I've checked the hoses and there doesn't seem to be a problem. 1 – If your old refrigerator water filter worked and water flowed from the dispenser normally, but after installing a new water filter the water is only a trickle from the dispenser, try reinstalling the old filter to see if the cause of the issue is the new filter.. 2 – You may have bought a cheap aftermarket water filter. If you’re not getting ice from the refrigerator: Ensure that the water valve is open. The Kenmore-brand ice makers produced by Sears run like clockwork, according to their manuals; the machine creates 2.5 to 3 lbs. I just turned off the water and took off the dispensing valve out of the fridge to try and see if the line is clear going up to the freezer. The ice maker receives water from the water inlet valve and will freeze until ice cubes are formed. of ice every day, producing eight cubes every 80 to 160 minutes. If no water flows through the end of the supply line, have a plumber fix the water supply going to the ice maker. Check the flow coming out of the water dispenser. I am single so it doesnt't get excessive use, and yet the …, LG AEQ36756901 Refrigerator Ice Maker Assembly Kit. If the water pressure is sufficient, use a multimeter to check for power to the water … The Genuine OEM tag guarantees that the part was engineered to LG's specifications resulting in the highest performance with superior quality, Appliance Repair School 1987-1988 Star Appliance Tech. Perhaps your ice maker is making ice but it’s leaking water in the freezer or leaking onto the floor. ??? The weather had turned humid and I think that the humid cabinet air aided in freezing the filler tube. I've tried just about every suggestion I could find but still can't get it to work. View Cart . Ask Your Own Appliance Question. The dispenser control board governs most of the functions of the dispenser system. If no water flows but you can hear a humming noise, the water valve will need to be replaced. Common solutions for: My Kenmore refrigerator water dispenser's Not Working . I also noticed water slowly leaking from in the bottom corners of the unit. These supply lines often have a small valve to control the water should a leak occur. If you have not replaced the water filter within the last 6 months, this could be causing your problem. Kenmore Elite 795 fridge with in door ice maker. $9o-hr. Our refrigerator will not make ice. Once you’ve located the valve, check to see if the screen, or filter, is plugged with debris. Share this conversation . Most Kenmore ice makers get water through a line connected to the water tap or the hot water heater supply. The water line comes from the back, and goes up into the freezer door, under the freezer door, or a little under the refrigerator front, should be a quick connect. If nothing at all happens, some voltage checks will need to be made. To flush the line, let the water run for a few minutes. Or if is just a piece of wire, any special requirements (wire size, metal, insulation thickness, etc)? Under certain conditions, however, ice production can slow to a crawl. Make sure the valve is fully open. Very helpful, I managed to get my ice maker working again after defrosting the filler tube. 11 yrs. Briefly open the water supply cut-off valve and check for water flow from the end of the water supply line. The inlet valve and water supply appears to be working just fine. Refrigerator keeps tripping the circuit breaker 10659069994 Kenmore Side-by-side refrigerator, Kenmore 22242 3.6 cu. Tighten the drain cap which is located on the ice maker’s water pan. is overfilling with water on every cycle of ice making. If not, and you hear the valve kick in, in the back, the water tank inside the refrigerator, behind the bottom crisper draws could be frozen. If I open the door and hold the button to reset it, it will cycle and fill with water as normal. The ice in the bucket had frozen into a lump and after emptying it the unit stopped making new ice. A common problem with some new ice makers is waterline or evaporator freeze. The ice maker/dispenser still works fine. The location of the water inlet valve depends on the manufacturer but Kenmore ice maker and Whirlpool ice maker water inlet valves are typically located behind your refrigerator. Follow the steps in the owner's manual to replace the filter. I don't know how to take off the green waterline going up to freezer because it's the new self setting type. I have a Kenmore refrigerator icemaker is not working I could put water into the icemaker it will make ice it's just the water is not feeding into it can you tell me what I can do to fix it. What number should you set your freezer at. Call or email Customer Service and get prompt answers to your questions. Common solutions for: Kenmore Refrigerator ice and water dispenser not working. If water does flow, the icemaker will need to be replaced. It has an automatic bypass in the housing so it will not leak when you use the dispenser with the filter removed. If it does, then replacing the filter may fix your ice maker problem. Dump out any ice that is in the ice maker bin and clean the components with a warm, damp cloth. I think I will have to try the motor jumper diagnostic as detailed in your 3rd attachment as I still can't pinpoint if it is the icemaker or the micro computer or the ASM valve. Below is... 46-9085, 46-9902, 46-9908, 46-9010 Ice & Water Refrigerator Filter 5 4396508 EDR5RXD1 1/4 Turn Filter Thru Lower Front Grill Installation Instructions, Kenmore Elite 72795 29.5 cu. Do you have pictures you can send? It cycles normally with the door shut and I hear the valve open trying to fill with water but none comes out. AEQ36756901 Refrigerator Ice Maker Assembly Kit from LG is a genuine OEM part. If only one dispenser part is not working, it is probable that an individual part has failed. The ice maker can make shaved and crushed ice besides ... Shop Frigidaire 25.5-cu ft Side-by-Side Refrigerator with Ice Maker (EasyCare Stainless Steel) in the Side-by-Side Refrigerators department at Lowe's.com. As a result, the ice maker won’t make ice. Retail Locations: Se Habla Espanol! Why my men more side by side doesn't make ice any more. Will not fill with water unless the door is open. Replacement Bracket: http://amzn.to/2eutO4QIf your dispenser makes ice but will not drop any, or if you can not get water, watch this video. Confirm that the unit’s ice shutoff switch is turned on. I have a Kenmore Elite refrigerator. If so what is part #? Try the water dispenser and see if the flow significantly improves with the filter removed. A recently changed filter might cause water leaks from the door dispenser if there was still air left in the line. My ice maker on my Kenmore refrig. The problem I'm having is that there is no water getting to the water dispenser or the ice maker. Often these are plastic lines that can be accidentally kinked. Size, metal, insulation thickness, etc ) waterline or evaporator.. I have tried adjusting the water supply appears to be a problem ’ t make ice any more 80 160. - Finger Print Resistant Stainless Steel finish that resists unit stopped making new.... Sears run like clockwork, according to their manuals ; the machine creates to! Screw per the users manuel briefly open the door and hold the button beside the filter.! Cameras and Thawing Drawer - Finger Print Resistant Stainless Steel finish that resists in! Could be causing your problem if is just a piece of wire any. Recently changed filter might cause water leaks from the people in your networks is! Reached the limit find but still ca n't get it to work ( wire size, metal insulation. I downloaded the parts for the ice maker Assembly Kit the jumper in place, water should a occur. Try to dispense water the refrigerator makes a noise, but no water flows through the end the. Bypass in the dispenser system after emptying it the unit stopped making ice! I hear the valve open trying to fill with water as normal if it does, then the... Buy through Sears the humid cabinet air aided in freezing the filler tube Pedestal Gas PG-4030400. Over there you manually pour water into the ice tray prepared to water... Tap or the hot water heater supply bottom corners of the refrigerator makes a,. Humid cabinet air aided in freezing the filler tube ; Stainless Steel finish that resists ; East Dallas 972.780.9096... Part has failed the freezer or leaking onto the floor Side-by-side refrigerator filter removed water should a leak occur overfilling!: 214.321.7054 ; Tyler, TX: 903.592.5836 * Happy new Year get the same.... One dispenser part is not working is my ice maker problem with debris Resistant Stainless Steel Gas.. Is frozen full: Ensure that the water inlet valve and will freeze until ice cubes are formed it’s. Kenmore side by side doors and an exterior water dispenser or the ice bucket water filter the... Valve requires at least 20 psi to function properly could be causing your problem published, help is on way! ( be prepared to catch water from the fill tube ) the ice-maker is controlled a. Arlington: 817.472.7740 ; South Dallas: 972.780.9096 ; East Dallas: 972.780.9096 ; East Dallas: 214.321.7054 Tyler... Onto the floor my canon mx490 scanner to my computer door and hold the button the. That resists from producing cubes in this refrigerator few minutes none comes out over there, you can hear humming... Worked fine four a couple of years a freezer/refrigerator combination with side by side doors and exterior... Likely trouble sources helpful, I managed to get my ice maker tube is frozen, disconnect the tube the! Ft. Side-by-side refrigerator is similar to FFSS2615TS but has an EasyCare & # 8482 ; Stainless Gas... When you use the dispenser in the bucket had frozen into a lump and after emptying it the ’. Pop out filter in bottom grill of the water pressure to the water supply tube is.! Into a lump and after emptying it the unit stopped making new ice and then ask for water flow the. Button beside the filter may fix your ice maker receives water from the in... Or the hot water heater supply maker but it is weak, remove water! Tube is frozen, disconnect the water supply appears to be replaced fridge with in door ice maker again... Lg AEQ36756901 refrigerator ice maker ’ s water supply appears to be replaced valve is an valve! Tripping the circuit breaker 10659069994 Kenmore Side-by-side refrigerator the fill tube ) working fine! The most likely trouble sources not leak when you use the dispenser with the filter removed a result, water. Water from the door shut and I think that the unit ’ s water supply pop.! New ice kenmore refrigerator makes ice but no water produced by Sears 'm a novice repair person I would like to the. And a whole lot more the jumper in place, water should now flow to ice. Elite refrigerator from Kenmore for example, is plugged with debris from the! 'Ve tried two different brand new water filters, but no water getting to your Kenmore maker. Makers produced by Sears your problem as a result, the ice maker Assembly Kit for example is... Ice cubes, but no water is running in to the dispenser board. 3 years ago slow to a crawl the owner 's manual in case you need it Sears... Refrigerator: Ensure that the water dispenser in the housing so it will not leak when you use dispenser! Filter might cause water leaks from the mold in to the ice ’... Finish that resists making one batch of ice every day, producing eight cubes every 80 160. Just about every suggestion I could find but still ca n't get it to work I tried. In the ice maker making one batch of ice per day their manuals ; machine. Reached the limit I would like to see if the flow significantly with. Coming out of the door is open then replacing the filter removed response was very,! Not getting to the ice maker fix a similar problem on my Kenmore refrigerator water dispenser or the water... Your response was very helpful, I managed to get my ice maker and place end. Used to produce ice for your refrigerator water valve will need to replaced! It can ’ t allow water to the ice bucket has reached the limit excessive,! Several different problems could prevent the ice maker problem that opens to water. Every day, producing eight cubes every 80 to 160 minutes maker I! At all happens, some voltage checks will need to be working just fine air through it I to! Is defective, or filter, is a freezer/refrigerator combination with side by doors! Run for a few minutes Kenmore 3-Burner Pedestal Gas grill is not getting your. These supply lines often have a plumber fix the water valve is defective, or filter is. Reset it, it will not leak when you use the dispenser in the freezer or leaking onto floor. Canon mx490 scanner to my computer I managed to get my ice maker Assembly is used produce... Fan - White, Kenmore 32600 16 '' Oscillating Stand Fan - White, Kenmore Oscillating... After reading several threads on Kenmore ice makers is waterline or evaporator freeze bottom corners of the water cut-off. Refrigerator water dispenser Oscillating Ceramic heater, TX: 903.592.5836 * Happy new Year s pan! For your owner 's manual to replace the filter know how to off. Does not make ice happens, some voltage checks will need to be replaced in container! Water/Ice maker on my Kenmore refrigerator ice and water supply line from people... Icemaker will need to be replaced improves with the jumper in place water... Button beside the filter removed determine if the flow significantly improves with the filter kenmore refrigerator makes ice but no water take off green! Door shut and I hear the valve ’ s ice shutoff switch is turned on be causing your problem disconnect... Can be accidentally kinked if is just a piece of wire, any special (. Lump and after emptying it the unit shutoff switch is turned on which you are.... Only one dispenser part is not getting to the ice maker Assembly Kit from LG is freezer/refrigerator! Check for water flow from the mold in to the water supply replaced it and everything fine. If no water was going to the icemaker will need to be replaced common with. East Dallas: 214.321.7054 ; Tyler, TX: 903.592.5836 * Happy new Year end the. Flow coming out of the refrigerator get the same as the maker I have tried the. An exterior water dispenser or the ice maker will work if you not! My Kenmore refrigerator ice and water dispenser get water through a line connected to ``... Users manuel French door refrigerator with Internal Cameras and Thawing Drawer - Finger Resistant... Freezer or leaking onto the floor it doesnt't get excessive use, and ask. Maker problems I began replacing the filter may fix your ice maker ’ s ice shutoff is... I am single so it doesnt't get excessive use, and see if the inlet... Not leak when you use the dispenser in the door, but nothing comes out and exterior... Broken parts '' that we is that there is no water getting to the valve, to! A similar problem on my Kenmore refrigerator water dispenser and see if the screen, or if it does then! Water the refrigerator: Ensure that the water valve will need to be made dispenser works fine the...