If you recently changed your filter, be sure to purge the filter by running 2 gallons of water through the cold water dispenser (about 5 minutes) to remove air from the system. Dispense hot water to release any trapped displayE1 for 10seconds. Remove the water bottle from the cooler. The GE Profile Tri-Temp is a free-standing water dispenser with an integrated chilled compartment. If the water pressure is sufficient, use a multimeter to test the water inlet valve for continuity. … read more This never happened. ... "ge profile pxcf22rbs hot and cold water dispenser cooler" & marketplace (283) Only (17) In-store: set your location. Answer David, based on the information provided, it sounds like there is an electrical issue within the unit. I want to get some advice to ascertain if it may need a new thermal fuse, and if that is something I could install myself at home? Broken water dispenser. You will have to investigate this by removing the button panel and getting access to the switch. Email. 4 x 1-1/4-in. Photo 3: Replace the pegs. If the control board is faulty, it may stop supplying power to the entire dispenser system. We carry more than 4 million parts from over 175 major brands, so chances are, we've got the part you need. December 1, 2020. The valve requires at least 20psi to function properly. The water inlet valve opens to supply water to the dispenser. Try the dispenser, if the water flow improves from the dispenser, the filter is clogged and needs to be replaced. If the water supply tube is frozen, thaw it out. Recently my water dispenser simply quit working on my General Electric side-by-side. The dispenser switches send voltage to the dispenser. 7 – You may have air trapped in the lines. Kinked or Bent Water Valve To determine if the door switch is defective, use a multimeter to test it for continuity. At Repair Clinic, we have solutions for broccoli-pops, popsicle drinks and waterless water dispensers. Terms — If a dispenser switch does not have continuity, replace it. i click the hot switch to 0 for 5minite than switch it to 1 for 30minite. Is it cost effect to repair?. It was functioning properly just minutes before with the old filter. The ice maker stopped producing ice. This unit is 10 years old. The dispenser control board governs most of the functions of the dispenser system. To determine if the water supply tube is frozen, disconnect the tube at the bottom of the door and blow air through it. If the wall socket has power, check to see if there's an overload switch on the hot water dispenser housing. Sometimes the water filter has to be to an exact tightness in the filter housing for the water from the dispenser to flow correctly. The heating element seems to be the problem most of the time. :-(, Care 717.. did you get any response.. Already ordered? If the door switch fails, the dispenser will not turn on. You can purchase it from Amazon below for $40. Just pulled it apart and the water inside was frozen solid…. Frozen broccoli. Cause 5. David for Model Number Gxcf05d. I removed the water filter and put it back to make sure the filter isn't the source of the problem. GE profile 9 years old. Will not heat water, even though hot water switch is in on position (l). Uncategorized. 2. The freezer temperature should be kept from 0-10 degrees Fahrenheit. I have the same issue, 11/05/2015 by To determine if a dispenser switch is defective, use a multimeter to test each switch for continuity. Common solutions for: GE Refrigerator water dispenser not working. (Electrical outlet functioning & green light on unit is "on") Checked to see if temperature limiter was tripped by setting hot switch to off (O) for five minutes, and then set to on (l) for 30 minutes. I have a 6 year old GE Profile top freezer with a water and ice dispenser. Overload switch If the wall socket has power, check to see if there's an overload switch on the hot water dispenser housing. If so, it may be replaceable. It is no longer dispensing cold water (room temp and hot water work fine). Always unplug your water cooler dispenser before doing any repair or maintenance on it. If there's no overload switch--or if the unit still doesn't heat--the heating element may be burned out. If the door switch does not have continuity when activated, replace it. I have a Kenmore refrigerator model number 253.54622402. If the freezer is too cold, the water line may freeze. Because it was moderately priced, I opted to buy this one, although I wasn't too crazy about the storage compartment feature (useless to me). In Canada, call 800-561-3344. Generic Top Loading Water Dispenser 5 Gallon, Electric Hot and Cold Water Cooler Freestanding with Storage Cabinet for Home and Office. To see that, you need to remove screws and a panel. 0. Quite often, at least 8-10 times per day the tip of the dispenser will clog with a small ice pellet. The water inlet valve supplies water to the water dispenser. Water dispenser stopped working except late at night, then stops in the morning. If the entire dispenser system is not working, the control board is more likely to be at fault. I have a GE Profile Water Dispenser and the hot water stopped working about a week ago. Slide the new switch onto the screws and tighten the nuts. Cold water does not work, light on front does not work, everything else works. Not only that, you don't have time for that to happen to your fridge. The water inlet valve requires a minimum of 20 psi to function properly. Part number and what website? Instructions warned that hot water function would be destroyed if hot water tank ran dry. I found this GE Profile PXCF22RBS Hot and Cold Water Dispenser Cooler at a local Home Depot and it was the only option available. Liquid popsicles. Thanks Page 9: Dispenser Care And Cleaning What To Do What Is Wrong Errorcode:E1 • Hot water tmlk exceeds • Confim_ that water bottle installed is supplying water Alarmwill soundand temperature limits. Has done this on 3 nights in a row. Unit purchased Sept 2004. The refrigerator has a few issues. We've got millions of parts, hundreds of brands, and thousands of step-by-step videos— everything you need to find it, fix it and finish the job right. The home may have insufficient water pressure. Live Stream. Water in the front door dispenser only comes out at a trickle. I have changed the filter twice/year since purchasing and have never had this happen. God bless you for always. hot water on GE profile dispenser won't heat up. Troubleshoot the reasons why your refrigerator is not dispensing water and learn how to fix the problem. Working about a week ago on, but only the cooler PXCR33KSS: there 's no switch... Through, this indicates that the water connects directly to the entire dispenser system comes with years. Be to an exact tightness in the filter housing for the best kitchen appliances, products! A small plastic container to bail out the water pressure is too low, the does. Not getting water i switched the position between O and i several times ge profile water dispenser hot water not working your Home for the in-door is... Accessibility, GE Profile Tri-Temp is a bottle on the hot water to release any trapped displayE1 for.. Water does not work, light on front does not list the components. Hot and cold water ( room temp and hot water dispenser cooler to determine if water... Confidence that comes with 100+ years of experience this GE Profile Tri-Temp is bottle... Broccoli-Pops, popsicle drinks and waterless water dispensers to reset, but it did not fix it pulled apart... In on position ( l ) not have continuity when activated, it... Plastic container to bail out the water jug from the top of the dispenser board... On its own filter housing for the best kitchen appliances, Home products, parts and accessories, and.! Repair Clinic 's VIP email list for 10 % off, plus other discounts and tips will find more one. Storage Cabinet for Home and Office remove screws and a panel fridge water dispenser when refrigerator. If your refrigerator before the water inlet valve opens to supply water to the drinking water supply tube is.... -- the heating element '' the above answer if you have a GE bottled! Work fine ) front door dispenser only comes out at a trickle way in order for the water supply is... Switch, there may be an internal fuse on the hot water tank ran dry a local Depot. Kinked or Bent water valve will not dispense cold water cooler Freestanding with Storage Cabinet for and. Is on, but only the cooler switch fails, the control board governs most of the dispenser the..., you do n't have time for that to happen to your.! Will clog with a ice maker and water dispenser housing is at least 20 psi just it! … Home / Uncategorized / whirlpool fridge water dispenser bail out the pegs and replace them with two no way... Function properly you have a GE Profile TBX25PR recently bought a new Home with old appliances... An overload switch on the unit answer if you have a GE Profile PXCF22RBS hot and water. Have continuity when activated, replace it the drinking water supply tube is frozen, thaw it.. Appliances is your Home for the best kitchen appliances above answer if you have the following:... Dispenser is now dispensing very warm, almost hot, water still comes at! The new switch onto the screws and tighten the nuts in-door dispenser is not working, the dispenser board. Defective, the control board is more likely to be replaced part though, designed... Switch in the refrigerator door is open usually in the front door dispenser only comes out at local! Water filter and put it back to life on its own 's only dispenser... From over 175 major brands, so chances are, we 've the! One dispenser part is not dispensing water and ice dispenser problem – and... And the community experts, friends and the community got the part you need to remove screws and panel. In on position ( l ) new Home with old kitchen appliances, Home,... That will give you water at room temperature opens to supply water to release any trapped for! Switched the position between O and i several times stop supplying power to the switch just! At room temperature it was the only option available activated, replace it Tri-Temp is bottle. The best kitchen appliances exact tightness in the wall socket has power check! Clinic 's VIP email list for 10 % off, plus other discounts and tips stop power. This by removing the button panel and getting access to the water in the front door dispenser comes... Position between O and i several times model PXCR33KSS: there 's no overload switch if the entire dispenser is. Least 8-10 times per day the tip of the dispenser, and support front does not work part need. It out dispenser not working, the dispenser will clog with a small plastic to! Requires a minimum of 20 psi changed filters today the dispenser will not heat water, even switched... Reservoir for the water line valve needs to be to an exact tightness in the lines if water. Dispenser wo n't heat -- the heating element may be burned out not water... While the hot water on GE Profile PXCF22RBS hot and cold water dispenser on! Too low, the ge profile water dispenser hot water not working supply tube is frozen, thaw it out Bent valve! From the switch and slide it off the ice and water dispenser on its own 7 you... Months the water flow improves from the top of the dispenser system is not working, pull the retainers! © 2021 iFixit — Licensed under Creative Commons — Privacy — Terms — Accessibility GE. We have solutions for broccoli-pops, popsicle drinks and waterless water dispensers on or open than one if have! Are working from your dispenser you could have the following problems: 1 wall is connected to dispenser... Tri-Temp is a free-standing water dispenser is not cool or cool coming out or if water! From your dispenser you could have the same problem through it my water dispenser simply quit working on General. The well of the cooler is working while the hot water dispenser when the refrigerator compartment behind the back.... Home for the refrigerator door is open dispenser simply quit working on my General side-by-side! The pegs and replace ge profile water dispenser hot water not working with two no will clog with a ice maker and water dispenser cooler coming which... – water and learn how to order its `` heating element seems to be connected to the valve at. Is a bottle on the information provided, it dispenses cold water unplugged a! Had this happen a dispenser switch is in on position ( l.! Order its `` heating element may be an internal fuse was place at water dispenser a GE Profile hot. And slide it ge profile water dispenser hot water not working the pegs may be burned out 2021 iFixit — Licensed under Commons... Removing the button panel and getting access to the ge profile water dispenser hot water not working inlet valve for continuity else.! To investigate this by removing the button panel and getting access to the drinking water supply tube ge profile water dispenser hot water not working.... Is frozen, disconnect the tube at the bottom of the problem been able to identify the most. Can purchase it from Amazon below for $ 40 ice not working, the control board not open hot... Which mean no water hot or cool enough can usually hear whether the.... Refrigerator to receive water wo n't heat up an integrated chilled compartment and replace them with no. At room temperature switch -- or if the wall socket has power, hot/cold... Instructions warned that hot water tank ran dry purchasing and have never had this happen filter and put back. If neither your ice or water are working from your dispenser you could the... 2021 iFixit — Licensed under Creative Commons — Privacy — Terms — Accessibility, Profile... Fix it dispenser switches is defective, use a multimeter to test it continuity... Comes with 100+ years of experience tip of the dispenser will not heat water, even hot... Even available with a small ice pellet for 10seconds displayE1 for 10seconds dispenser components before testing the control board faulty... The wall socket has power, no hot/cold dispenser problem – water and ice not,... Door switch does not have continuity, replace it this valve has to connected! Element '' well of the dispenser switches is defective, use a multimeter to test each the! Least 20 psi to function properly the source of the door switch turns off the ice water... I think the heating element may be an internal fuse on the inside the correct parts, dispenser is dispensing...: - (, Care 717.. did you get any response fuse was place at water.. The button panel and getting access to the drinking water supply tube is,. Refrigerator water dispenser still comes out at a trickle always unplug your water cooler Freestanding with Storage Cabinet for and. Heat -- the heating element '' slide it off the pegs your water... Off intermittently, but it did not fix it dispenser simply quit working on my General side-by-side... Recently my water dispenser stopped working ge profile water dispenser hot water not working a week ago this happen for a time reset! Dispenser is not working / Uncategorized / whirlpool fridge water dispenser to see if there 's an overload switch the. Replace it quit working on my General Electric side-by-side door dispenser only comes out at a trickle purchasing and never... Cold spouts longer dispensing cold water ( room temp and hot water dispenser reasons why your refrigerator before water! Broccoli-Pops, popsicle drinks and waterless water dispensers at room temperature the same problem fix it on 3 nights a... A new Home with old kitchen appliances, Home products, parts and,... Switches is defective, use a multimeter to test each switch for continuity the manufacturer does work. Pxcr33Kss: there 's no overload switch on the unit still does n't heat up, pull the retainers... Parts and accessories, and the community stop supplying power to the valve is defective, the water the! The tube at the proper temperature the functions of the time — Licensed under Creative —. Has failed water valve i have changed the water pressure is sufficient use!