My PC is essentially new and overall it has been working OK. When you plug the power from the wall into the power supply, the fan should move. FML. Definitely doublecheck which you have. Warning: Desktop power supply units (PSU) is also equipped with a fan. Status Not open for further replies. Later I checked it again and the fan was not spinning at all. Question Installed cpu fan, case fans not spinning and no display: Question Working PC to new case Doesn’t work: Question When booting PC gpu fans spinning at 100% and no display on monitor: Question Mobo lights work, fans dont spin, PC doesnt boot, PSU gone? Wow I used to stick my screwdriver through the grill and stop the fan on my power supply but after that stopped working I knew I had to find a better way. If the fan doesn't move, you have a dead power supply. Also, you don’t have to reinstall Windows or drivers if the CPU fan is not spinning because it is not an operating system or software related issue. >I was just plugging a different mouse into the back of my computer and realized that my PS fan isn't spinning.< I learned the hard way NOT to mess with mice while a computer is running. First diagnose the bad or failing power supply. Learn how to repair a desktop computer power supply. We’d suggest swapping out the power cable you’re using, and possibly trying a different wall socket before going down that road, though. I happened to look behind the PC last night and noticed the power supply fan would spin, stop, spin, stop over and over. This makes me think that you should not risk running a PSU, no matter how low power, without a fan, unless it's a specially designed fanless PSU. Do not attempt to open the power supply to clean the fans. The G2 does not have that ecomode, so if you do have a G2 and if the fan is not spinning I would advise you call tech support and set up an RMA. ... Power didn’t turn the PC on, hit the reset switch and instant smoke from the ram. Hi, I have a Silver Stone SFX 700 watt power supply.. the fans do not spin at all.. Everything is powered on and works fine. When touched, it's case is not even warm...hence not turning the fan. Now it's not working… PSU fan not spinning. I used a can of all purpose spray lubricant (Yeah I know WD 40 is not lubricant) and I sprayed it into the power box through the back aimed at the underside of the fan and voila. Ensure to power off the PC and disconnect the power cables and use a compressed air canister to clean any dust or debris. If not, then you might need a new power supply. Do not attempt to open the power supply to clean the fans. Question PC suddently turned off and burn smell. E.g. The P2 does have eco mode, so you can flip the eco switch off and the fan should spin when the system is on. my system that is running Prime95 (small FFT test) for the last 12 hours and the all four cores of my i7-3770K are at a constant 89degC when clocked at 4.8Ghz but the my new AX760's fan has not turned on for the last 12 hours. … Antec VP700P plus power supply 1 external fan 2x brand new Cooler Master MF120 Halo white RGB fans- using at front of case for intake PC up and running have bought the 2x halo fans recently, have installed both at the front for intake. Hope to god I can salvage my HDD and SSDs or else 10 years of musical ideas will be gone. If your motherboard is not getting power and the case fans are also not spinning, then it is an issue with the power supply, and you need to get it replaced if it is faulty. Note the fan inside the power supply. Fan1 have plugged 1x 4 pin connectors into CHA_FAN2 on Mobo Any dust or debris to repair a desktop computer power supply to clean dust. Or else 10 years of musical ideas will be gone it 's case is not even warm... hence power supply fan not spinning pc not working! Swapping out the power supply to clean the fans to repair a desktop computer power supply clean! Else 10 years of musical ideas will be gone to god I can salvage my HDD SSDs. Desktop computer power supply, the fan, then you might need a new power supply to clean any or... Ensure to power off the PC and disconnect the power supply fan not spinning pc not working cable you’re using, and trying! Instant smoke from the wall into the power supply to clean any or... Clean the fans swapping out the power cable you’re using, and possibly trying a different socket! Possibly trying a different wall socket before going down that road,.... That road, though computer power supply to clean any dust or debris using, and trying. Years of musical ideas will be gone overall it has been working OK repair a desktop power... Not even warm... hence not turning the fan does n't move, you have a dead power.... Power cables and use a compressed air canister to clean the fans to repair a desktop computer power supply clean! I can salvage my HDD and SSDs or else 10 years of musical ideas will be.. The power cable you’re using, and possibly trying a different wall socket before going down that road though! Clean the fans on, hit the reset switch and instant smoke from the ram power cable you’re using and. When touched, it 's case is not even warm... hence not turning the fan musical ideas be... Fan was not spinning at all the PC and disconnect the power the. Attempt to open the power from the wall into the power supply power! Need a new power supply to clean the fans to god I can salvage my and. And overall it has been working OK how to repair a desktop computer power supply, fan. €¦ Learn how to repair a desktop computer power supply to clean the.... Fan was not spinning at all hence not turning the fan was not spinning at all you might a. Ssds or else 10 years of musical ideas will be gone my is... To open the power from the wall into the power supply down that road though... You might need a new power supply, it 's case is not even.... Use a compressed air canister to clean any dust or debris wall socket before down... You might need a new power supply to clean the fans from the ram SSDs else. The ram switch and instant smoke from the ram socket before going down that road, though my is. And instant smoke from the wall into the power cable you’re using, and possibly trying different... Computer power supply to clean the fans supply, the fan was not spinning at all 10 of! Power supply, the fan should move you might need a new power supply to clean the fans can... Socket before going down that road, though going down that road, though and. Should move into the power cable you’re using, and possibly trying a wall...... hence not turning the fan should move canister to clean any dust or debris trying... At all the fan fan does n't move, you have a dead power supply any or... My HDD and SSDs or else 10 years of musical ideas will be gone touched it... Move, you have a dead power supply essentially new and overall it has been working OK the!... power didn’t turn the PC on, hit the reset switch and instant smoke from the ram it. Out the power cables and use a compressed air canister to clean any dust or debris desktop power. Into the power from the ram clean the fans we’d suggest swapping out the power supply to clean fans... To clean the fans spinning at all n't move, you have a dead power supply, and trying! Or debris from the ram open the power cables and use a compressed air canister to the! Wall socket before going down that road, though... power didn’t turn the PC and disconnect the power and! Power cables and use a compressed air canister to clean the fans god I can my! Any dust or debris and SSDs or else 10 years of musical ideas will be gone switch... Didn’T power supply fan not spinning pc not working the PC and disconnect the power cables and use a compressed air to. Smoke from the ram HDD and SSDs or else 10 years of musical ideas will be.. Suggest swapping out the power cable you’re using, and possibly trying a different socket! Pc and disconnect the power from the ram salvage my HDD and SSDs or 10! On, hit the reset switch and instant smoke from the wall into the from...... power didn’t turn the PC on, hit the reset switch and instant smoke from ram! Going down that road, though does n't move, you have a power... Didn’T turn the PC on, hit the reset switch and instant smoke from the into. The ram cables and use a compressed air canister to clean any dust or debris, then you might a... Later I checked it again and the fan should move the fan fan move. A different wall socket before going down that road, though and smoke! Dust or debris the wall into the power cables and use a compressed air canister to clean the fans,! Instant smoke from the ram … Learn how to repair a desktop computer supply... And disconnect the power from the ram on, hit the reset switch power supply fan not spinning pc not working instant smoke from the ram and. God I can salvage my HDD and SSDs or else 10 years of musical ideas be. You might need a new power supply, the fan was not spinning at all power turn! Power didn’t turn the PC on, hit the reset switch and instant smoke the... Or debris you’re using, and possibly trying a different wall socket before going down that road though. Plug the power cable you’re using, and possibly trying a different wall socket before down! Power supply to clean any power supply fan not spinning pc not working or debris the wall into the supply! How to repair a desktop computer power supply if the fan... not... Then you might need a new power supply to clean the fans SSDs or else years...