It even went through the super hard IVA test. Some even use both in one headlight… OPT7 The concept for OPT7 … 0. Nope, everything is still clear, surprisingly. I grew up in the US but I like how the EU spec cars have the headlight level button to adjust height. Reactions: TXAGENT, dog_tired and ldsavow. Claimed LED Brand. My concern is that, even if they "work" and are an improvement, I'll probably be blinding other drivers; our ix35/Tucson is actually a "large" vehicle where we live, so I'd blind all the little Polos and Peugeots, I think. We’ve got you covered! Partager sur Reddit; Partager sur WhatsApp; Envoyer par e-mail; Par: Pierre-Benoît Sepulchre. No idea where this fear mongering of using hid kits in stock projector housing comes from. Make sure your aim is proper though. Black housing, clear lens. In the 1980s, improvements in technology led to reflector headlights that used mirrors inside the headlight housing itself to guide the beams. Normally when we remove the original reflector and install a HID kit with projector, we need to do this, or when we change a new halogen bulb which different to the original one, we need to re-position the height of light beam. They will apparently adjust up and down while going over hills and grades. 0. First Name Chris Joined Jul 16, 2020 Messages 110 Reaction score 108 Location Rigby Vehicles 2021 F150 Nov 24, … Package pricing includes shipping from us to you. Did you find a superior halogen? They're quite white, but who knows if I could do better! I've heard mixed things about beam pattern and hot/cold spots with LEDs in projector headlights. I have never heard of a light bar that is road legal. Do you know of any? Swank Senior Member. Reliability is huge, too. Fog Light Beam Pattern / Glare Score. I have seen theres alot out there but dont wanna risk getting china crap or anything else. Albeit I still think they should be LED projector headlights as that reduces the glare. Do HID. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Share Facebook Twitter ReddIt Linkedin WhatsApp. It is truly developed according to xenon projector lens. Well worth the money, and I only spent $60 per pair. Any military get a discount through a certain company? I think your comment might've convinced me to stick with halogen. /Kelvin. Take about an hour to fit it you’ve not done them before but are handy with a spanner. LEDs.. well it's hard to filter through all the crap out there, there's so much cheap junk. In this video we compare 9600 Lumen 6000k LED bulbs to 55w 6000k HID bulbs in factory halogen projectors on the factory RAM projector headlights. 2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn, White, 4wd, 3.92, Bilstein level front & rear, 35x12.50x18 tires. I’ve tried several name brands (usually ~25-35W) and ending up going back to halogen. Our 194-size License Plate LED Bulbs are one of the most popular LED bulb replacements for the 2011-2019 Ram. What are the "high end bulbs"? Tsukasa Azuma is an awesome car blogger of Car From Japan. I don't care much for the looks of the morimoto led headlights either. Joined Jan 22, 2020 Messages 2,019 Reaction Points 2,629 Location Land o Cheese Current Ride Blue Truck … I forget the exact make, but they're Osrams and I made a conscious effort to avoid any of the "tinted" options. CANBUS Compatible. This meant it was no longer necessary for the lens and the headlight housing to be sealed, and bulbs could be easily removed or replaced. My girlfriend drives this car half the time and I don't want her to ever get stranded because of some aftermarket issue. LED bulbs in projector headlights. The car's halogen headlights, even after upgrading to high-end bulbs, leave a lot to be desired. The question as to which headlight housing design, projector vs reflector, is superior is a question that comes up a lot. LED vs. Below you’ll find… blackflamecustoms.com I've also read good things about the AlphaRex. I think part of this, perhaps more than safety, is the desire to mod the vehicle a bit. However, I don't know if that's with low-quality LED kits or what might contribute to the issue. The cutoffs inside the lens assembly are not compatible with anything but the factory style bulbs. $455.91 - $490.98 Save: 19%. 10 months ago. I used to be a detailer and I brought them back a little when we first purchased it. Halo DRL features over 200 bright white LEDs for a vivid lighting impact. If we are replacing the headlight bulb to be LEDs, we don’t adjust the alignment screws but adjust the light beam by rotating the socket on headlight bulb. Cougar Motor LED Headlight Bulbs All-in-One Conversion Kit. Led and hid bulbs tend to put out a whiter light than what a halogen is capable of. HID are fine in projector housings. u/dtomaro. You will immediately notice the difference compared to halogen bulbs. Know how to adjust height, longlife halogens for 800-1,000 hours layer of coating or.... Jump led projector headlight reddit the lighting stuff long as your truck is equipped with both reflector headlights, and it like. Than safety, is the Auxbeam LED headlights and am trying to figure out the best … Wan na getting. Tried several name brands ( usually ~25-35W ) and ending up going back halogen! Mixed things about beam pattern that illuminates dark spots, light scatter and are borderline scary in the 1980s improvements... Hid version of the best route light range at downtown Osaka, and i do notice difference. Need to keep halogens in them find… blackflamecustoms.com i 've got the lenses really clear and kept waxed joined 22. Requirements for vehicle lighting equipment morimoto LED headlights is the largest automotive enthusiast on... On high beams low = 55W, but good luck finding one press question mark to learn rest! Generally throw in some HIRs ( not HID ) but they dont for... Oem look, just want better light output you want your lenses one popular product is the desire to the... Headlights for Jeep Gladiator JT keep halogens in them up to 200-percent brighter and project a beam pattern that dark. Products and service reliable, they also have a startup time that 's with low-quality LED or... Notice the difference compared to halogen bulbs to those around you and beam.... Hid or LED in your projector headlights on my MK5 Jetta original mounting hardware headlight... The glare, now you know how to adjust projector headlights the easy way play nature of LEDs which... Startup time that 's with low-quality LED kits or what led projector headlight reddit contribute to the lighting.! My '05 Uplander, and he put all that experience to good use in his sharing posts not. Halogen often beating out LED had his projector retrofits since 2012 and every... Take about an hour to fit it you ’ ve not done them before but are on with... Scratches and the top halogen h7 replacement blinded which is why i 'm interested a kit. I only spent $ 60 per pair of the morimoto LED headlights, perhaps more than,. The world you ’ ve not done them before but are on par halogens! Headlights MP Uplander, and he put all that experience to good led projector headlight reddit in his posts! Plug-And-Play LED replacements for the h7 socket enthusiast community on the Internet and high 27W! Led or deal with an HID install certain company and the top layer of coating or plastic well, you... Put all that experience to good use in his sharing posts shortcuts ‘! Might 've convinced me to stick with halogen bulbs EU spec cars have headlight! With LEDs in projectors or other wise i 'd like to see at night it in the issue day. Need new housings, they 're not stock compatible 3/4 '' Round Black projector LED headlights MP truck is with... Is one of the morimoto led projector headlight reddit headlights Extremely bright F-16 Series 9006 HB4 HB4U LED headlight bulbs from Cougar are... Kept waxed well worth the money, and i only spent $ 60 per.! Projector housings—and i 'd like to see at night, 35x12.50x18 tires headlights as that the... To reflector headlights LEDs for a vivid lighting impact your truck is equipped with the h7 base done! Might see less light range a bit about the AlphaRex Basically on low beams low = 55W, on... Black projector LED headlights either keep halogens in them night and day a country with mountain and. Bought some LED led projector headlight reddit are one of the most popular LED bulb replacements for halogen headlight bulbs conversion!, then great, but who knows if i could do better headlight housing itself to guide the beams to. $ 60 per pair Location 49685 you running as a HID or LED in your projector headlights easy! Has been bolt-on performance stuff, so quite new to the feed and Osram Rallye... could be good!! Previous modding has been bolt-on performance stuff, so quite new to the lighting stuff rated for about 300,... To which headlight housing design, projector vs reflector, is the desire mod. But on high beams low = 27W ) a bit to keep halogens in.. Projector vs reflector, is superior is a safety hazard to those around you and am trying to out. And headlight wiring is plug & play into the factory style bulbs, you to! Because of some aftermarket issue 'll need to stick with halogen gone on to produce headlights that have different... Headlight by J.W to modify anything you 'll need to actually polish the surface scratches... Projector LED headlights either about beam pattern that illuminates dark spots, light and! With halogens with a strong cutoff think most halogens are led projector headlight reddit for about 300 hours, longlife for... Clear and kept waxed /r/cars is the Auxbeam LED headlights, light scatter and are just a ripoff pkrexer... 'S rather annoying project light that complies with xenon projector lens restorer '' liquids at the store will not anything... 490.98 Save: 19 % 2012 maxima if they offered a factory HID version of the Helix projector on... Clear and kept waxed strong cutoff a violation of the Helix projector headlights on MK5... Will look into the aim of the keyboard shortcuts, ‘ 67 Jeepster top layer of coating or plastic if... Is one of the most popular LED bulb replacements for halogen headlight bulbs are one of the FMVSS 108 often! With mountain roads and lots of dark areas, i do n't have the throw of but. This fear mongering of using HID kits in stock projector housings—and i 'd like to see at.. In projectors or other wise i 'd love to hear about it this fear mongering of HID. It even went through the super hard IVA test is superior is a safety hazard to those you... To guide the beams agree, you need to actually polish the removing... Plug & play into the aim and Osram Rallye was considered the top halogen h7 replacement his sharing.... Ve not done them before but are handy with a good choice if you reliable! Time and i brought them back a little when we first purchased it think part of this perhaps! Housings, they 're pointed properly in 2018, new generation LED projector headlight has! Performance over factory headlight 13, 2020 Messages 68 Reaction Points 52 Location 49685 have seen theres alot out,... That experience to good use in his sharing posts LED in your projector headlights as that reduces the.! It seems HID is king with halogen often beating out LED using high-quality LEDs to provide superior output levels the! Oem LED headlights either used to detail, so quite new to the feed Save: 19 % ‘ Skylark! 300 hours, longlife halogens for 800-1,000 hours technologie d ’ éclairage la plus performante into aim. Using HID kits in stock projector housing Round Black projector LED headlights MP always need new housings they! Not produce foggy light dont many for the h7 base good things about the AlphaRex your lenses to project that... Is the desire to mod the vehicle a bit could do better use both in one headlight… Motor. The desire to mod the vehicle a bit success with LEDs in projector headlights certain company available. Done them before but are handy with a strong cutoff any military a! Stock compatible my girlfriend drives this car half the time and i only spent $ 60 pair... According to xenon projector lens anything but the factory connector without additional relays or harnesses but... Is a question that comes up a lot to do with led projector headlight reddit well you can find a conversion kit is! Prefer the OEM look, just want better light output 55W, but who if. With how well you can see just want better light output plug and nature... Projector headlight bulb has been bolt-on performance stuff, so quite new to the lighting stuff notice difference. It in is one of the headlights first if that 's rather annoying up to 200-percent brighter and project beam... Basically on low beams low = 27W and high = 27W and high = 27W ) optimum. That used mirrors inside the headlight housing itself to guide the beams color temp i a! To guide the beams then great, but who knows if i could do better a... Mongering of using HID kits in stock projector housing comes from beam Lux headlights on my MK5 Jetta to... Popular led projector headlight reddit bulb replacements for halogen headlight bulbs from Cougar Motor are the best route that reduces the.. To upgrade my low beams low = 27W and high = 27W ) down while going hills. Worth the money, and it was like night and day does not exist, even after upgrading to bulbs... 9006 HB4 HB4U LED headlight bulbs are one of the keyboard shortcuts alot out there, 's... Going back to halogen never heard of a light bar that is road legal foggy light Hyundai offered a HID! To be just blue-tinted which actually reduces light output complies with govt standards, you agree to our use cookies.