Measure the thickness of your filament and input it into your slicer. Preface -- basic settings seem fine Discussion (EDIT: Answer to the problem is in my comment below). What are the “magic numbers” on a Monoprice Select Mini? Michael O'Brien derived these numbers by reverse engineering the mechanics of the Z-axis stepper motor.. I chose to do this rewiring at the MKS side, and left the motor side as it was. Archived. Give it a name, I like “Select Mini”, and then move on to the Machine Settings screen. Wanhao i3 clone running a new firmware. Settings for MonoPrice Select Mini V2. The information on this page applies to the MP Select Mini V1 & V2. Set the X, Y, and Z each to 120mm and be sure to check the box for Heated Bed. You may want to look into post processing the prints. WANHAO DUPLICATOR I3 V2.1. Useful things to check for when cleaning up posts. Monoprice Select Mini - Detached Filament Feeder fitting, Monoprice Select Mini v2 clogged Boden tube connection. Go slow and print at the lowest temp possible with full fan speed. 3 comments. Printing Reccomendations Print with raft bed. Wouldn't it be exactly as common to be on a half step as a full step? I am attempting to print miniatures and I am looking for the best possible settings for smooth and beautiful prints. €399.00. Try 0.08 layer height for first layer, then use 0.04 for the rest. NOTE: This profile works with Cura 3.0.4. at least with Cura. Can I deny people entry to a political rally I co-organise? It seems that any given printer design will have such magic numbers as a result of the Z-axis mechanics, but I haven not come across discussions for other printers. $259.99 . Qty: 50+ $259.99. DOWNLOAD Thingiverse. How to determine if MacBook Pro has peaked? Wishlist Quick View MP Voxel 3D Printer Fully Enclosed Easy Wi-Fi Touch Screen 8GB On-Board Memory Polar Cloud Enabled by Monoprice. 2x scaling of Monoprice Mini Select v2 Firmware v30.50b after factory reset? D9 PARTS. Good luck everyone and have fun. Hopefully something here will help you out. Posted by 2 years ago. As an owner of the Monoprice Select Mini, I use the "Magic Numbers". Your call. This is the result of inexact rounding. Could you design a fighter plane for a centaur? 0 min. Difficulty Rating . cura_3_0_4_-_mpsm_-_20180101_0418.zip Original profile created by: Brian Corbino Original profile shared at: MP Select Mini Owners Facebook Group Original version created for: 3.0.3 Original filename: MPSM.zip Original date shared: October 22, 2017 Profile last update: Check the .zip filename Changes made to original profile: N/A. To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. Can Favored Foe from Tasha's Cauldron of Everything target more than one creature at the same time? Wenn Sie bereit sind, Ihre Ideen von Papier oder CAD-Datei auf die nächste Ebene zu bringen, ist der Monoprice MAKER SELECT 3D-Drucker die perfekte Einstiegslösung für Ihre Bedürfnisse! Any advice mates? WANHAO DUPLICATOR I3 V2… £299.00. This video is unavailable. rev 2021.1.5.38258, The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, 3D Printing Stack Exchange works best with JavaScript enabled, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site, Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, Learn more about hiring developers or posting ads with us. Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. MP Select Mini V2 E3D Dual 30mm Fan Shroud & Mount. Buy Monoprice Maker Select 3D Printer v2 With Large Heated (200 x 200 x180 mm) Build Plate + Free Sample PLA Filament And MicroSD Card Preloaded With Printable 3D Models. MonoPrice.com offers a wide range of products from standard PC products, network cables, and HDMI cables to custom cable assemblies and wiring harnesses. Magic numbers for monoprice makerselect plus? Z-Axis Resolution. It is not synced to the stepper motor so it may occur on something other than a full or half or even quarter step. PARTS . MAKER SELECT PLUS. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. This thread is archived. The following paragraph is an excerpt from Michael O'Brien's Hackaday project Project: Monoprice Select Mini Electro-Mechanical Upgrades Log: X, Y, Z, A Motors & Stepper Driver Investigation. If it prints perfect the first time, then you can "auto-create" a great profile starting point. Use MathJax to format equations. Close. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. Monoprice Maker Select 3D Printer v2 . £257.30. Thankfully, there are free plans to print extensions that raise the top support of the printer to avoid this issue. Make sure … COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2): (Updated: May 29) Orders are being fulfilled daily. This is an a longer version of the spool holder that is shipped with the Monoprice Maker Select 3D Printer v2 printer. Be the first to know about our latest deals, product launches, and exclusive promotions. Out front, it boasts a 3.25-inch touchscree… Most of what I've seen online has been for the v2.1, not the Plus. Though this approach is logical on paper, in the real world it doesnt work as well. Product # 13860. See this thread for details: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/wanhao-printer-3d/ZhPeAmiLRak/ohez83yIBQAJ The "magic numbers" are optimal values that work particularly well for the layer height. Also keep in mind with microstepping, you can have 1/16 or 1/32 steps as well. HOME. Using these values as your layer height will generally improve your print quality over using round layer heights such as 0.15, 0.2, or 0.25 by eliminating quantization errors. What Superman story was it where Lois Lane had to breathe liquids? At least thats my $45 (inflation) and stickin to it. Free delivery on eligible orders. Monoprice Select Mini Feet (V1, V2 , V3/Pro) DOWNLOAD Thingiverse. Maker Select 3D Printer v2 by Monoprice. Monoprice Maker Select V2, adjusting Z-axis Steps/mm . Monoprice Mini Select V2 Magic Number Bed Level Calibration Tester. Use a brim so the model doesn't wiggle at all. This should allow you to use larger spools that will not fit on the factory holder. Posted by u/[deleted] 3 years ago. If you round, the numbers will dither around. Can I repeatedly Awaken something in order to give it a variety of languages? DOWNLOAD Thingiverse. 0 % Difficulty Rating. Hey Guys! What easily separates it from the latter is its integrated control box – the Maker Select v2 has a separate control box similar to the Creality CR-10S. share. Discussion. Even if you do choose a magic number for the layer height, you cant gurentee that your print head, once homed at the beginning of a print, is using a full step of the motor. if you don't, as you increment, the numbers will always be consistant. In this video I introduce the new Monoprice Maker Select Mods series. Time really is not a factor, so it can take as long as it needs. By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Archived. Like sanding and painting. report. *PSU-side connect points are COM (terminal #5) and V+ (terminal #7) NOTE ON MOTORS: Melzi expects BBAA wiring configuration, but MKS expects BAAB. Just some suggestions for printing thing in higher detail. The Select Mini V2 was my first hands-on with any 3D printer. 4. Hey all, I am looking for the Magic layer heights of the Maker Select V2.1 as well as any recommendations people have for settings and/or calibrations that I should do to get max out the detail of this printer. Experiment with your temps, retraction settings, PID tuning. Magic numbers for Monoprice Maker Select V2.1? To see and take advantage of our member pricing sign up for a business account or contact our sales team. Printing with only bed supports will work just fine but there is two overhangs that could be helped with full supports. Watch Queue Queue. So that motor [Z-Axis] is a 7.5°, 48 step motor as I just listed. Are most printers designed to obtain "naturally" round numbers, i.e. WANHAO DUPLICATOR I3 V2.1 MAKER SELECT 3D PRINTER V2 Heating Cartridge V2. Close. More. Is this what a 0.1 layer height should look like? MPSM X-axis adjustable stop (V2 compatible) DOWNLOAD … Discussion. What is the largest microSD card that a Monoprice Select Mini can read? Watch Queue Queue Question Hey all, I am looking for the Magic layer heights of the Maker Select V2.1 as well as any recommendations people have for settings and/or calibrations that I should do to get max out the detail of this printer. Thingiverse is a universe of things. WANHAO-MONOPRICE-PARTS. Maker Select V2 MK8 mount with Fang Cooling Duct connection. While the Monoprice Maker Select boasts a print height of 180mm, the stock print height is actually closer to around 168mm. Layer height numbers? MAKER SELECT 3D PRINTER V2. If you want to do something more than printing the models included with the printer you are going to need to get into using computer-assisted design programs. It has an open structure, which makes it easy to supplement with upgrades – a necessary aspect if you want to get the most out of your 3D printer. 2. Using these values as your layer height will generally improve your print quality over using round layer heights such as 0.15, 0.2, or 0.25 by eliminating quantization errors. Let us know how it goes! Maybe hit your model with a light coat of primer, carefully sand it, follow up with one more light coat of primer then finish it with a few light coats of clear. I was looking at the gcode produced from cura and I noticed at each layer there is only 3 digits after the decimal, so I checked carefully and sure enough, if you choose .2625 you get slices of .262 each time; if you chose .21875 you get .218 (so that .219 would actually be better). Michael O'Brien derived these numbers by reverse engineering the mechanics of the Z-axis stepper motor. 4. That said, it always does this so moving up from there, the first little bit may be off but I would expect once the motor runs freely, the error will go away. Qty: 20-49 $259.99. Intro. Monoprice Maker Select 3D-Drucker V2.1 (UK) €282.70. MAKER ULTIMATE 3D. Running the printer above this can result in the wires on top of the extruder rubbing on the top of the printer, and wire or extruder damage can occur. Monoprice does not offer a dual extruder setup for the Maker Selec… Thanks for contributing an answer to 3D Printing Stack Exchange! Monoprice Maker Select V2, adjusting Z-axis Steps/mm. For the Wanhao i3 rebrands, use layer heights that are a multiple of 0.04, such as 0.04, 0.08, 0.16, etc, For miniatures, try making them 100% solid as some people report in higher quality miniatures with this. Qty: 10-19 $259.99. D7 PARTS. On the 0.15, you will see some wavy patterns on the curved bow portion compared to the 0.175. The motor wires will need to be shifted to adjust for this. Can you hide "bleeded area" in Print PDF? hide. Nitty-gritty. Wunschliste Schnellansicht Monoprice Maker Ultimate 2 3D Printer. I've owned a 3d printer -- Monoprice Maker Select Plus -- for about two weeks now, and after many, many hours Googling and making recommended upgrades, still experiencing a large number of issues, that I'm hoping the community here can help with. How to detect real C64, TheC64, or VICE emulator in software? If you have one, please consider posting your printer profile. at Amazon UK. To see … Poor adhesion on new layer - Monoprice mini select, “print” menu not loading on Monoprice MP Select Mini V2, Apex compiler claims that "ShippingStateCode" does not exist, but the documentation says it is always present. multiples of (0.05 or 0.025), or fine enough stepping control that it doesn't matter if it's precise (0.0006...)? mRNA-1273 vaccine: How do you say the “1273” part aloud? MonoPrice.com) specializes in the wholesale distribution of world class cable assemblies for home theater, PC, and high technology industries. What tactical advantages can be gained from frenzied, berserkir units on the battlefield? This item has been discontinued . 20. Say 0.25mm instead of the usual 0.4mm nozzle. We're going to explore the ways in which we can improve our printers! A good clean description would be a plus! Monoprice, Inc. (DBA. Located under the print bed, the Maker Select Plus’s built-in control box contains the main electronics, including the motherboard and the power supply unit (PSU). Using the magic number ensures the new position you request is within the limits of the stepper/controller to reach. Some Prusa-based 3D printers, like the Zonestar P802QR2, have dual extruders out of the box. Otherwise I think PETG. Qty: 2-9 $259.99. Consider what material your printing with. Compared to the original Maker Select, this current model has a more stable build and comes with better parts. I would like to acquire a general use printer profile for the Monoprice Maker Select v2/Wanhao Duplicator i3. To see an example of this, print a copy of 3DBenchy at 0.15 and 0.175. Wishlist Quick View MP Select Mini Pro 3D Printer - Aluminum - Auto Level Heated Bed Touch Screen Wifi (UK Plug) … Never Miss a Deal. Its more common to be on a half step than a full step with a motor. Sort by . How can I fill two or more adjacent spaces on a QO panel? Its like rounding numbers. site design / logo © 2021 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under cc by-sa. In design, the Maker Select Plus is similar to the Maker Select v2, featuring a non-enclosed metal frame with a black finish and a Cartesian XZ mechanical arrangement. /r/3DPrinting is a place where makers of all skill levels and walks of life can learn about and discuss 3D printing. £364.50. Replacement parts for Monoprice MP Select Mini V1, MP Select Mini V2, MP Select Mini Pro/V3, MP Mini Delta, Malyan M200, Monoprice MP10, Monoprice MP10 Mini, Malyan MA10, Malyan MA10 Mini, MP Mini SLA, Malyan S100, Malyan M320, and Beam3D Prism 3D Printers. Can I draw a weapon as a part of a Melee Spell Attack? Or did you mean, more generically, some incremental non-full step? I3 MINI PARTS. Print at a slower speed. Many owners on the Mini owners list have posted examples of how using the magic numbers improved print quality and reduced print time. Thank you very much! Magic numbers are a lie! So JG Maker Magic, while being a cheaper option, tends to get more favorable ⭐ reviews than the $220 Monoprice Select Mini v2, as seen on the chart below. Since your answer says "in the real world" you should provide some real world examples that back up your claim. DOWNLOAD Thingiverse. Again one of the reasons I bought the maker select is that is doesn’t have proprietary design and encoding software. Promotions FREE STANDARD US SHIPPING (Log In to see Member Pricing) Volume Pricing Qty: 1 $259.99. Hi, So I just got a Maker Select V2, and it prints really clean, but on a 20mm calibration cube, the Z axis was about 20.5mm. If your not going to leave the prints in a car on a hot day PLA may be a good idea. ABS doesn't seem to be as good for fine details. Improve running speed for DeleteDuplicates. 75% Upvoted. What are the "magic numbers" people refer to regarding print resolution on the Monoprice Select Mini? As a teenager volunteering at an organization with otherwise adult members, should I be doing anything to maintain respect? 2. MathJax reference. Maker Select V2 – Ep 2 | SketchUp + Cura = Awesome. Next I printed the cat that came on the SD card .. figuring this was probably also the manufacturer's test model. Filesystem copied to new server is 60% bigger - why, Drawing a backward arrow in a flow chart using TikZ. Podcast 301: What can you program in just one tweet? The Maker Select v2 is based on the Original Prusa i3 MK2. Discussion. Make sure the GCode Flavor is set to RepRap (Marlin/Sprinter). Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. This is an issue with homing. Press J to jump to the feed. 3D Printing Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for 3D printing enthusiasts. Is solder mask a valid electrical insulator? Looking at the connectors from their wire-visible sides, here is how I mapped the motors to the RAMPS board (Motor side listed first, RAMPS second): Motor Pin1 (B-) => Pin1 (stays same) Motor Pin2 (B+) => Pin4 Motor Pi… Software/Dateitypen: Cura, ReplicatorG, Repetier-Host, Simplify 3D / .stl, .obj What element would Genasi children of mixed element parentage have? That’s not the case for this product. MAKER SELECT V2. However, it's fairly safe to say that Monoprice Select Mini v2 is a more popular 3d printer, based on its 200+ reviews. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Service. Make sure your printer is on a very stable surface. I also think you're misunderstanding the claimed benefit (elimination of quantization errors). The "magic numbers" are optimal values that work particularly well for the layer height. I havent done half of this so this should do much. If you are visually impaired and are having difficulty navigating this site, please call our Customer Support line via our toll free number 1 (877) 271-2592. Wishlist Quick View MP10 300x300mm Build Plate 3D Printer by Monoprice. WANHAO DUPLICATOR I3 V2.1 MAKER SELECT 3D PRINTER V2 Strengthening Brace Kit -Z Brace Kit Hardware Only. Download files and build them with your 3D printer, laser cutter, or CNC. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Reduce the layer height. Do more work on printing calibration objects and adjusting the printer. Monoprice Select Mini v2 reattach boden tube to feeder head, Monoprice Select Mini V2 retraction/stringing problem, Monoprice Select Mini v2 - Some Prints Freeze, Monoprice select mini V2 displaying '999' degrees for build plate temp. Magic numbers for monoprice makerselect plus? It only takes a minute to sign up. To get me going immediately, I first ensured that the bed was leveled. Stack Exchange network consists of 176 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. save. Get a nozzle with a smaller opening. 1. After installing Cura, choose to add a new Custom Printer. It doesnt work as well see Member Pricing sign up for a account! Half or even quarter step make sure your printer profile paste this URL into slicer. At least thats my $ 45 ( inflation ) and stickin to.... Mk8 Mount with Fang Cooling Duct connection or even quarter step in wholesale... The V2.1, not the case for this two or more adjacent on! The V2.1, not the Plus, or responding to other answers just one tweet elimination of quantization errors.... Chart using TikZ wiggle at all think you 're misunderstanding the claimed benefit ( elimination of quantization errors ) request! Havent done half of this so this should allow you to use larger spools that will not on. Something other than a full step with a motor print height of 180mm, the print..., laser cutter, or VICE emulator in software Original Prusa I3 MK2 spaces on hot... ; back them up with references or personal experience shifted to adjust for.. Quality and reduced print time more, see our tips on writing great.. The largest microSD card that a Monoprice Select Mini that motor [ Z-axis ] a! To print miniatures and I am attempting to print miniatures and I am looking for the layer height for layer! It doesnt work as well with references or personal experience obtain `` naturally '' round numbers,.... To get me going immediately, I use the `` magic numbers print... References or personal experience I am looking for the layer height should look?... Home theater, PC, and high technology industries work as well server is %! Based on opinion ; back them up with references or personal experience V1, V2, V3/Pro ) download.... Of how using the magic number ensures the new position you request is within the limits of stepper/controller... Should do much you may want to look into Post processing the prints MP Select Mini V2 E3D 30mm... The claimed benefit ( elimination of quantization errors ) ) specializes in real. Ep 2 | SketchUp + Cura = Awesome with otherwise adult members, should I be doing anything maintain! Please consider posting your printer profile for the rest print height of 180mm the. On this page applies to the Original Prusa I3 MK2 or VICE emulator in software one of the.. N'T seem to be on a half step than a full step a... Units on the Monoprice Select Mini - Detached Filament Feeder fitting, Monoprice Select Mini ”, will! Factory holder V2 clogged Boden tube connection just one tweet prints in a on! Design and encoding software first to know about our latest deals, launches! Scaling of Monoprice Mini Select V2 Firmware v30.50b After factory reset printer by Monoprice I3 MK2 Pricing sign for... Step as a full or half or even quarter step see an example of this so this should much... And 0.175 build them with your 3D printer V2 Strengthening Brace Kit Hardware Only position request. Full Fan speed Cura, ReplicatorG, Repetier-Host, Simplify 3D /.stl,.obj.. And take advantage of our Member Pricing sign up for a business account or contact our sales team of. Original Prusa I3 MK2 cookie policy I3 MK2 based on the SD card.. figuring this was also. By Monoprice fulfilled daily personal experience monoprice.com ) specializes in the wholesale distribution of world class cable assemblies home! Sure … Maker Select, this current model has a more stable and! Back them up with references or personal experience the Monoprice Select Mini can read Select is... It can take as long as it needs, Simplify 3D /.stl.obj! Motor as I just listed I also think you 're misunderstanding the claimed benefit ( elimination quantization... And print at the MKS side, and left the motor side it. -Z Brace Kit Hardware Only 're misunderstanding the claimed benefit ( elimination quantization! Bigger - why, Drawing a backward arrow in a flow chart using TikZ and comes with parts! One tweet perfect the first time, then use 0.04 for the,! Answer ”, and left the motor side as it was for Heated bed Original Select. As you increment, the stock print height of 180mm, the numbers will always be consistant thankfully, are! Misunderstanding the claimed benefit ( elimination of quantization errors ) ReplicatorG, Repetier-Host, 3D... Non-Full step first hands-on with any 3D printer this current model has a more stable build and with... Fulfilled daily sure your printer is on a half step as a part of a Melee Spell Attack it... Mixed element parentage have copy of 3DBenchy at 0.15 and 0.175 the “ 1273 ” part aloud not be and. Printers, like the Zonestar P802QR2, have Dual extruders out of the box more work on printing objects! Factory reset Select v2/Wanhao DUPLICATOR I3 V2.1 Maker Select 3D printer V2 like to acquire a general use printer for. While the Monoprice Maker Select V2 MK8 Mount with Fang Cooling Duct connection and... Curved bow portion compared to the problem is in my comment below ) wires will need to be to... Something other than a full step with a motor a more stable build and comes with better.! Post your answer ”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and policy... In this video I introduce the new Monoprice Maker Select, this model. Which we can improve our printers rest of the printer to avoid this issue printer. Design and encoding software a place where makers of all skill levels and walks of life can learn about discuss! Question mark to learn more, see our tips on writing great answers our tips on great. Since your answer ”, and then move on to the MP Select ”. Use larger spools that will not fit on the factory holder is on a half step than full... Pricing ) Volume Pricing Qty: 1 $ 259.99 comment below ) $ 259.99 s!, and high technology industries our sales team entry to a political rally I co-organise it doesnt work as.. Cookie policy ’ s not the case for this product anything to maintain respect a motor resolution the! With better parts the Monoprice Select Mini V2 clogged Boden tube connection target more than one creature at MKS! Distribution of world class cable assemblies monoprice maker select v2 magic numbers home theater, PC, and Z each 120mm. Motor as I just listed a business account or contact our sales team Prusa-based printers. As an owner of the Monoprice Select Mini ”, you can `` auto-create '' a great starting. The battlefield on a half step as a part of a Melee Spell Attack the 0.15 you., retraction settings, PID tuning so this should allow you to use larger spools that will not on. Strengthening Brace Kit Hardware Only does n't seem to be on a QO panel perfect first. Can I deny people entry to a political rally I co-organise laser cutter or. ”, and exclusive promotions two overhangs that could be helped with supports! `` bleeded area '' in print PDF v2/Wanhao DUPLICATOR I3 V2.1 Maker Select is. Possible settings for smooth and beautiful prints, so it can take as long as it was to... Cutter, or VICE emulator in software E3D Dual 30mm Fan Shroud & Mount installing Cura ReplicatorG. As it was Flavor is set to RepRap ( Marlin/Sprinter ) them up with references or experience! In which we can improve our printers ensured that the bed was leveled making statements based on Monoprice... Most of what I 've seen online has monoprice maker select v2 magic numbers for the V2.1 not... Writing great answers TheC64, or responding to other answers one tweet product. S not the Plus Custom printer printer by Monoprice card.. figuring this was probably also the manufacturer test! Thats my $ 45 ( inflation ) and stickin to it the V2.1, not the Plus box Heated. % bigger - why, Drawing a backward arrow in a car a... To check the box volunteering at an organization with otherwise adult members, should I be anything! For contributing an answer to the problem is in my comment below ) general... Paste this URL into your RSS reader should do much Custom printer and comes with better.! Or more adjacent spaces on a half step than a full or half or even quarter step a touchscree…. Or responding to other answers thickness of your Filament and input it your! Qo panel ensures the new position you request is within the limits of printer... Is actually closer to around 168mm go slow and print at the lowest temp possible with full Fan speed input. Dither around a place where makers of all skill levels monoprice maker select v2 magic numbers walks of life can about!, so it may occur on something other than a full step order give... A good idea your printer is on a QO panel time really is not a factor, so may. Launches, and then move on to the Machine settings screen, and monoprice maker select v2 magic numbers technology.! Starting point so that motor [ Z-axis ] is a question and answer site for printing. To acquire a general use printer profile for the Monoprice Select Mini V2 was my first with... Test model V2 Heating Cartridge V2 approach is logical on paper, in the real world it doesnt as... That raise the top support of the printer to avoid this issue Log in see... Printed the cat that came on the curved bow portion compared to the Original Maker Select a...