The Loganberry. Sign In My Account. Details such as prices and hours are subject to change. Loganberry Gin Since 2015, we’ve been making our Lilac Gin to honor the heritage of our home in Rochester. A unfilled rating star. What: The loganberry, a blackberry-raspberry hybrid accidentally produced in California in the 1880s (so the story goes), achieved success as a juice in Ontario and Western New York, and nowadays there’s hardly a soda-fountain machine in town that doesn’t include the loganberry drink (though it is not carbonated). Beef (flavorful!) A unfilled rating star. This is the same loganberry made famous at PJ's Bar-B-Q restaurant on Route 9 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. Use PJ's loganberry syrup as a drink mixed with water and ice, or full-strength as a dessert topping, slushie syrup or even in a milkshake or cocktail. Cart 0. Grab a couple of handfuls and discover what happiness tastes like. A unfilled rating star. The most famous and sweetest drink in Buffalo NY! Also comes in a group set. Feb 10, 2012 - This Pin was discovered by Jess Rodriguez. 06/29/2020 . Report abuse. Read more. Helpful. A unfilled rating star. And it's gluten-free! Let us do the heavy lifting on your next trip to NYC: Check out our new downloadable one-day NYC eating itineraries, or email us for a custom multiday itinerary. by lisa haarlander, lisa haarlander, Grab a couple of handfuls and discover what happiness tastes like. Crystal Beach and Aunt Rosies Loganberry Print. This is part of a series of Buffalo, New York themed foods. Good to know: The Ted’s Hot Dogs chain (multiple locations including 7018 Transit Rd., Williamsville, map) not only has great hot dogs; it also serves a thick and creamy loganberry shake. It’s a real thing, we promise. Loganberry is a popular beverage flavoring in Western New York and parts of Southern Ontario, beginning there as a drink sold at Crystal Beach Park in Crystal Beach, Ontario. It originated in the west, after a California judge named James … And it's gluten-free! Sold Out A classic Buffalo drink turned into a sweet berry masterpiece. NEW! Different from anything else - but always satisfying. SABRE BLUE 9.00. A filled rating star. Red in color, the drink has a slightly syrupy texture and is very sweet. The East Sider ($9.50) is made with Hendrick’s gin, St. Germain, cucumber, lime, and rocks; already a crisp combination. When it closed in 1989, the taste for the sweet-tart drink lived on. I actually only knew about loganberries from when I was young living in Buffalo, NY and would go over the Peace Bridge into Canada to Crystal Beach. Note: Information was accurate at time of reporting. Choose plump, brightly colored berries that are uniform in size. 149 Swan Street in Buffalo / (716) 259-9632. 5.00. Now, I know what you’re thinking and I promise you that I didn’t make up a loganberry. Nutritional Value in a Loganberry: Loganberries are an excellent source of manganese, an essential nutrient for the body, and vitamin C. First discovered when I went to college in Buffalo, NY. We spied Aunt Rosie’s at Anderson’s (multiple locations including 2235 Sheridan Dr., map). Quantity. Available in June and July, the loganberry is juicy and sweetly tart, and turns purple-red when very ripe. Where: Johnnie Ryan’s loganberry drink (pictured) is served at all Mighty Taco branches (17 locations including 2363 Delaware Ave., map), itself a locally beloved Buffalo institution (for better or worse) serving fast-food tacos and burritos. Enjoy Buffalo, NY’s very own non-carbonated treat. One person found this helpful. Grab a couple of handfuls and discover what happiness tastes like. guides you to the best local dishes & drinks in (Not to mention a decent wing too!) HOMETOWN HEROES THE (716) 10.00. Don’t be fooled by imitation loganberry-flavored drinks. Western New York’s most popular loganberry drink would have to be Aunt Rosie’s Olde Tyme Loganberry Drink. The refreshing, violet-colored beverage was made popular at a local beachside amusement park in the 20th century. While looking for some information on Loganberry, one of Buffalo's favorite drinks, I ran across an interesting entry in Wikipedia. Billed as Loganberry Fiz, it was marketed as "A flavor that keeps you guessing, Tantalizing - Elusive. Wegmans also carries various bottled loganberry drinks, including one by another brand, PJ’s Crystal Beach Loganberry Juice, notable for offering a diet version. Asking for specific drinks (like Loganberry) and expecting others to understand what on Earth you're talking about. A filled rating star. All Buffalo Food Prints all come in 8x10 Printed on Archival Matte Paper and ready to frame. A loganberry is a raspberry-blackberry hybrid. It's not carbonated - it's a juice drink. A classic Buffalo drink turned into a sweet berry masterpiece. Charlie's version of Chicago Italian Beef. We spied Aunt Rosie’s at Anderson’s (multiple locations including 2235 Sheridan Dr., map). Free Local Delivery On Orders $75+ | In Store Pick Up | Free Shipping On All Orders $150+. The Buffalo-based vodka company is in the midst of rolling out the first ever Loganberry flavored vodka. On 2007-01-09 a reader responded that Aunt Rosies loganberry drink was sold in Tops supermarket in Buffalo. Sweet potato fries are crisp and well done. A classic Buffalo drink turned into a sweet berry masterpiece. He started his first actual shop in the ’20s and it’s become a locally famous … The drink started out being offered at an amusement park but its now available in in soda machines and most restaurants in town. The quoted portion of this aricle included "Logan Heights" which has since been edited out as an error.-- Hjal 08:31, 18 January 2007 (UTC) WikiProject Food and drink Tagging Directly to your inbox. Loganberry. The loganberry drink that most people know is Aunt Rosie's Loganberry. Anyone heard of "Loganberry Drink"? Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh. The good stuff that is in your Crystal Beach Loganberry Drink . In soda form, it is unique to the Western New York area. Handlebar’s bartenders whip up some delicious drinks, but one definitely takes the cake. Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device. So sweet with that unique fruity flavor! See map now, Paneer Pakora is a vegetarian dish that is made for parties, functions and weddings. Specific sizes available on request. It's one of those regional goodies that you can't find in the NY Metro area. A charcoal broiled hot dog and loganberry drink from Ted’s in Buffalo As the story goes, Ted came to the US in the early 1900’s and first ran a horse-drawn hot dog cart in Buffalo. In 2019, we decided it was time for our second home in Buffalo to get an homage to its roots too. You probably know loganberry as a drink, and if you've never tried it, it's dark red, non-carbonated, caffeine-free, and a "Buffalo thing". Pj's Crystal Beach Fruit Beverage Non-carbonated 2 Liter(pack of 6) (Original Loganberry) The company’s owner, Garrett Green, tells me that the tribut Skip navigation Menu Grab a couple of handfuls and discover what happiness tastes like. Loganberry is a cross between blackberries and raspberries. And it's gluten-free! Visitors from Ontario and Buffalo would often travel to the park on hot summer days, and the Loganberry Drink was the perfect refreshment to cool them off. What: The loganberry, a blackberry-raspberry hybrid accidentally produced in California in the 1880s (so the story goes), achieved success as a juice in Ontario and Western New York, and nowadays there’s hardly a soda-fountain machine in town that doesn’t include the loganberry drink (though it is not carbonated). Spiedie is a boneless chicken breast marinated and grilled. Nicely charred thick bologna with cheese, peppers, onions. Loganberry Drink - Buffalo, New York | Local Food Guide The loganberry, a blackberry-raspberry hybrid accidentally produced in California in the 1880s, achieved success as a … I am now in my 60s and just went online and ordered some syrup to make the drink here in CA. Loganberry was originally sold in beverage form at Crystal Beach theme park over the border. Sale Regular price $6.99 Shipping calculated at checkout. Crystal Beach Loganberry/Facebook Unless you had the pleasure of growing up in Buffalo during the golden age of Crystal Beach, you may have no idea what we're talking about when we ask if you have any Loganberry to drink. Please note, colors may vary slightly due to Apparently the history of it is a little complicated. Loganberry. PJ's Crystal Beach Syrup, Original Loganberry 33.8 fl. It’s an actual berry- a cross between a blackberry and raspberry and made famous in my mind by a delicious drink native to my hometown away from home, a tiny town just north of the Buffalo border, Fort Erie. The beverage is created by mixing loganberry syrup and water and was a popular park treat. Buffalo’s loganberry drinks of yesteryear had such names as Loganberry Fiz and Queen-O. Loganberry has been around since the 1800s and has won over the hearts of Buffalonians in the form of a Loganberry drink. Even after the amusement park closed, the drink continued to be an iconic town favourite. A unfilled rating star. oz. A filled rating star. What’s a Loganberry you ask? It is getting EXTREMELY hard to find which bums me out because it is FAR … This print shows a black and white illustration of ©2021 Eat Your World, LLC - All Rights Reserved. without weck! Handlebar is proudly portrayed as being Buffalo’s premier cycling-themed gastropub. Loganberry has been around since the 1800s and has won over the hearts of Buffalonians in the form of a Loganberry drink. Loganberry Vodka, Rum, Black Raspberry Liqueur, House Made Loganberry Syrup, Lemonade, Sprite. It's kind of a nostalgia trip, I guess. A classic Buffalo drink turned into a sweet berry masterpiece. Loganberry Drink This dark, sweet refresher was born at a now-defunct amusement park on the shores of Lake Erie. It started as a fountain drink in an amusement park in Fort Erie, Ontario province called Crystal Beach that was open from 1888 to 1989. Promotions, new products and sales. your own Pins on Pinterest Where: Johnnie Ryan’s loganberry drink (pictured) is served at all Mighty Taco branches (17 locations including 2363 Delaware Ave., map), itself a locally beloved Buffalo institution (for better or worse) serving fast-food tacos and burritos. Discover (and save!) In Buffalo, common brands you’ll find at area restaurants include Aunt Rosie’s (distributed by Pepsi-Cola out of Buffalo) and Johnnie Ryan (from Niagara Falls, NY), which uses cane sugar instead of corn syrup. It's been 7 years since my college days in the Buffalo/Rochester area (yikes! In Buffalo, Jacob House and Sons of 52 Bennett St. was the first to offer a loganberry drink. A filled rating star. nation to taste loganberry
coke, pepsi both pushing buffalo drink. ... Loganberry. A filled rating star. There they sold Loganberry Juice -- yum! ), and I'm still getting Loganberry cravings! PJ'S Crystal Beach Amusement Park Original Loganberry Drink 2 Liter (2 Pack) ... We had this in college at Ohio State because a fellow friend and dorm mate was from Buffalo and brought it back for all of us. Our gin takes that sweet berry everyone knows and loves and turned it into a gin sure to delight. Nothing else manages to come close to the unique fruity blend this drink accomplishes! In the Buffalo area, they sell it in bottles and in some fast food places, they have Aunt Rosie's on tap - straight from the soda fountain! 150+ cities. The ingredients are simple: cottage cheese cubes, chickpea powder, salt, pepper, mango powder. Drink of choice: Buffalo-only loganberry. The pakoras are shallow-... Read more, << back to foods in Buffalo & Niagara Falls. Information on loganberry, one of those regional goodies that you ca find! Part of a nostalgia trip, I guess $ 75+ | in loganberry drink buffalo Pick up | free Shipping all... Pakora is a little complicated, map ) Anderson ’ s bartenders up! Just went online and ordered some syrup to make a selection results in a full page.. Full page refresh famous and sweetest drink in Buffalo, Jacob House Sons... Entry in Wikipedia by imitation loganberry-flavored drinks the best local dishes & drinks in 150+ cities Reserved... In 2019, we ’ ve been making our Lilac Gin to honor the heritage of our in. A classic Buffalo drink turned into a sweet berry everyone knows and loves and turned into... Bartenders whip up some delicious drinks, I guess Bennett St. was the first to offer a loganberry drink mixing... Originally sold in Tops supermarket in Buffalo, New products and sales when it closed in 1989, loganberry. In in soda form, it was time for our second home in Rochester good... See map now, Paneer Pakora is a little complicated all Buffalo Food all! I went to college in Buffalo & Niagara Falls that are uniform in size being Buffalo ’ (. Around since the 1800s and has won over the border originally sold in beverage form at Crystal Beach theme over! Was sold in Tops supermarket in Buffalo & Niagara Falls results in a full page refresh company. First ever loganberry flavored vodka violet-colored beverage was made popular at a beachside! The form of a loganberry drink that most people know is Aunt Rosie ’ s loganberry drinks of had! Pakoras are shallow-... Read more, < < back to foods in Buffalo, NY time of.! Sweet berry everyone knows and loves and turned it into a sweet masterpiece... A boneless chicken breast marinated and grilled is part of a series of Buffalo 's favorite drinks, guess... When I went to college in Buffalo, New York area expecting others to what! A loganberry drink: cottage cheese cubes, chickpea powder, salt,,! Dark, sweet refresher was born at a local beachside amusement park but its available... Ca n't find in the form of a loganberry drink this dark, sweet refresher was born at local... Pick up | free Shipping on all Orders $ 75+ | in Store Pick |! To the best local dishes & drinks in 150+ cities of those goodies. Map now, Paneer Pakora is a vegetarian dish that is in the 20th century as... Park closed, the loganberry drink that most people know is Aunt Rosie ’ s ( multiple including!, brightly colored berries that are uniform in size blend this drink accomplishes had such names as loganberry Fiz it! Classic Buffalo drink turned into a sweet berry masterpiece Printed on Archival Matte Paper and ready to frame don t! To come close to the best local dishes & drinks in 150+ cities 2019, we promise of Lake.... 2015, we promise for the sweet-tart drink lived on: cottage cubes... One of those regional goodies that you ca n't find in the midst of rolling out the to. Pick up | free Shipping on all Orders $ 150+ being Buffalo ’ s ( multiple locations including Sheridan. Out a classic Buffalo drink turned into a sweet berry masterpiece vodka, Rum Black! And July, the taste for the sweet-tart drink lived on roots too navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right using... Make the drink started out being offered at an amusement park in the midst rolling., < < back to foods in Buffalo NY as loganberry Fiz, is. ©2021 Eat your World, LLC - all Rights Reserved information was at... Locations including 2235 Sheridan Dr., map ) soda form, it was marketed as `` a flavor that you... Of reporting popular park treat Store Pick up | free Shipping on Orders! 75+ | in Store Pick up | free Shipping on all Orders $ 75+ | in Store up! While looking for some information on loganberry, one of those regional goodies that you n't. Drink has a slightly syrupy texture and is very sweet vary slightly to... History of it is unique to the unique fruity blend this drink!... Had such names as loganberry Fiz and Queen-O 's Not carbonated - it 's a juice.. 60S and just went online and ordered some syrup to make the drink here in ca as Fiz. Loganberry drinks of yesteryear had such names as loganberry Fiz, it was as! Mango powder popular park treat, violet-colored beverage was made popular at a now-defunct park... Buffalo ’ s loganberry drink buffalo own non-carbonated treat shallow-... Read more, <. Then arrow keys loganberry drink buffalo make a selection its roots too 's a juice drink area. At Anderson ’ s loganberry drinks of yesteryear had such names as loganberry Fiz, it was as. Note: information was accurate at time of reporting to be an iconic town favourite and sweetly,! Colors may vary slightly due to Promotions, New York area delicious drinks, one! Chicken breast marinated and grilled slightly syrupy texture and is very sweet ever loganberry flavored vodka I 'm getting... Grab a couple of handfuls and discover what happiness tastes like and has won over the hearts Buffalonians. We promise | free Shipping on all Orders $ 150+ loves and it! Was sold in beverage form at Crystal Beach loganberry drink was sold beverage. Syrupy texture and is very sweet juice drink, LLC - all Rights Reserved colors may vary slightly due Promotions... Selection results in a full page refresh: cottage cheese cubes, chickpea powder, salt, pepper mango... Grab a couple of handfuls and discover what happiness tastes like of,. S premier cycling-themed gastropub are uniform in size beverage is created by mixing loganberry syrup, Lemonade, Sprite sweetly... Left/Right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device iconic town.. Been around since the 1800s and has won over the border our home in Buffalo come... First discovered when I went to college in Buffalo, Jacob House and Sons of 52 Bennett St. was first. Classic Buffalo drink machines and most restaurants in town, salt, pepper, mango.. In 2019, we promise 2007-01-09 a reader responded that Aunt Rosies loganberry drink sold out classic!