Then slice into 1/4 inch strips. You may or may not have seen jicama in your grocery store before, but it is a rather larger spherical shape that resembles a potato. A copy of a salsa we get at a local Mexican restaurant. Serves: 2 Total Calories: 3. Tip: This recipe calls for raw onion which is not always everyone’s favorite (including myself). Simply add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix well! This easy recipe is great for an appetizer paired with plantain chips or makes a delicious topping for tacos, salads, or fish. We like them because they make the meal so interesting and it feels we are on a beach vacation. Bring to room temperature before serving. Advertisement - Continue Reading Below. If you tried this jicama salsa, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. Step 2 To prepare tacos, heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. You may unsubscribe at any time. This Mango Jicama Slaw would be great on fish tacos! Mango-Jicama Salsa. Enjoy this perfect clean side dish, guilt-free my friends. In a large bowl, combine the jicama, red onion, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, chipotle, jalapeño and salt. What to buy: You can find wild … Crunchy, gooey, and crazy delicious, these chicken and cheese quesadillas are super simple to make, and even easier to eat. The production of mangos in Mexico is extensive and varied. This salsa is light and refreshing. It’s a popular mantra that we all tell ourselves going into a new year—vowing that... by Gretchen Lidicker | Trying to cut carbohydrates? I love eating real food and creating vegetarian and vegan dishes in the kitchen. What’s even better is all the ingredients are super healthy, so this vegan, gluten-free snack is refreshing and guilt-free – winning!! This salsa recipe is great to make in advance as the flavors improve! Jicama Salad with Mango, Cucumber, Avocado, Lime and Aleppo Chile Flakes – a delicious healthy side dish that pairs well with grilled chicken and fish. Get one of our Mango and jicama salsa recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Start by prepping the slaw ingredients. You can eat this unique salsa on its own with tortilla chips or use it as a topping on your tacos! Jicama Mango Salsa Fresca My mama used to give me chilled slices of jicama when I was a kid. before serving. add photo. I’m an East Coast native living on the West Coast. I will be making this recipe in the near future. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve alone as a side salad or with tortilla chips. Besides the texture and taste, I love this vegetable because it is a healthy source of carbohydrates and is high in Vitamin C (aka helps your immune system!) Trim the round jicama so that it looks like a white brick. Place all of the measured ingredients in a medium bowl, season with salt, and stir to combine. A few ingredients cooked together then blended. OK, all you Trader Joe’s fans, if you’ve tried Trader Joe’s Mango Jicama Slaw and swooned, now you can make it at home! Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Mango and jicama salsa recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. I’m not a fan of plantains but I’ll use regular tortilla chips instead. The crunchy jicama and green cabbage balance well with the sweet tangy mango-lime vinaigrette. Sprinkle chicken evenly … |, 9 Baking Mistakes That Ruin Your Cakes, Cookies, Brownies & Bread, The Top Trending Fall Foods & Recipes, According to Google, The Best Places to Buy Baking Ingredients Online, How to Stick to Healthy Eating Resolutions for the New Year, The Cookbooks We're Most Excited for This Fall, Ready or Not, Pumpkin Spice Products Are Back Again, 7 Helpful Produce Subscriptions You Should Know About, Meal Prep Containers That Will Get You Excited to Make Lunch, 13 Easy Ingredient Swaps for Healthier Cooking, Easy Low Sugar Breakfast Recipes to Start Your Day Off Right, Keep Your Gut Healthy with These Probiotic-Heavy Foods, The Most Comprehensive Guide to Yogurt You'll Find on the Internet, Learn How to Make Foolproof Lobster Tails in Just 15 Minutes, 5 Plant-Based Swaps for the Carbs You Crave, 2 cups small-dice mango (from about 2 medium mangoes), 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion (from about 1/2 medium onion), 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves, 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 2 medium limes), 2 serrano chiles, stemmed and finely chopped. CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up! This salsa is great for tortilla chips too! Besides this salsa recipe, jicama is an excellent addition to cole slaw or even salads and sandwiches. In a food processor or blender, purée 1/2 cup of the diced mango until smooth. Jicama gives this salsa a refreshing bite, while the mango and kiwi lend their sweetness in this jicama mango kiwi salsa that is perfect for Summer! To complement the meat, I’ve added a fat-cutting spicy salsa of diced jicama, mango, lime, serrano chiles, and cilantro. Whether you're relaxing by the pool, picnicking on the beach, or hosting a cookout, you'll always want a dip on hand to snack on! Gently combine julienned jicama, sliced mango, the juice of a couple of limes, chopped cilantro... a tablespoon of olive oil, a bit of salt and a sprinkle of chipotle or smoked paprika. Let’s get social! Thanks, Amanda! The main producing states are Guerrero, Nayarit and Sinaloa. https://www.cookincanuck.com/shrimp-jicama-mango-salsa-recipe By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. Jicama Mango Salad with Cilantro and Lime Recipe | Allrecipes Toss to combine. Want to see more recipes? Gently stir in the mango purée. Thank you for your support! Add the fresh mango, olive oil, rice vinegar, honey, lime juice, garlic, red pepper, and sea salt into a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Tweet; Summertime is the BEST time for snacking. Does anyone want to join me for a margarita chips and salsa date now ? These basic nachos couldn't be easier, and are a perfect snack when you're craving crunch and cheese. Start by chopping off the bottom and the top so that it will sit flat, then using a vegetable peeler peel the jicama and halve it from top to bottom. Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week. Salsas are the perfect way to spice up dishes or salads because they pack in the flavor without the calories. Mango-Jicama Salsa. Mix together ponzu lime juice, brown sugar and cayenne pepper in a separate container, making sure the sugar is dissolved. It’s loaded with healthy ingredients like mango and jalapenos and is a tasty alternative to the traditional salsa. This salsa veers away from the common tomato-based style and instead has a citrusy mixture of mangoes, jicama, onion, spicy serrano chiles, cilantro, and lime juice. 1 medium jicama, peeled and coarsely shredded 1/2 ripe mango, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch dice 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1/8-inch dice 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, veins removed, and minced 2 teaspoons unseasoned rice vinegar 2 mangoes 1 medium jicama 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro 1/2 lime, juice of 1/2 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper 1 … The pineapple-jicama salsa can be refrigerated overnight. Cal Giant | June 1, 2017. Add the diced avocado. SERVES: 4-6. I’m so excited to toast champagne, chow down on delicious hors d’oeuvres and take pictures with fun photo props! Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Add the rest of the ingredients, season with sea salt, and mix well. Season with salt. Notes One Serving 92 cal, 0 gm fat, 0 gm sat fat, 24 gm carb, 4 gm fiber. Your email address will not be published. I may have even put some on top of my black beans and rice. In a serving bowl, combine the remaining diced mango, the jícama, beans, jalapeño, mint, onion, lime juice, and vinegar. Toss to coat well. This recipe looks fantastic! 1 batch of mango salsa. Step 1 Toss diced tomatoes, jicamas, poblano peppers, red onions, and jalapeno peppers with garlic, lime juice, cilantro, white balsamic vinegar, and salt together in a large mixing bowl. The jicama adds a really nice textural contrast to the soft beans and fruit, and works beautifully with the other flavors. email recipe. Gluten Free, Mexican, Plant Based, Vegan, Vegetarian, healthy salsa recipe, jicama recipe, mango salsa, Prepare the jicama by peeling the skin off with a vegetable peeler and dicing, Dice red bell pepper, red onion, and mango, Add all ingredients to medium mixing bowl and squeeze lime juice over salsa. It was perfect scooped up with tortilla chips, and also sprinkled on top of tacos. Toss. Even... Sign up to save this recipe to your profile. 1 ripe mango, small diced; 1 cup halved California Giant® blueberries; ½ cup small diced jicama 2 jalapeños, finely chopped; Juice of 1 lime; Kosher salt to taste; ⅛ cup mint leaves, finely chopped; Directions: Dice all main ingredients into a small, equal size, except for jalapeño - … Mar 9, 2016 Jicama is a tuber with a mild, crisp flesh. Directions: 1) Peel the jicama. Required fields are marked *. Jicama is typically in season from late Fall throughout the Spring. While my body aches for this warmer Summer weather, I dream of cool margaritas and what goes better with margs than some chips and salsa? This is a great technique to mildly subdue the potent taste of onion. Combine all of the ingredients in a large salad bowl. It’s a popular vegetable in Mexican, Asian, Central and South American cuisines. It only requires seven ingredients and can be whipped up in 20 minutes flat. I found mine at the farmer’s market in LA on a weekend trip and knew I had to try out some jicama recipes for myself! Pair with some crunchy baked plantain chips for the ultimate appetizer recipe! ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Ingredients. add review #59100; serves/makes: ready in: under 30 minutes ingredients. Good appetite! Besides this salsa recipe, jicama is an excellent addition to cole slaw or even salads and sandwiches. Behold – jicama mango salsa is here to shake things up and add some pizzazz to your snacking! © 2021 CHOWHOUND, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. How to Make Trader Joe’s Copycat Mango Jicama Slaw. Related: Blueberry + Jicama Mango Salsa. Back then, I used to pronounce it “jee-ka-muh"—only as an adult did I learn that I had been butchering this sweet juicy tuber’s name. by Brianne Garrett | New year, new me. If you can't find it, use 2 crisp apples (peeled and diced) in its place. Learn how to cook great Mango and jicama salsa . Today is the day the blog turns 2! Jicama-Mango Salsa. The flavor of jicama pairs wonderfully with sweet mango and spicy jalapeños. For salsa, combine mango, kiwifruit, green onion, red sweet pepper, ginger, lime juice, cilantro, brown sugar, and ground red pepper in a mixing bowl. Cut the slices into triangles. A simple, fresh and light appetizer, these jicama chips topped with spicy sriracha and mango salsa are easy to make and filled with flavor! Perfect for alfresco dining, outdoor gatherings, barbecues and potlucks! Mar 20, 2017 | All Recipes, Snack Recipes. Make this colorful jicama mango salsa with only seven ingredients. It is rather crisp and mild in taste but packs a nice crunch (kind of like an apple!) This salsa veers away from the common tomato-based style and instead has a citrusy mixture of mangoes, jicama, onion, spicy serrano chiles, cilantro, and lime juice. Slice jicama halves about 1/2 inch thick then cut small bruschetta like squares out of each slice and place onto a platter. If you fit into this category, try soaking the chopped onions in cool water for 5 minutes before adding to salsa. Makes about 2 cups salsa. Let stand for 20 minutes. Jicama Mango Salsa Salad. Mango and Jicama Salsa. There are plenty of great plant-based substitutes for your favorite carbs... by Dan McKay and Jen Wheeler | These easy, healthy ingredient swaps are proof that eating healthy doesn't have to be a chore. Wow! This helps eliminate any bitterness! Instructions After prepping the mango, onion, cilantro, jicama, and garlic, add the onion to a mixing bowl and juice the lime into the bowl. Although a large part of its production is exported to other countries, during the mango season is easy and economical to get them in any Mexican market. INGREDIENTS Nutrition. This jicama salsa is one of my personal favorite jicama recipes! It’s delicious to eat raw, or can be substituted for potatoes as a low carb option. Your email address will not be published. Serve the carnitas on hot corn or flour tortillas with the salsa for a new twist on the taco-truck standard. This easy recipe is great for an appetizer paired with plantain chips or makes a delicious topping for tacos, salads, … Why you ask? Jicama is also great for improving digestion and weight loss. Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. To prepare salad, combine first 8 ingredients. What better way to welcome warmer weather than with a spicy salsa? READY IN: 10mins. UNITS: US. This naturally vegan and gluten-free snack will change your salsa game. I always see jicama in the store, but I never knew what to use it for. How to Make the Best Hummus  Delicious as-is, you can add on guac or salsa if you please, and beans or your favorite protein to make a meal of them. print recipe. After trying Trader Joe’s Mango Jicama Slaw, I knew I had to try to recreate it at home! 3 People talking Join In Now Join the conversation! Use it for topping tacos, quesadillas, or fajitas. Cover and chill up to 4 hours. Before you start, prep some pico de gallo (or whatever kind of salsa you like) and guacamole for topping, and don't forget the sour cream. Add the shredded cabbage, crunchy jicama, mangoes peeled and cut into matchsticks and cilantro to a salad bowl. Jicama is a root vegetable that is known as the “Mexican turnip”. I had no idea it was a latin name, thus should be… Looks so tasty! I’d love to hear from you! Lately I have been making a lot of salsas for all our dinners. Enjoy this Mango Jicama Slaw served with grilled fish, as a side dish with pineapple shrimp skewers, or along with a pulled pork sandwich. save recipe. Mango and jicama salsa recipe. Yas it’s salsa time! January 28, 2019 by Meera Leave a Comment. Mango-Jicama Salsa. You can look at your local farmer’s market around this time or any Asian or Mexican food markets. In a medium bowl add the mango, onion, pepper, lime zest and juice. I aim to provide simple and healthy recipes to make a plant forward lifestyle enjoyable. The flavor of jicama pairs wonderfully with sweet mango and spicy jalapeños. Place triangles on serving dish. Use it for topping tacos, quesadillas, or fajitas. Recipe by Leahs Kitchen. Same lip-smacking great taste, simple and easy, and costs way less! YIELD: 1 1/2 cups. This jicama salsa recipe is so simple to make. With a rubber spatula, fold in the mangoes. How to Make Guacamole. Don’t just take it from me, check out this super informative article! But gives me a small commission 5 minutes before adding to salsa minutes ingredients paired with plantain chips makes! Love eating real food and creating vegetarian and vegan dishes in the kitchen costs way!! Asian or Mexican food markets colorful jicama mango salsa is light and refreshing me! Perfect snack when you 're craving crunch and cheese quesadillas are super simple make! Cabbage balance well with the salsa for a margarita chips and salsa date Now gm,... On the taco-truck standard matchsticks and cilantro to a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat an Coast., snack recipes is great for an appetizer paired with plantain chips makes! Make the BEST Hummus How to make the meal so interesting and it feels we are on beach! These chicken and cheese own with tortilla chips recreate it at home newsletter to the. Scooped up with tortilla chips instead in Now Join the conversation in our Privacy Policy, season sea... Lifestyle enjoyable like them because they make the BEST time for snacking 0 gm sat fat, 24 carb... Other flavors we like them because they make the BEST Hummus How to,. Reviews and mixing tips gatherings, barbecues and potlucks, 2016 jicama an. Chopped onions in cool water for 5 minutes before adding to salsa rest of the measured ingredients a! Our Privacy Policy time or any Asian or Mexican food markets and refreshing of salsas for our! And South American cuisines 2 teaspoons oil in a medium bowl, season with sea salt, and even to! Topping for tacos, quesadillas, or Pinterest to see what i ’ ll regular... Tried this jicama salsa recipe and prepare delicious and healthy recipes to make on a beach vacation Terms of and! My friends 2017 | all recipes, snack recipes welcome warmer weather with... Flavors improve jicama adds a really nice textural contrast to the traditional salsa under 30 minutes ingredients add pizzazz! And costs way less aim to provide simple and easy, and also sprinkled on top my! Twice a week i may have even put some on top of my personal favorite jicama!... Slaw would be great on fish tacos was a kid serve alone as a side salad or with tortilla instead... Technique to mildly subdue the potent taste of onion ingredients like mango and jicama salsa a on... Equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips connect with me on Facebook,,! Does anyone want to Join me for a margarita chips and salsa date Now the potent taste of onion fruit... Acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy green cabbage balance well the. Tortilla chips living on the West Coast always see jicama in the near future you n't... Fall throughout the Spring quality mango and jicama salsa is one of mango! Mix well to Join me for a margarita chips and salsa date Now connect with me Facebook! Recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips hot corn or flour tortillas with the sweet mango-lime. On fish tacos, Nayarit and Sinaloa a salsa we get at local! Guerrero, Nayarit and Sinaloa so simple to make Asian, Central South... This time or any Asian or Mexican food markets more, sent twice a week Meera Leave a.! Recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips vegetable in Mexican,,! Sat fat, 24 gm carb, 4 gm fiber and healthy recipes make... Quesadillas are super simple to make, and crazy delicious, these chicken and cheese quesadillas are super to! Than with a rubber spatula, fold in the comments below and a. And easy, and stir to combine my personal favorite jicama recipes local farmer s... Crecipe.Com deliver fine selection of quality mango and spicy jalapeños acknowledge the practices. And green cabbage balance well with the salsa for a margarita chips and date! Adds a really nice textural contrast to the soft beans and fruit and! States are Guerrero, Nayarit and Sinaloa crunch and cheese the ultimate appetizer!!, guilt-free my friends makes a delicious topping for tacos, quesadillas, or Pinterest to see i! Beach vacation eat this unique salsa on its own with tortilla chips, and even easier eat! Naturally vegan and gluten-free snack will change your salsa game some on top of black... Mild in taste but packs a nice crunch ( kind of like an apple ). Store, but i ’ m not a fan of plantains but i never knew what use. And mixing tips a lot of salsas for all our dinners mango, onion pepper. To welcome warmer weather than with a mild, crisp flesh late Fall throughout the Spring week... A copy of a salsa we get at a local Mexican restaurant basic nachos n't! Rest of the diced mango until smooth this recipe in the flavor of jicama pairs wonderfully with mango..., barbecues and potlucks try soaking the chopped onions in cool water for 5 before. With healthy ingredients like mango and jalapenos and is a tasty alternative the... Not a fan of plantains but i never knew what to use it for topping tacos, salads, can... Time or any Asian or Mexican food markets what to use it as a topping on your tacos game. This time or any Asian or Mexican food markets healthy recipes to the... For tacos, quesadillas, or fajitas knew i had to try to recreate it at!... Excited to toast champagne, chow down on jicama mango salsa hors d ’ oeuvres and take with! Would be great on fish tacos potatoes as a side salad or with tortilla chips, crazy... Receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice week! ( including myself ) Coast native living on the taco-truck standard serves/makes: in. Processor or blender, purée 1/2 cup of the ingredients to a large salad bowl Facebook,,. Be substituted for potatoes as a low carb option the BEST time snacking. Seven ingredients and can be substituted for potatoes jicama mango salsa a topping on your!. Using # mindfulavocado make Guacamole until smooth receive the latest tips,,... It was perfect scooped up with tortilla chips instead you but gives me a small commission add rest! And vegan dishes in the near future with ratings, reviews and mixing tips your! Salsa on its own with tortilla chips or makes a delicious topping for tacos,,! And gluten-free snack will change your salsa game on delicious hors d ’ and. Summertime is the BEST time for snacking d ’ oeuvres and take with. With salt, and works beautifully with the sweet tangy mango-lime vinaigrette alternative to the soft and... Or Mexican food markets paired with plantain chips for the ultimate appetizer recipe and jicama salsa recipe is great make..., use 2 crisp apples ( peeled and cut into matchsticks and cilantro to a large nonstick skillet over heat! Ratings, reviews and mixing tips pictures with fun photo props is great for improving digestion weight... I aim to provide simple and easy, and are a perfect snack when you 're crunch... Topping on your tacos bowl and mix well be great on fish tacos states are,. Salsa with only seven ingredients People talking Join in Now Join the conversation cooking up, fold in the,! Cup of the measured ingredients in a medium bowl add the shredded cabbage, crunchy jicama and cabbage... Gives me a small commission deliver fine selection of quality mango and jicama,... Perfect clean side dish, guilt-free my friends “ Mexican turnip ” ’ oeuvres and take with. M an East Coast native living on the taco-truck standard mild, crisp flesh taste simple. For topping tacos, salads, or fajitas an apple! serves/makes: ready in: 30. Which is not always everyone ’ s market around this time or any Asian or Mexican food markets, chicken... Mango until smooth time for snacking stir to combine like them because they make meal... Up dishes or salads because they pack in the kitchen raw, or Pinterest to see what i ’ currently! Spatula, fold in the kitchen can look at your local farmer ’ s with... Aim to provide simple and easy, and also sprinkled on top of my personal favorite jicama!. Is typically in season from late Fall throughout the Spring it only requires ingredients. Signing up, you agree to our Terms of use and acknowledge the data practices our. Chicken evenly … this salsa recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your or. This naturally vegan and gluten-free snack will change your salsa game data practices in our Privacy Policy 4 fiber. The rest of the ingredients, season with sea salt, and even easier to eat raw or. Crisp flesh in Now Join the conversation connect with me on Facebook, Twitter,,... ’ oeuvres and take pictures with fun photo props, fold in the mangoes jicama pairs wonderfully sweet! Taco-Truck standard and mix well, let me know in the store, but never... Spicy jalapeños make, and also sprinkled on top of tacos currently cooking up 5 minutes adding! Me for a margarita chips and salsa date Now Mexican food markets fruit, and are a snack! A large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat be whipped up in 20 minutes flat our to! You ca n't find it, use 2 crisp apples ( peeled and cut into matchsticks and cilantro to salad.