The trigger pull is incredibly more than the force i am exerting to set the trigger. Your shotgun I imported from Brazil. Finish/StockAA-Grade Gloss WalnutGauge12 Gauge, 20-gaugeChambered for2-3/4” and 3”Barrel Length 30”Overall Length47”Weight 8.85 lbs, 7.3 lbs, Finish/StockFinish/Stock: A-Grade Satin WalnutGauge12 & 20, 28, 410-gaugeChambered for 2-3/4” and 3”, 2-1/2” and 3”Barrel Length 26” or 28”Overall Length42” or 44”Weight 7.4 lbs / 7 lbs, 6.8 or 6.9 lbs, 6.0 lbs, Finish/StockAA-Grade Gloss WalnutGauge12, 20-gaugeChambered for 2-3/4” and 3”Barrel Length 26”, 28”Overall Length42”, 44”Weight 7.3 lbs, 7.4 lbs, 6.8 lbs, 6.9 lbs, Finish/StockPolished Nickel, Black-finished Walnut, A-Grade Satin WalnutGauge12-gaugeChambered for  2-3/4” and 3”Barrel Length 20”Overall Length36”Weight  7.0 lbs, Finish/StockA-Grade Satin WalnutGauge12-gaugeChambered for 2-3/4” and 3”Barrel Length 30”Overall Length46”Weight  8.1 lbs, Finish/StockBlack-finished Walnut, Over and UnderGauge12-gaugeChambered for2-3/4” and 3”Barrel Length 20”Overall Length36.5”Weight 7.1 lbsType of SightFiber-optic front sight, Finish/StockA-Grade Satin WalnutGauge20​, .410-gaugeChambered for2-3/4” and 3”,  2-1/2” and 3”Barrel Length 22”Overall Length36.5”Weight  6.9 lbs. Stoeger is the manufacturer of great shotguns with a traditional break in action generally opened by a depressing kind of lever. If you spend less than a grand on an O/U you are asking for trouble. Stoeger shotguns are competitively priced for the type of gun you get compared to the price you’re paying. Stoeger Condor Youth 410 Shotgun 22" Barrels. Email me if you would like … Are you having light primer strikes? on several occasions it has failed to fire leaving a slight dent in the primer. Select firearms are now able to be ordered online and shipped to your local Cabela's! While I would never turn down a super fancy high-end shotgun if it was given to me, I’d much rather spend my money on a plain gun that will be a good friend.”, You may hear that shotguns such as this one are slow, but that’s not entirely true according to a Gunivore expert named Sam. It includes all the advantages of over as well as the under shotguns that one can ever think of. Here is some more info on your problem Stoeger. There are good and bad points to this. Just because these double-barrel shotguns have been almost completely phased out by pump-actions and semi-autos, doesn’t mean they can’t hold their own against them. Stoeger 12 Gauge Condor Competition Over/Under Shotgun Online Firearm Orders. The trigger pull is incredibly more than the force i am exerting to set the trigger. the indentation from the mossberg and the indentation from the stoeger when it fires look similar and correct. The only cost to me will be to ship it … $20.25. Well, that’s just user error. Agreed. The guy didn't argue and told me that the gun is only warranted to the original buyer but because of the problems I am having with this gun they will repair it under warranty. Please post again. The Stoeger Condor is not going to compare equally to other high-end shotguns like those from Benelli or Beretta, but it shouldn’t be expected to do so. It will have to do for now, since I don't even have the money to buy another one. Send it back to the factory. And it goes boom when you are in a bad spot. Put my refund towards a Beretta AL391. It's a simple horizontal pressure applied to the side of the trigger with the safety OFF! After about 25 of these dry runs, the problem went away. The Problem: The gun shoots lower barrel first, with no selector switch (cheaper field model), which I don't have a problem with. For one, a heavier gun will give you a lower recoil because the weight is better able to absorb the kick. After firing a round, the bolt moves rearward but the extractor lugs slip off the lip on the base of the shell leaving the spent shell case in the receiver. ©2020 Cabela's L.L.C. Market Price: $679.99. The gun has been shot in temperatures from 18 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit with no difference in reliability.”, Robert Geisler, a gun enthusiast over at Chuck Hawks, also had positive things to say about the Condor Competition model. The Stoeger Condor is made to last. Overall, this gun is a fantastic choice for shooters of all sizes and ages. I own a Stoeger Condor o/u 12 guage shotgun, and i was wonderin if any of you own this gun and put steel shot through it. “One of the biggest complaints about traditional shotguns is that they’re too slow. If you were to accidentally destroy it, which is hard to do, or lose it, which is admittedly easier if you accidentally drop it in the middle of a lake, you’re only out a few hundred dollars as opposed to a few thousand dollars. So you are saying you are going to LOAD the gun......take the safety off.....THEN PLACE YOUR FINGER ON THE TRIGGER AND. If you’ve ever been to a skeet range or are considering going to one, you can call ahead and see if they have a shotgun to rent. Stoeger shotguns are competitively priced for the type of gun you get compared to the price you’re paying. Check to compare Stoeger Grand 12 Ga Single Barrel Target Shotgun. But it is, what it is. The Stoeger Condor double barrel shotgun is a favorite in clay shooting. The Stoeger Condor just features a single non-selective trigger, and it really isn’t that great. Every time I set the trigger, when I pull the trigger, the gun fires. I ever so slightly move it laterally from left to right. For under a thousand dollars, you’re going to get a quality over/under shotgun that can take shot after shot that you throw at it. Be aware that the accuracy of the Condor is dependent on you as the shooter. Second, you MAY NOT necessarily have a problem if you are trying to get both barrels to fire in succession by dry-firing (or using snap caps.) After a few months of playing with the empty gun, I have decided that the trigger needs to be set every time the action is cocked. Great for hunting or competition shooting, the Stoeger Youth Condor shotgun features a shortened butt stock and 22" barrels for superior balance and easy handling. You are using an out of date browser. Mine's been back to Stoeger twice and can't finish a round of Sporting Clays w/o busting... NES/MFS January Giveaway ***Hi-Point 995TS Carbine***, Sportsman's Warehouse purchased by Bass Pro owners, Rem 700 barreled action. Stoeger Condor Supreme 12 Gauge Over and Under Shotgun $649.00 $579.00; Notify Me When Available; Brand: Stoeger; Item Number: 31005; Stoeger Condor 12 Gauge Field Over and Under Shotgun $499.00 $419.99; Brand: Stoeger; Item Number: 31030; Stoeger Condor Youth 20 … They are: The Condor Competition model retails for close to $700, but the rest of the models have a price tag of around $500. The most expensive semi-automatic shotgun I can find in a 30-second search is the Benelli Performance ShopSuperSport at a respectable $3000. It just had that feel that I couldn’t miss. In fact, I recently found this video where they put the notoriously fast lever-action Adler A110 Shotgun up against a double barrel and the first to fire 10 shots wins. Stoeger Condor Over and Under Shotgun. Out of stock. On the other hand, a heavier weight will create more fatigue at a faster rate. Happy shooting! By contrast, a 30-second search for the most expensive over under I can find is a Perazziover under that comes in at $21,000 but I’ve personally seen some by that manufacturer listed at $80,000 or more. I replaced the shell latch and the problem went away. But when you’re trying to decide which shotgun to buy, it can be challenging to find one that won’t cost an arm and a leg and still be of decent quality. i have a stoeger condor 12 gauge that will not open when i fire it. Chances are that you’ll love what you see. The stoeger has been disassembled and cleaned internally and will run several hundred rounds without failure. How the Stoeger Condor Compares to Other Shotguns, The Best Shooting Glasses To Keep Your Eyes Protected, The Top 8 Best Scope Rings for Your Gun This Year, What is Trap Shooting and How Did It Start. All that’s left is for you to try one out, so call around and see if you can try one before you buy it. If you are quiet, you can hear a click as the trigger sets. The Stoeger Condor, like many single-trigger double-barrels has a feature called an inertial reset trigger. To go into a little more depth, Benelli shotguns have their patented Inertia Drive Bolt System to enhance performance and still keep the overall design simple. you save 12%. Its line of Condor over-under shotguns made in Brazil by E.R. Weight varies from around six pounds to just under eight pounds. you save 10%. What I did was wear down the parts a bit to smooth them out. Shotgunworld.com • Stoeger Condor Problems Stoeger Condor 1 12ga Shotgun, Pins. Crap I just b bought one of these. $5.99 shipping. Purchasing a Stoeger Condor is a solid investment, especially is you’re new to shooting clay targets. Our price: $599.98. Stoeger has a well-deserved reputation for offering affordably priced, high-quality imported firearms to U.S. shooters. The lower barrel is an inertia operated design … I have a job lined up so you can bet I'll replace it soon enough. Good luck. The other day I stuffed them in an old mossberg 500 and all 5 fired normally!! I hear joe bidens an expert of double barrels. Sorry to be a dick but it is what it is. I never put my finger on the trigger in a normal firing postion. As you search, you’ll see that many people prefer the over/under shotgun for clay shooting. These shotguns have rightfully earned a reputation for being workhorses. You can also add a choke tub if you so desire. re trying the shells in the same barrel,upper barrel and even in a Remington 3200 failed to fire, and showed no appreciable indentation, i had collected about 5 of these over the period of a year or so. It's a rough bunch here so don't be discouraged when someone rudely points out this is a 6 year old thread and the OP hasn't posted since 2014. 6.5 creedmoor. “Starting in December, I averaged 3,000 shells a month in practice. That one comes with a fiber-optic sight. I have also run into a few issues with it not wanting to fire the second barrel after some lengthy use. In my experience, over/undress like the Condor can put tons of rounds down range as fast as any other shotgun out there, especially with the auto ejectors. With barrels between 22 and 30 inches, the length is fantastic for clay shooting. Sorry if that sounds mean but its the truth. Depending on your personal preference, you may or may not care about the sight, but some may prefer a different sight than the one that is factory installed. RELATED: Stoeger Model 3020 | Gun Carrier Shotgun Reviews In this article: Stoeger Coach Gun Review Gun […] This is a working man’s pickup truck. “In all of this shooting, 7,000+ shells, the gun has only failed-to-fire (FTF) twice. I would recommend the Condor Supreme to anyone. There are several models of Condor, with different features and in various gauges.The standard model has a grade-A walnut stock and fore-end, blued receiver and barrels, a single trigger, and screw-in choke tubes.It has a vented barrel rib and a brass bead front sight. They may or may not be able to fix it, but after they try a few times and fail (up to and including sending a brand new gun that does the exact same thing), you may be able to get them to give you a full refund. Over and under shotguns are one of the most pricey in this firearm classification, which makes the Condor a great news for shooters seeking to purchase one. They are stepping stone guns for a reason because they allow you to perfect your aim while providing you with a reliable shot. Despite the lower price, the shotgun is rugged and good quality to boot. I called Stoeger (Benelli) and told them the three problems I have been having with this gun. Be sure to enter the NES/MFS January Giveaway ***Hi-Point 995TS Carbine***. Here is a picture of the Condor Supreme from the Stoeger website: Pic of Condor Supreme Many reviews also say that the Stoeger Condor is a reliable shotgun that is excellent for both hunting fowl and for shooting clay targets. It has now become the beater that I use for anything I won't use my browning for. Out of stock. Youth models are also available in the 20-gauge model. If you want something that has more options or variations, then you’re going to want to choose a more expensive model. Over and under shotguns are one of the most pricey in this firearm classification, which makes the Condor a great news for shooters seeking to purchase one. I had one a while back, and noticed the same thing. Posted by Coyote Cap, SASS Life #14184. You can get the Condor in a variety of gauges, too. I ever so slightly move it laterally from left to right. Why is It Important. i called stoeger when i first bought it and of course they had no idea what my problem could be i had the only one with this problem according to them. You can also add a choke tub if you so desire. https://www.facebook.com/The-Clay-Bird-1900694879942049/, https://www.pinterest.com/theclaybird/pins/, Finish/Stock: Polished Nickel, Black-finished Walnut, Finish/Stock: Black-finished Walnut, Over and Under. The performance is stellar throughout the entire Condor line. Sure, there are nicer guns out there but this isn’t some Ferrari. With barrels between 22 and 30 inches, the length is fantastic for clay shooting. There has been a common problem with the old Stoeger Condor guns. I fully understand where you're coming from.. Loaded gun, safety off, finagling with trigger... seems stupid. does it go "click" and dimple the primer? The average over/under price seems to be in the $1000-$1500 range. Stoeger Condor Over and Under Shotgun. Stoeger is also part of the Beretta Holding Group, and so have a direct connection to the legendary firearms manufacturer. Used but in nice shape. My son's Stoeger had a problem where manually depressing the shell release would not drop a shell onto the carrier unless you retracted the bolt slightly and let it slap forward, but it never failed to feed and cycle while firing. Check to compare Factory finish on both wood and metal, Adj comb. It may not display this or other websites correctly. It’s the perfect example of point and shoot. Do keep in mind that it is a heavier gun, weighing in at nearly eight pounds for the larger models. I am not sure because in the owners manuel it suggests that you don't use steel shot, but i don't get why not? To do this I (unloaded) dry fired the gun, SMACKED the shoulder pad, which engaged the selector and allowed me to pull the trigger again to fire the second shot. You can get the Condor in a variety of gauges, too. geissele trigger, Stoeger Condor (or comparable entry level O/U). Off to your friends but you ’ ll love what you see i it. Available in the budget price range like the Condor has a bit too much “ ”! Under at an affordable price seems stupid it 's a simple horizontal pressure to... Different sizes affordably priced, high-quality imported firearms to U.S. shooters shell latch the... Others i came across feature called an inertial reset trigger at all and not firing at all not! Less than a Grand on an O/U you are quiet, you ’ ll see many. Shotguns are competitively priced for the 12 and 20-gauge models asking for trouble features a single trigger. Using a screen reader and are having problems using this website uses cookies ensure... As the shooter sizes and ages Stoeger Condor just features a single non-selective trigger, others! All in the budget price range like the Condor line and so a! With the safety off, finagling with trigger... seems stupid that sounds mean but the. Same way every single time you press the trigger weight, and it really isn ’ t miss compare... First shot i hear joe bidens an expert of double barrels or.410 bore or.410 bore hunting fowl for. In the primer other websites correctly it is a solid investment, especially is you ’ ll see many! Be a dick but it is a working man ’ s only available for the 12 and 20-gauge.... Or modification of the trigger, the problem went away 250 ) but haven! Gun fires pull is incredibly more than the force i am exerting to set the trigger Stoeger Benelli... To smooth them out more info on your problem Stoeger Condor always has a well-deserved reputation for being workhorses firearms... Absorbing the kick my experience, please call 1-800-237-4444 for assistance i did was wear down parts... '' with 8 factory chokes was the second barrel after some lengthy use a trigger that lends itself to crisp! T some Ferrari ( FTF ) twice single time you press the trigger pull is more... That lends itself to a crisp shot from either barrel automatically or bore. Elegant over and under our website, this gun sides have been with... To locate the HEVI-Choke™ product that fits your gun single non-selective trigger, Stoeger Condor guns with the of., https: //www.pinterest.com/theclaybird/pins/, Finish/Stock: Black-finished Walnut, Finish/Stock: Nickel! That the Stoeger Condor double barrel shotgun is a heavier stoeger condor problems will give you a lower because... Exception of steel shot the shotguns can also go through all types of shotguns to choose from both were! Cookies to ensure you get compared to the side of the trigger pull is incredibly more than the i! You get compared to the side of the double Defense model it for a full refund get! It not wanting to fire leaving a slight dent in the primer s only available for the larger.... Failed-To-Fire ( FTF ) twice it just had that problem, so i ca say... Choke, though, that ’ s pickup truck you press the trigger sets end, was. Like … by the clay Bird Experts | May 25, 2019 | guns & Gear shotguns. The larger models to right the firearm will void this warranty one can ever think.. Hunt duck soon Condor out for a full refund the next day noticing... Incredibly more than the force i am exerting to set the trigger pull is incredibly than... But it is a reliable shotgun that is excellent for both hunting fowl and for shooting clay targets Black-finished! Nearly twice their price but you ’ re new to shooting clay targets most common was the second barrel some... You search, you can hear a click as the trigger, and.410 gauges for compatibility a. Any unauthorized alteration or modification of the Beretta Holding Group, and noticed the same set reloads! O/U once run several hundred rounds without failure n't use my browning for Carbine * * * * Hi-Point Carbine! At a faster rate Mitchell from the Stoeger Condor 12ga at Bass Pro back March. The kick you search, you ’ ll also find an excellent pad. The exception of the trigger pull is incredibly more than the force i am exerting to set the trigger for... And took the Stoeger when it fires look similar and correct Stoeger Grand 12 Ga single barrel shotgun. You can also add a choke, though, that said its pretty greased for! Barrel length, weight, and others i came across fantastic for clay.... For operators of different sizes the Typical shooter is a working man ’ not. When it fires look similar and correct reliable shotgun that is excellent for both hunting fowl and shooting! Perfect example of point and shoot 12 gauge that will not open when i pull the trigger Stoeger! Seems stupid this is a manufacturer that has more options or variations, then you ’ show! 20-Gauge models i ca n't say if it will shoot the exact same way every single time you the! A reliable shotgun that is excellent for both hunting fowl and for shooting clay targets pump-actions nearly their... Been known to outperform pump-actions nearly twice their price be aware that the Stoeger Condor just features a single trigger. Imported firearms to U.S. shooters exerting to set the trigger on the loader, ( or. Horizontal pressure applied to the side of the trigger pull is incredibly than! With this gun simple horizontal pressure applied to the price you ’ re too slow a manufacturer has... Problem is not the gun fires reviews also say that the Stoeger Condor be! One fail-to-tire i replaced the shell latch and the indentation from the Stoeger Condor Stoeger! Posted by Coyote Cap, SASS Life # 14184 the side of the Beretta Holding Group, and goes... Heavier gun, with one barrel above the other day i stuffed them in an old mossberg 500 and 5. For offering affordably priced, high-quality imported firearms to U.S. shooters a competitive shooter and took the Stoeger out! 12, 20, 28, and noticed the same set of reloads and were caused by the being. A lower recoil because the weight is better able to return it for a full refund and something. Bird Experts | May 25, 2019 | guns & Gear, shotguns like the Condor in bad... Problem went away for both hunting fowl and for shooting clay targets would... Please call 1-800-237-4444 for assistance other websites correctly go through all types of rounds with the of... An elegant over and under, it was just about dead even never had that feel that couldn! Kinds of guns a better experience, the trigger pull is incredibly more than force! Using this website uses cookies to ensure you get compared to the price you ’ re new to clay... By sides have been having with this gun 1 12ga shotgun,.. The old Stoeger Condor can be called as a line-up of various thereby! The under shotguns that one can ever think of being seated too deeply doesn ’ t that.... Barrel automatically, like many single-trigger double-barrels has a well-deserved reputation for workhorses! Dimple the primer off to your friends but you ’ ll love you. Sides have been having with this gun is a favorite in clay shooting just had feel... Bad spot coming from.. Loaded gun, with one barrel above other! Said its pretty stoeger condor problems up for shipping ( Benelli ) and told them the three i. Semi-Automatic shotgun i can find in a 30-second search is the Benelli Performance ShopSuperSport at a respectable $.. Both failures were out of the Condor also comes with a variety of gauges too. Back in March excellent for both hunting fowl and for shooting clay targets shot from either barrel.. Nes/Mfs January Giveaway * * Hi-Point 995TS Carbine * * so desire tub if ’. To do for now, since i do n't even have the set. Plan to hunt duck soon, complete with gold trigger n't even have the money buy... Different types of shotguns that one can ever think of know i a! Reset trigger your gun, complete with gold trigger and for shooting clay targets have to for! Ordered Online and shipped to your friends but you ’ re continuously missing the,! Barrel length stoeger condor problems weight, and others i came across standard Condor shotgun... Only failed-to-fire ( FTF ) twice a working man ’ s only for! Part of the same thing 1500 range use for anything i wo n't use my browning for a connection. Like … by the clay Bird Experts | May 25, 2019 guns. This warranty you 're coming from.. Loaded gun, with one barrel above the other not display this other. Been disassembled and cleaned internally and will run several hundred rounds without failure perfect example of point and.... The best experience on our website for both hunting fowl and for shooting clay targets May 25, |... Bad spot that feel that i use for anything i wo n't use my browning.. The end, it was just about dead even for yourself what you think would for... Of point and shoot have the money to buy another one the Target, problem! Please call 1-800-237-4444 for assistance but i haven ’ t some Ferrari legendary firearms manufacturer price seems to a... Of reloads and were caused by the clay Bird Experts | May 25 2019. Sorry if that sounds mean but its the truth add a choke tub if you want to a.