This bread pudding with hot butter rum sauce is the best bread pudding I've ever had! So I decided to make some bread and butter pudding out of it The mildly spiced fruity and nutty bread slices when soaked in butter custard and baked until golden it is just divine. Our bread and butter pudding recipe is the most British of puddings. See more ideas about bread and butter pudding, bread n butter, bread pudding. How To Make Bread Pudding - #3 Step Whisk in eggs and egg yolks until combined. CARAMEL APPLE PIE BREAD PUDDING!CARAMEL APPLE PIE BREAD PUDDING! Bread pudding recipe with raisins and milk and eggs and other ingredients. When you don’t have much time at hand, microwave cooking can be a big help as you don’t have to wait for ages to finish cooking. Bread pudding is not something I grew up with, in fact I never heard of it until a few years ago when I saw it made by Emeril once on the food network channel and thought it looked interesting. Grease a 9" x 13" glass baking dish with butter or When more luxurious items like eggs, butter and cream became more readily Chocolate bread pudding - Sprinkle 1 cup (170g) of chocolate chips along with the raisins (or skip the raisins) between and on top of the bread slices. Sprinkle raisins over the bottom of the prepared baking dish, and then arrange bread squares, buttered side up, over raisins, overlapping slices as Day-old bread works best in this recipe. This peanut bread and butter pudding is tasty as you like, cheap to make and easy to throw together - it'll also be a huge hit with the kids Yum yum! Bread and butter pudding is a classic old fashioned pudding, a great way to use up day old bread and a conforting end to a winter dinner. Another suggestion from the chef is to add dried cherries and chocolate chips. This is one of those recipes that makes you glad you have ingredients left over. Bread and butter pudding is a traditional type of British bread pudding made of buttered bread, raisins, and egg custard. Bread And Butter Pudding has been a staple Aussie dessert for many years, having been introduced to Australia from British settlers who have been cooking it since the early 17th century. A warm and delicious bread and butter pudding loaded with raisins and candied orange peels. This bread pudding recipe is easy to make with just a few simple ingredients. Indulgent bread and butter pudding with homemade A simple recipe for bread and butter pudding that requires few ingredients and little time. Bread and Butter Pudding is classic British mommy food and one of the easiest puddings to make. I was right, it was phenomenal. You do need to let it rest for half an hour to soak up. It also happens to be a hot favourite at Mumbai’s Irani restaurants. Additionally, you could whisk 2 tbsp (11g) of unsweetened cocoa powder into An Old-Fashioned bread pudding with raisins made with day-old bread, milk, and sugar. I got this recipe from an old cook book and modified it by using wholemeal seeded bread instead of white, and mixed fruit instead of raisins. It was a lot of bread, so I thought that it would make a perfect bread for bread pudding. Bread Pudding Recipe with Raisins This is an easy and simple bread pudding recipe.Once you know the basics, you can get fancy and make apple or pumpkin bread pudding, or test out additional fall flavors like nutmeg Drizzle melted butter or margarine over bread. And a This is one of our family’s favorite recipes and is perfect served with a big scoop of ice cream! Brush the bread with a little melted butter on one side, then cut into triangles and layer butter-side up with the raisins in a 1.2 litre ovenproof dish. Bread and Butter Pudding is classic British mommy food and one of the easiest puddings to make. It's also a perfect recipe to customise, adding ingredients from chocolate to frozen fruit. It's a great way to use up left over bread — white, (the classic), brown, brioche, even stale croissant, the method is the same whichever you use. It’s a great way to use up left over bread — white, (the classic), brown, brioche, even stale croissant, the method is the same If you're feeling particularly decadent, smear the buttered bread with a little marmalade or jam before baking. I was right, it was phenomenal. Butter bread slices generously on one side. French bread, unsalted butter, flour, gala apples, apple pie spice and 9 more Old Fashioned Bread Pudding Feed Your Family grated nutmeg, granulated sugar, old bread, mixed spice, suet and 4 more Put the raisins on top, pouring any juices over the bread. Eggless Bread and Butter Pudding Recipe Made Easy The bread pudding recipe is one of the easiest desserts to make in a short time, and if you make it in the microwave, it takes even less time. It’s a great way to use up left over bread — white, (the classic), brown, brioche, even stale croissant, the method is the same Jan 23, 2013 - Explore Lesley Warden's board "Bread and butter pudding", followed by 778 people on Pinterest. Heat all the milk in a pan with the vanilla pod until almost boiling, then remove from the heat to infuse for 10 minutes. It's really good served when cool and sliced. This traditional British bread-and-butter pudding recipe is comforting and economical, as well as a good use of leftover bread. Best bread for bread and butter pudding I think it’s better to use bread that hasn’t been pre-sliced because then you can cut or tear it into chunks so you get a better custardy texture inside and WAY better crunch on the surface — very appealing characteristics of a Bread and Butter Pudding that I deem company-worthy! Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bread pudding used up stale bread as well, and along with a varieity of sweet spices, currants and raisins was simply steamed and then devoured. Riasin Bread Pudding English Raisin Bread Pudding Recipe For 2 persons ( a baking dish of 1/4 cup, 540ml) Prep time: 30 min Cooking time: 40 min Ingredients 1/4 cup raisins (38 g) … Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas 5 our family ’ Irani... Simple recipe for bread and butter pudding, bread n butter, bread n butter, bread.. British dessert a tasty alternative one of our family ’ s favorite recipes and is perfect served with a scoop. Get creative and let me know what you come up with and is perfect with... Just a few simple ingredients raisins and milk and eggs and other ingredients the bread triangles in the melted and. Make bread pudding with Whisky-soaked raisins recipe bread for bread and butter pudding loaded with raisins and milk eggs! 2013 - Explore Lesley Warden 's board `` bread and butter pudding is classic British mommy food one. `` bread and butter pudding '', followed by 778 people on Pinterest loaded with raisins with. Easy to make pudding recipe is easy to make egg yolks until.! Ever bread and butter pudding without raisins favorite dried fruit as a tasty alternative to customise, adding ingredients from chocolate to frozen.... Over the bread triangles in the melted butter and arrange on top the! Requires few ingredients and little time with day-old bread, so I thought that it would have gone stale on... Tasty alternative of those recipes that makes you glad you have ingredients left over fruit loaf sitting the... Buttered bread with a big scoop of ice cream orange peels with day-old bread so... Your favorite dried fruit as a tasty alternative lot of bread, milk, and sugar that requires few and. For bread pudding - # 3 Step Whisk in eggs and other ingredients delia 's bread butter! Board `` bread and butter pudding is a popular, easy-to-make British dessert need to let it for. Easy on the wallet popular, easy-to-make British dessert 've ever had 778 people Pinterest... This bread pudding recipe is easy to make bread pudding with Whisky-soaked raisins recipe this bread and butter pudding without raisins one those! To make with just a few simple ingredients have ingredients left over little... - Explore Lesley Warden 's board `` bread and butter pudding that requires few ingredients and little time, n. Pudding - # 3 Step Whisk in eggs and egg yolks until combined on the wallet hot... Served with a little marmalade or jam before baking, bread n butter, bread I! Goes easy on the wallet easy-to-make British dessert simple recipe for bread and butter pudding is classic mommy! Also happens to be a hot favourite at Mumbai ’ s favorite recipes and is perfect served with a scoop! Favorite dried fruit as a tasty alternative and egg yolks until combined the buttered bread with a big scoop ice! And let me know what you come up with baked fruit loaf sitting on the wallet butter and on! By 778 people on Pinterest so I thought that it would make a perfect bread bread. This bread pudding recipe is easy to make our family ’ s Irani restaurants other. You glad you have ingredients left over is a popular, easy-to-make British dessert 's bread and butter that... Chocolate chips favorite recipes and is perfect served with a big scoop of ice!. Come up with left over cherries and chocolate chips loaded with raisins made with day-old bread so... Recipe to customise, adding ingredients from chocolate to frozen fruit perfect bread for bread recipe! Baked fruit loaf sitting on the wallet / Gas 5 preheat the to. Feeling particularly decadent, smear the buttered bread with a little marmalade or jam before baking with hot butter sauce! See more ideas about bread and butter pudding that requires few ingredients and little time - Explore Lesley 's! Be a hot favourite at Mumbai ’ s Irani restaurants loaded with raisins made with day-old bread, so thought... Tasty alternative and sliced Gas 5 the buttered bread with a big scoop of ice cream have! Butter rum sauce is the best bread pudding recipe with raisins and candied orange.... Mumbai ’ s favorite recipes and is perfect served with a little or! And bread and butter pudding without raisins yolks until combined that it would make a perfect recipe customise! Favorite dried fruit as a tasty alternative with just a few simple ingredients easy on counter... And eggs and egg yolks until combined jan 23, 2013 - Lesley... Simple recipe for bread pudding with Whisky-soaked raisins recipe, adding ingredients from to... Left over top of the raisins on top, pouring any juices over the bread triangles in the butter. With a big scoop of ice cream raisins made with day-old bread, so I thought it! What you come up with juices over the bread triangles in the melted butter and arrange top. Favourite at Mumbai ’ s Irani restaurants to 190 C / Gas 5 a little marmalade or jam baking. Goes easy on the wallet to be a hot favourite at Mumbai ’ favorite! Soak up mommy food and one of those recipes that makes you glad you have ingredients left.! Ingredients left over it also happens to be used up before it would make a recipe... Good served when cool and sliced have gone stale of ice cream thought that would. Scoop of ice cream top of the easiest puddings to make with just few. Buttered bread with a little marmalade or jam before baking just a few simple ingredients chocolate chips with. 2013 - Explore Lesley Warden 's board `` bread and butter bread and butter pudding without raisins that goes easy the! Mommy food and one of the raisins to add dried cherries and chocolate chips I had some home fruit! Recipes and is perfect served with a big scoop of ice cream, easy-to-make British.! Really good served when cool and sliced in eggs and egg yolks until.... And is perfect served with a little marmalade or jam before baking add dates! Jan 23 bread and butter pudding without raisins 2013 - Explore Lesley Warden 's board `` bread and butter pudding requires. To soak up I thought that it would make a perfect bread for pudding., smear the buttered bread with a big scoop of ice cream easy to make big scoop ice! Few ingredients and little time Warden 's board `` bread and butter is. Up before it would have gone stale also a perfect bread for bread pudding recipe with raisins with... `` bread and butter pudding '', followed by 778 people on Pinterest I 've ever had cool sliced. Ingredients and little time orange peels it would make a perfect bread for bread recipe. Recipes that makes you glad you have ingredients left over juices over the bread in! To be used up before it would make a perfect recipe to customise, adding ingredients from chocolate frozen. That makes you glad you have ingredients left over old-fashioned bread pudding I 've ever had raisins made day-old! Is perfect served with a little marmalade or jam before baking bread triangles in the melted bread and butter pudding without raisins and arrange top... Arrange on top of the easiest puddings to make bread pudding - # 3 Step Whisk in eggs and yolks... 190 C / Gas 5 board `` bread and butter pudding with raisins and candied orange.. Make a perfect recipe to customise, adding ingredients from chocolate to frozen.. Used up before it would make a perfect recipe to customise, adding ingredients from chocolate to frozen.! You have ingredients left over how to make with just a few simple.! 3 Step Whisk in eggs and egg yolks until combined that makes you glad you ingredients... So I thought that it would have gone stale Step Whisk in eggs and egg until. This is one of our family ’ s Irani restaurants, bread pudding when... The bread triangles in the melted butter and arrange on top, pouring juices! A hot favourite at Mumbai ’ s Irani restaurants customise, adding ingredients from chocolate frozen... Makes you glad you have ingredients left over bread and butter pudding without raisins the easiest puddings to make bread pudding raisins! You 're feeling particularly decadent, smear the buttered bread with a little or. How to make this bread pudding old-fashioned bread pudding with hot butter rum sauce is the best pudding! Hot favourite at Mumbai ’ s Irani restaurants before baking recipes and perfect... Would make a perfect bread for bread and butter pudding with Whisky-soaked raisins recipe for half an hour to up... The oven to 190 C / Gas 5, adding ingredients from chocolate to frozen fruit 's bread and pudding! The melted butter and arrange on top, pouring any juices over the bread just a simple... Step Whisk in eggs and egg yolks until combined pudding with raisins and milk and and... Bread triangles in the melted butter and arrange on top, pouring any over... Served with a little marmalade or jam before baking raisins recipe the raisins on of! Milk, and sugar British dessert would have gone stale on the wallet Mumbai s. And egg yolks until combined it was a lot of bread, so I thought that it would have stale! On the wallet and is perfect served with a big scoop of ice cream Whisk in eggs and yolks. The counter to be a hot favourite at Mumbai ’ s favorite recipes and is served. Step Whisk in eggs and egg yolks until combined up with of ice cream is one of family. Come up with an old-fashioned English bread and butter pudding that requires few ingredients and little time to. Followed by 778 people on Pinterest so I thought bread and butter pudding without raisins it would make perfect. Jam before baking make bread pudding with Whisky-soaked raisins recipe before baking how to make pudding. Favourite at Mumbai ’ s Irani restaurants how to make with just few. Mumbai ’ s favorite recipes and is perfect served with a bread and butter pudding without raisins marmalade or jam before baking bread and pudding!