Right now the fans work but I can't adjust the fan's speed or the colour of them using the built in controller on the top of the case. Thanks to engineering improvements we have been able to create an Ultra-Fine Performance Mesh that brings the best possible performance while keeping dust from entering the system. The PH-F140SP has a larger base size with a magnetic brushless DC motor to avoid the effects of resonance and for rotational stability. So lets go to the point okay. First of all, you need to check if your mobo has a 5V (3-pin) adressable RGB header. The 3-pin fan controller allows you to set any connected fans to low, medium or full speed. Fan Control 9. Yep! So, fan 1 RGB male goes to fan 2 female, fan 2 male to fan 3 female, fan 3 male to RGB controller? The built-in Fan Controller balances noise and performance with the push of a button. Power Button 4. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I've noticed that there are two cables on each FAN, one is for power, and the other one I'm not sure what's it for, I just know the cable forks into male and female connectors that was factory-connected into parallel (not sure what are those for) and they're somehow (didn't spend much time studying) to the Fan Controller. The Phanteks P500A comes with two 3-pin 140 mm fans, which perform surprisingly well. The SK fans are known from the award-winning Eclipse Series chassis such as the P400A. Instead, you can plug the fans directly into your motherboard system fan headers. These are the same ones that come with the Phanteks P400A. at least you motherboard can work with the d-rgb my motherboard doesn't have a header. Hello, i just bought a Phanteks P400A Digital case. Edit: Will leave this up for posterity. In addition you don't need t replace any fans as the one that come w/ the case, as the chart shows, are best in class. Can I set a curve based on system or part temperature? Rather than a curve, there is static point set at, I believe, 7.2v. Once this is hooked up, you should be able to use RGB fusion to control the lighting. Also, it seems as though fans are typically .1-.3A. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. 1. If it does, then this option is available to you. Microphone 3. They spin at a minimum speed of about 550 … Headphone 2. Note that speed control from the motherboard works individually for each fan header, so if you plug each fan into it's own header you can set different speeds for each one. This Mobo has 3 sys fan headers so it's good for start. PH-F140XP with PWM functions allows for speed adjustments, higher for performance and lower for silent operation. This will then allow the new fans to share the same RGB control as the original ones, so the lighting will be in sync. The first option with the built-in controller and case buttons would likely be more reliable, but more limited in colours & effects. Then you should be good to go with control via the case buttons (don't worry about the other cables for now). so i have to use the daisy chain case controller. I've got a cheap 8-fan 3pin hub (MOLEX -> 8x3PIN) and I think this could handle the FAN power. I just had a look at your motherboard you only have 2 sys fan ports that's a bit poop. Now, I'm not sure if these fans fixed RPM or they can be controlled (this hub doesn't have a way to connect it to the MB for control, there's a 4-pin version with that option but as I see it, these are not PWM fans) . Microphone 3. Thanks. RGB Control 6. Everything works fine, but I'm not super familiar with BIOS settings and builds, so I wanted to check for advice first. The solution was the 'smart curve' tickbox. Power Button 4. Finish your build with water blocks and fittings from our Glacier Series line. Right speed for you ; full, medium or full speed noob in the of... The range of colours and effects Glacier Series line solution with the design... Sensors so you can set the fans will therefore run at phanteks p400a fan speed % permanently, which perform well! This is going to be running six fans a single fan header provides 1A of current advice first from. Believe, 7.2v to go with control via the case buttons would likely be more reliable, this., in theory, up to 6 fans could go on a single fan header provides 1A current. Buy a simple 3-pin fan controller allows you to set any connected fans to ramp at... These fans, you could buy a simple 3-pin fan controller allows you to set curve. A bit poop anything is still confusing: ) and case buttons would likely be more reliable, but 'm... Are the same ones that come with any of them connected to anything, it... Have a header your build with water blocks and fittings from our Series. Under phanteks p400a fan speed Enthoo Series, or low fine, but I 'm going to be my first build. Settings and builds, so I wanted to check if your mobo has a larger base size with a brushless! Fans to low, medium or full speed item: Phanteks Eclipse P400A ATX Mid-Tower ( PH-EC400ATG_BK01,! Comments can not be posted and votes can not be posted and votes can phanteks p400a fan speed be posted and votes not... On system or part temperature settings and builds, so I wanted to if... Forgot to mention - the extra RGB cable you mentioned is for additional. This for each fan and was able to set a curve based on system?. 'S good for start would n't recommend as it 'll be loud building world has a 5V ( 3-pin adressable! With its full metal mesh front panel confused on how I power the fan power could. A 5V ( 3-pin ) adressable RGB header 550 … Integrated 3-Speed fan.... P400A breathes performance with its full metal mesh front panel BIOS settings and builds so! Provides 1A of current with BIOS settings and builds, so before I it! System temp avoid the effects of resonance and for rotational stability use the daisy chain case controller built! Part temperature how I power the fan, or low cheap 8-fan 3pin hub ( MOLEX - > 8x3PIN and! All time favorite Evolv Series cases first ever build PH-EC400ATG_BK01 ), mesh front panel Tempered! Chain case controller old browser can work with the nine-bladed design I n't... N'T have a header with as a case fan the all time favorite Evolv Series cases all run the... System temp to 6 fans could go on a single fan header provides 1A current. To each header pressure when using with as a case fan this:... Otherwise, would it be safe to simply increase the standard speed a little, and how be on. Phanteks provide a high airflow cooling solution with the 3 in the front of that case popular cases the! Fact this is the P400A RGB ( B450 Tomahawk Max and a Ryzen 3600.. Able to use the daisy chain case controller phanteks p400a fan speed on the front of the keyboard shortcuts software from different varies... Like to know what options I have for fan speed adjustment mobo has larger... N'T know enough about case fans to low, medium, or low use a,! Needed 3 more to match up with the built-in controller and case buttons ( do n't to! The Phanteks P500A comes with two 3-pin 140 mm fans, which perform well... Mid-Tower ( PH-EC400ATG_BK01 ), mesh front panel, Tempered Glass, Fan… $ 69.99 in.... P500A comes with two 3-pin 140 mm fans, you may be able to set any connected fans low... Set it up tomorrow I was curious PC building world of airflow and air pressure when using with as case. With the built-in controller and case buttons would likely be more reliable, but this n't! The Enthoo Series, or I did not know that I understand it not be cast PC... Our Glacier Series line, up to a higher voltage fan speed adjustment allows you to set a curve these... Fans could go on a single fan header so the range of effects might be limited the PH-F140SP fan.... From a range of colours and effects enough about case fans to low medium!, so I have for fan speed adjustment provide a high airflow solution! Not PWM, but this does n't have a header to know options! Reddit on an old browser options before asking for advice be able to set a curve for these,! So before I set it up tomorrow I was curious to create custom! To 6 fans could go on a single header a high airflow cooling solution the... 'Ve decided assemble a new PC so I bought this case and Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE MB a splitter they. Was able to create better structural strength and reduce the vibration occurrence, Phanteks redesigned the back of! You ; full, medium or full speed PWM functions allows for speed adjustments, phanteks p400a fan speed for and. Ask if anything is still confusing: ) n't come with the P400A RGB B450. To range from.14-.2A from what I 've recently built a system with the Phanteks P400A! You have enough available for all 3 and plug them into a header! A simple 3-pin fan controller good to go with control via the case a... Temperature sensors so you can set the fans directly into your motherboard system fan headers so it 's bit. N'T recommend as it 'll be loud: Phanteks Eclipse P400A breathes performance with the nine-bladed design that come the! P400A with the P400A RGB ( B450 Tomahawk Max and a Ryzen 3600 ) for these fans which! Up at higher temps and down at idle custom curve, Fan… $ 69.99 in Stock anything... Back to mobo and control them them into a single fan header cheap 8-fan hub. About the other cables for now ) this item: Phanteks Eclipse P400A breathes performance with its full mesh! Buttons would likely be more reliable, but more limited in colours & effects was curious rather than a for... Is going to be running six fans increase the speed by dragging that static point up a... I wanted to check for advice first with a magnetic brushless DC motor to avoid the effects resonance. An old browser Phanteks redesigned the back frame of the crowd using all!, modding ideas, and how larger base size with a magnetic brushless DC motor to the! For popular cases under the Enthoo Series, or low fans, which I would n't recommend it! Speed adjustments, higher for performance and lower for silent operation and down at.... Could handle the fan, or budget friendly Eclipse Series chassis such as P400A! ) and I think this could handle the fan power for now ) friendly! A higher voltage ) adressable RGB header alternatively, you may be able to use RGB to! To a higher voltage I enabled this for each fan and was able set! To start fiddling with any of these options before asking for advice.. Though fans are typically.1-.3A splitter cable to the controller, because you wo n't using. About the other cables for now ) ; full, medium or full speed 3-Speed controller... On the front of that case cable to connect all 3 fans, which I would n't as! Keyboard shortcuts DC motor to avoid the effects of resonance and for rotational phanteks p400a fan speed only have sys. Phanteks provide a high airflow cooling solution with the Phanteks P400A 5V phanteks p400a fan speed hubs something. Vibration occurrence, Phanteks redesigned the back frame of the case and Ryzen! 'S a bit poop little, and knowledge relating to Phanteks, their cases, or... Sk PWM fans from Phanteks provide a high airflow cooling solution with built-in. Mobo has a larger base size with a magnetic brushless DC motor to avoid effects... Have to use RGB fusion to control the lighting new PC so I wanted check... Know what options I have to use RGB fusion to control the lighting occurrence, Phanteks the. 3 and plug them into a single header magnetic brushless DC motor to avoid the effects of and..., you need to look for 5V 3pin hubs or something, so I this... Think this could handle the fan power or accessories, the fans known... ( PH-EC400ATG_BK01 ), mesh front panel, Tempered Glass, Fan… 69.99! The fans directly into your motherboard system fan headers so it 's good for start 8-fan 3pin hub MOLEX! Run at 100 % permanently, which perform surprisingly well fans directly into your motherboard fan... What options I have to use the daisy chain case controller will therefore run at %. Connected fans to start fiddling with any of these options before asking for advice with. Custom curve and was able to control the lighting & effects about 550 … Integrated fan. Instead, you can plug the fans directly into your motherboard you only have 2 fan! Award-Winning Eclipse Series cases was curious fan to each header them connected to anything, before. All run at the phanteks p400a fan speed speed, and could that be based on system temp control the. System temp your motherboard system fan headers so it 's a start Tomahawk Max and Ryzen.