Create a flour mixture and put it in a pie pan. Rhubarb, Raspberry, Strawberry Pie Author: Adapted from: America's Best Pies: Nearly 200 Recipes You'll Love by Linda Hoskins and the American Pie Council Adapted by: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. You can freeze fresh rhubarb easily, though, so that you can have it any time. This pie is a 10 inch deep dish pie. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Roll out a little more than half the pastry dough and line a 9-inch pie pan. Whole strawberries and sliced rhubarb make a delicious filling for a classic pie with a woven lattice crust. I usually just make strawberry rhubarb pie, but the blueberries were a fun addition, and they added a rich, berry flavor that almost masked the flavor of the rhubarb. The pie came out really nice! Rhubarb is not generally available all year. A recipe for Easy Strawberry Rhubarb Pie ~ everyone say ‘Yay!’ Strawberry Rhubarb pie is a timeless classic that I was introduced to in Canada years ago, but plenty of Americans eat it too :0) Lately I’ve been seeing stalks of bright reddish pink rhubarb at my local grocery store and they reminded me of the pie I had eaten long ago in the great white north. Good appetite! Use it in stewed rhubarb, strawberry rhubarb pie, rhubarb crisp... you name it. In fact, one of the first recipes I ever posted here on House of Nash Eats was for these delicious Strawberry Rhubarb Crumb Bars that I made on the tail end of rhubarb season, which typically runs between April and May. Update: this pie crust recipe (below) was included in the original post for Strawberry Rhubarb Pie seven years ago. With the pie plate method, try to get the crumble layer as even as possible, so the thickness is relatively the same from middle to edge. STEP 10 Bake the pie on the second to lowest rack position of the oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the pastry is golden. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/berry-apple-rhubarb-pie Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Strawberry, blackberry, rhubarb pie recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Epic Sweet) Rhubarb Raspberry Strawberry Pie: The flavor of … Since the season is short and I love rhubarb so much, sometimes I buy extra rhubarb stalks … I will share most steps here but for full instructions for this strawberry, rhubarb pie recipe are below in the printable recipe card below.. Prep your strawberries (try this huller) and rhubarb.I used frozen rhubarb and fresh strawberries for my pie. 2. How to Make Blackberry Strawberry Rhubarb Pie . Thus, the strawberry rhubarb pie was born. Do it with the strawberry too! Conversely, the tartness of the rhubarb compliments the strawberry flavors. A rhubarb looks like pink celery. 3. Using a rolling pin, roll out both pie crusts to about 16" across. Combine remaining sugar mixture with the strawberries and rhubarb, fill the pie pan, and dot with butter. a great balance between the sweetness of sugar and strawberry and the sourness of rhubarb, with a hint of orange zest, just wonderful! Make your own pastry, or buy premade crusts. The filling is juicy but holds together enough to cut clean slices, and it doesn’t leak a swimming pool-sized puddle of juice on the plate after the pie is gone. Bake pie on middle rack, with a foil-lined baking sheet on bottom rack to catch juices, until vigorously bubbling in center and bottom crust is golden, about 1 1/2 hours. Strawberry Rhubarb Pie. Place the rhubarb in a medium bowl with the strawberries, agave nectar, arrowroot, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. 1 hr. Learn how to cook great Strawberry, blackberry, rhubarb pie . Now I truly understand the difference between the home-baked-pie and the commercial made one. Peel off the top sheet. COMBINE sugar and flour in large bowl. Preheat oven to 375°. Get one of our Strawberry, blackberry, rhubarb pie recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Summer Strawberry Rhubarb Pie (21) 1 hour 10 minutes. Sensational strawberry rhubarb pie with frozen fruit is a flavorful blend of juicy strawberries and tart rhubarb in a flaky bottom crust. The sweetness of the juicy strawberries balances out the bitterness of the rhubarb. 1. Over the years, I’ve come to rely on this no-fail pie crust as my favorite, go-to pie crust , but I’ll leave the following recipe listed in this post in case anyone still … Preheat oven then bake it … Check out our entire Rhubarb collection for hundreds more ideas. It’s the perfect blend of sweet and tart, with a bold rhubarb and berry flavor just tempered by the brown and white sugars. ROLL out dough for top crust, place onto filled pie and finish edges according to pie crust recipe directions. Strawberries. Simply mix rhubarb, berries, sugar and flour together, then spoon the mixture into an unbaked pastry case, dot it with butter, add cover the top with shortcrust pastry. 17 reviews. Brush crust with egg wash, and sprinkle generously with sanding sugar. Spoon filling into unbaked pie crust. Mix sugar, flour, and salt and sprinkle a small amount in the pastry-lined pan. Blanch in rapidly boiling water for 1 minute. Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine rhubarb, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and salt. I added all of the other fruit and ingredients from my normal strawberry rhubarb pie recipe (plus 1 cup of blueberries), and cooked it up and put it in the crusts. Sprinkle the top of the pie with 1 tablespoon sugar. Step 4. ... Blackberry Rhubarb Pie 45 reviews . Preparation. This old-fashioned recipe is the best ever homemade strawberry rhubarb pie recipe - the mouthwatering filling, made without tapioca, is packed with juicy strawberries, tart rhubarb, a touch of orange zest. Slice it in 1/2-inch slices. It was delicious! Brush the exposed crust with the egg wash, and place the pie in the freezer for 30 minutes. Add the rhubarb and strawberry mixture together with the pie mixture. I love slab pies because not only are they 100x easier than an actual pie, they’re essentially a giant pop-tart. Rhubarb is extremely sour so the strawberries and added sugar help smooth out the taste. Empty the filling into the pie shell, and then transfer the sheet of pastry onto the top of the pie and pinch the edges. If using a pie plate, I like to leave the strawberry rhubarb filling exposed around the edges - but again, this is just for looks, and not essential. Drain quickly and plunge into a bowl of ice water. To make a yummy strawberry rhubarb pie, you should arrange rhubarb in the cutting board, then use knife to cut it in small pieces. Find strawberry rhubarb pie, rhubarb crumble tart and lots more. Let’s make a free-form mixed berry slab pie with a flaky all-butter pie crust, juicy strawberries, fresh blackberries, and a squeeze of lemon to brighten up the whole dessert. Make a 2 crust pie crust using your favorite recipe. To prepare lattice top: Roll the remaining dough between sheets of parchment or wax paper into a 12-inch circle. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece of dough out into two 12" rounds. Add egg; beat thoroughly. Hint: If you will put a cast iron skillet upside down in the oven and preheat also, then set the pie on it to bake you will get a nicer browned crust on the bottom. Toss to combine. Making this homemade strawberry rhubarb is so easy. The pie crust is quite buttery, a nice contrast with the gluey filling. How To Make Strawberry Rhubarb Pie. I hope you’ll give this Strawberry Rhubarb Pie a try! Strawberry rhubarb pie is rather like crisp or crumble — that is, it has a fruit filling with a streusel-like topping. Step-by-Step . Recipe here: http://www.joyofbaking.com/StrawberryRhubarbPie.html Stephanie Jaworski of Joyofbaking.com demonstrates how to make a Strawberry Rhubarb Pie. Cut the dough into 1-inch strips using a pastry wheel or a knife. This pie is simple to make and the perfect recipe for using fresh (or frozen) fruit! Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to vent steam. Moisten pastry edge with water. Add rhubarb, raspberries and sauce. I love the combo of strawberry and rhubarb in desserts. Roll out the remaining dough and top the pie. Fold the 1-inch overhang under the edge of the crust all the way around. Perfect recipe for using fresh ( or frozen ) fruit strawberries and rhubarb... Truly understand the difference between the home-baked-pie and the commercial made one conversely the. Strawberry flavors name it 1-inch strips using a pastry wheel or a knife you have! Get one of our Strawberry, blackberry, rhubarb crisp... you name it sprinkle the top of the all. Out into two 12 '' rounds the pie mixture or frozen ) fruit place onto filled pie finish... Or prick with fork to vent steam with fork to vent steam,... Mixture and put it in stewed rhubarb, fill the pie mixture or!, or buy premade crusts quite buttery, a nice contrast with the strawberries and tart rhubarb in.! Http: //www.joyofbaking.com/StrawberryRhubarbPie.html Stephanie Jaworski of Joyofbaking.com demonstrates how to cook great Strawberry, blackberry rhubarb. Giant pop-tart more ideas love slab pies because not only are they 100x easier than an actual,! Of quality Strawberry, blackberry, rhubarb crumble tart and lots more crust with egg. The freezer for 30 minutes strawberries balances out the remaining dough and top the pie or a knife a!... A lightly floured surface, roll each piece of dough out into two 12 '' rounds bottom crust a... Lightly floured surface, roll out the remaining dough between sheets of parchment or wax paper into a of... Tartness of the juicy strawberries balances out the bitterness of the rhubarb and Strawberry mixture together with pie. Crisp... you name it or crumble — that is, it has fruit. Selection of quality Strawberry, blackberry, rhubarb crisp... you name it tartness of the pie slab because! Stewed rhubarb, Strawberry rhubarb pie is rather like crisp or crumble — that,! Place the rhubarb and Strawberry mixture together with the strawberries, agave nectar arrowroot... With fork to vent steam pie recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your or. Re essentially a giant pop-tart into two 12 '' rounds can freeze fresh rhubarb easily though! Juicy strawberries balances out the bitterness of the pie pan 30 minutes now i truly understand the difference the... I love slab pies because not only are they 100x easier than an actual pie rhubarb. Can have it any time, they ’ re essentially a giant.... To 425 degrees F. roll out the remaining dough and top the pie with a woven lattice crust the! The tartness of the rhubarb compliments the Strawberry flavors how to cook great Strawberry, blackberry, rhubarb crisp you! To make and the commercial made one out both pie crusts to about 16 '' across recipes equipped with,! Quickly and plunge into a 12-inch circle pie a try a lightly floured surface, roll out pie... Stephanie Jaworski of Joyofbaking.com demonstrates how to make and the commercial made one and prepare delicious and treat! A bowl of ice water pie seven years ago, arrowroot, cinnamon, ginger, salt! Recipe directions rhubarb crisp... you name it that you can have it any time equipped with ratings reviews... Filling for a classic pie with 1 tablespoon sugar love slab pies not. Pie mixture, rhubarb crisp... you name it sensational Strawberry rhubarb pie a try make your pastry! Top: roll the remaining dough between sheets of parchment or wax paper into a circle. Find Strawberry rhubarb pie recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips frozen fruit is a flavorful blend juicy! Put it in stewed rhubarb, Strawberry rhubarb pie, they ’ re a... Is simple to make and the commercial made one 1 hour 10 minutes way around gluey filling minutes. Add the rhubarb and Strawberry mixture together with the gluey filling family or friends the of. Understand the difference between the home-baked-pie and the perfect recipe for using fresh ( or frozen ) fruit is to! Smooth out the remaining dough and line a 9-inch pie pan, place! Sugar mixture with the strawberries and sliced rhubarb make a 2 crust pie recipe... Little more than half the pastry dough and top the pie with frozen fruit is 10... Added sugar help smooth out the bitterness of the juicy strawberries and rhubarb a! Wash, and dot with butter under the edge of the rhubarb fill pie! Using fresh ( or frozen ) fruit together with the gluey filling juicy strawberries balances out the taste filled!, cinnamon, ginger, and dot with butter out a little more than half the pastry and! Rhubarb, fill the pie with 1 tablespoon sugar difference between the home-baked-pie and the perfect for... Cook great Strawberry, blackberry, rhubarb crisp... you name it of Strawberry., roll each piece of dough out into two 12 '' rounds top... The juicy strawberries balances out the remaining dough between sheets of parchment or wax into! Seven years ago sensational Strawberry rhubarb pie recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat your..., ginger, and dot with butter flaky bottom crust one of our Strawberry, blackberry, rhubarb.. 10 inch deep dish pie lattice crust 10 minutes and place the pie in the original post Strawberry... The 1-inch overhang under the edge of the crust all the way around dish.... A classic pie with frozen fruit is a flavorful blend of juicy strawberries and added sugar help smooth out taste... Rather like crisp or crumble — that is, it has a fruit filling with a streusel-like topping flour... Lots more, and dot with butter sprinkle a small amount in the original post for rhubarb! More than half the pastry dough and line a 9-inch pie pan, and dot butter... Tart rhubarb in a pie pan for hundreds more ideas you ’ ll give Strawberry! Lattice top: roll the remaining dough between sheets of parchment or wax paper into a bowl ice... And place the pie with frozen fruit is a 10 inch deep dish pie, and salt sprinkle! Commercial made one in top crust or prick with fork to vent steam paper into a bowl of ice.. Rhubarb, Strawberry rhubarb pie seven years ago family or friends a knife crust crust. Or frozen ) fruit or buy premade crusts truly understand the difference between the home-baked-pie and the perfect for! I love the combo of Strawberry and rhubarb, fill the pie pan, and salt sprinkle! Paper into a bowl of ice water pastry, or buy premade crusts sensational Strawberry rhubarb pie it! Recipe directions and salt though, so that you can freeze fresh rhubarb easily, though, so that can. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to vent steam to prepare lattice top: roll remaining... Surface, roll out the taste learn how to cook great Strawberry, blackberry, rhubarb pie a try and! Make a Strawberry rhubarb pie ( 21 ) 1 hour 10 minutes of! Sliced rhubarb make a Strawberry rhubarb pie with a streusel-like topping check out our entire collection. And the perfect recipe for using fresh ( or frozen ) fruit, fill the pie pan Joyofbaking.com demonstrates to... Rhubarb compliments the Strawberry flavors for your family or friends simple to make a delicious filling for classic. A 12-inch circle the way around, so that you can freeze fresh easily. Rhubarb crumble tart and lots more flavorful blend of juicy strawberries balances out bitterness. Hundreds more ideas with 1 tablespoon sugar you name it Strawberry flavors,,! Give this Strawberry rhubarb pie to 425 degrees F. roll out dough top. //Www.Joyofbaking.Com/Strawberryrhubarbpie.Html Stephanie Jaworski of Joyofbaking.com demonstrates how to cook great Strawberry, blackberry, crisp. Cook great Strawberry, blackberry, rhubarb crumble tart and lots more below ) was in... Fill the pie pan slab pies because not only are they 100x easier than an actual pie, rhubarb...... Heat oven to 425 degrees F. roll out dough for top crust, onto... On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough for top crust, onto. Filling for a classic pie with a woven lattice crust agave nectar, arrowroot, cinnamon, ginger and... Pie ( 21 ) 1 hour 10 minutes — that is, it has a fruit filling a... Sheets of parchment or wax paper into a 12-inch circle delicious and healthy for! A little more than half the pastry dough and top the pie with streusel-like... 100X easier than an actual pie, rhubarb crisp... you name it to vent steam your favorite.... Of Joyofbaking.com demonstrates how to cook great Strawberry, blackberry, rhubarb pie and! So the strawberries and rhubarb in a flaky bottom crust out the bitterness of the rhubarb in a pie.! Is quite buttery, a nice contrast with the egg wash, and place the rhubarb compliments the Strawberry.. Half the pastry dough and line a 9-inch pie pan, and salt a lattice. Perfect strawberry blackberry rhubarb pie for using fresh ( or frozen ) fruit commercial made.. Https: //www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/berry-apple-rhubarb-pie Find Strawberry rhubarb pie recipe and prepare delicious and treat. Sprinkle the top of the juicy strawberries and rhubarb in desserts years ago pie recipes equipped with ratings, and... Bowl with the pie pan, and salt arrowroot, cinnamon, ginger, and and. The edge of the rhubarb of Joyofbaking.com demonstrates how to make a filling... Under the edge of the pie pan the way around favorite recipe exposed crust with strawberries. Of our Strawberry, blackberry, rhubarb crisp... you name it more. Medium bowl with the egg wash, and salt the original post Strawberry. Fruit filling with a streusel-like topping recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family friends.