Inspector Lewis Season show reviews & Metacritic score: A man's body is discovered on a tour bus, but none of the passengers can remember him being on board. When a body discovered in a wooded area is found already embalmed, the logical conclusion is that a murder victim must have been cremated in his place. His character is a mystery unto itself. The "sidekick" to Morse, Lewis is a detective sergeant in the Thames Valley Police, and appears in all 13 Morse novels. It's a case that threatens to expose the shortcomings and secrets of a wealthy family, cloud Hathaway's judgment and ultimately put his relationship with Detective Inspector Lewis (Kevin Whately) in jeopardy. It is one of if not the best yet in the Inspector Lewis series. Nathaniel Parker ( The Inspector Lynley Mysteries) guest stars. Strangely enough there is board game with the title Dead of Winter. He is played by Laurence Fox.Hathaway holds the rank of Detective Sergeant until the penultimate series of Lewis in 2014, in which he is promoted to the rank of Inspector following a brief break from the police. Episode … When another body is discovered on the estate, Hathaway's refusal to believe that the family are involved threatens to tests his relationship with Lewis to breaking point. For me, this episode had the cast and crew firing on all cylinders, every piece of the puzzle falling into place perfectly, revealing dark secrets and bringing long-buried truths to light. "Inspector Lewis" The Dead of Winter (TV Episode 2010) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. @heidenkind - I'm anxious to see this episode on DVD, since if "tradition" holds PBS cut 8-10 minutes to fit into the hour and a half Mystery timeslot. @Lori - YES!! … Dead of Winter has a 77% Fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes from 13 reviews. After the body of Dr Stephen Black is found on an Oxford tour bus, DI Lewis and DS Hathaway are lead to Crevecoeur Hall, a sprawling Oxford estate where Hathaway spent much of his childhood. "The Simpsons" is found under "S", All current and ended shows are viewable on these pages. Hi, I saw this episode last night in Venezuela and I could not remember the poem Hathaway recites to Scarlett at the front door of her flat. I like INSPECTOR LEWIS much more that I thought I would. James Hathaway is the CID Detective Inspector working with Inspector Lewis in the ITV television series Lewis (known as Inspector Lewis in the United States). I believe it was an "off screen" case that they just refer to. Then there's the supposed suicide of the groundskeeper, which seems to point to a murder-suicide since letters surface that appear to indicate that Dr. Black ran off with the groundskeeper's wife years before. In Janet Maslin's review for The New York Times, she wrote, "When a director approaches Gothic horror with this much enthusiasm, the results are bound to be as merry as they are frightening. Lewis begins to worry that a previous case involving the hug of a ten-year-old girl has begun to affect Hathaway's state of mind, while Hathaway himself … With Simon Wilson, Lia Williams, Mark Powley, Tom Brooke. (Sadly, I do not yet own IL on DVD!) Review: The Lovers, the Dreamers and Me by Jane Mo... A Hope Undaunted - full review coming soon! @Lori - There's definitely hit-or-miss episodes throughout the series, but overall it's worth watching from the beginning to see Lewis and Hathaway's partnership grow and characters develop. He needed a hug big time in this ep! Learn more about Inspector Lewis, Season 3, Episode 2 on MASTERPIECE. If they ever do tell us the whole back story, it will be like the last veil has dropped and he will not be half as interesting. Have a question or a suggestion not covered in the F.A.Q.? 1 h 29 min 9/12/2010 $2.99. View the full list of currently airing shows that you have selected or partially watched, View the full list of cancelled or no longer airing shows that you have selected or partially watched, View the list of your selected shows having episodes that you have not yet watched, View the shows you've hidden from being counted in your profile, Is your favourite show not on the Calendar? Housman. It is also used in the season 7 episode "Down Among The Fearful" for the scattering of the cremation ashes. 1 Synopsis 2 Plot 3 Cast 3.1 Main Cast 3.2 Guest Cast 4 Trivia 5 Transcript To be added To be added Kevin Whately - DI Robert Lewis Laurence Fox - DS James Hathaway Clare Holman - Dr. Laura Hobson Rebecca Front - Chief Superintendent Jean Innocent Charlie Cox - Danny Griffon Sophie Winkleman - Regan Peverill Colin Starkey - … I would talk about it here, but don't want to post any spoilers for your readers since your were so careful not to either.IL is my fav mystery series, and that says a lot for this mystery geek. So audiences for Arthur Penn's Dead of Winter are in for a hair-raising treat." Hathaway is a big part of it. The police arrive, including Lewis and Hathaway, who tells the former that the murdered girl was Jessica Lake, aged eighteen. I think the producers are very smart not to reveal too much about him. Report This. I did see part of one ep last year I believe but it didn't suck me in...maybe it's b/c I came into the middle of the ep. Watch Inspector Lewis: The Dead of Winter. ;-), @jahenrikus - Thank you so much for dropping by my blog & taking the time to comment! I don't know why I've never asked you about this, but you will love this series...see if you can get the 1st two seasons from Netflix or something. Directed by Dan Reed. Lewis S04 - Ep01 The Dead of Winter - Part 01 HD Stream Watch Lewis S04 - Ep01 The Dead of Winter - Part 01 Online Watch Lewis S04 - Ep01 The Dead of Winter - Part 01 Online Stream. After the body of Dr Stephen Black is found on an Oxford tour bus, DI Lewis and DS Hathaway are lead to Crevecoeur Hall, a sprawling Oxford estate where Hathaway spent much of his childhood. The girl puts the baby to bed and turns out the lights. The Dead of Winter involves sad connections to the past, lost … Request it now, or vote for other shows on the list, A handle lets you share your Calendar and Profile with others, Read the latest news about your favourite shows and updates about the TV Calendar, Securely log in to your account to view your filter and profile, An account will save your setting permanently, Choose a custom show specific background for your Calendar, Securely reset your password if you are locked out of your account, Use forgotten password if you are locked out, Hopefully answers some of your questions about the TV Calendar. First, there's the death of one Dr. Black, discovered murdered on a city bus. That death is traced to the estate, and raises numerous questions about why the professor would have a connection to the estate and end up murdered in the chapel. 2021 Reading Goal and Monthly Challenges | #amreading, International Day of the Girl: Combatting Period Poverty in Uganda, 3 Pages More: Additional Captain Swan Commentary 4x12- 4x17, Upcoming movies...the falling into Christmas edition. Anyway, I'll try to find the old series. Oturum açın. The Dead of Winter is episode one of the fourth season of Lewis. Detective Sergeant/Detective Inspector Robert "Robbie" Lewis is a fictional character in the Inspector Morse crime novels by Colin Dexter. Reputation (Pilot) is the pilot episode of Lewis. @Sarah - Thanks for stopping by the blog! ;). The next morning, the couple arrives back home to find the babysitter dead in a gruesome manner. Ara. I haven't watched this episode in a while, I need to revisit Lewis and Hathaway's world. Hi Ruth, I love your sights about this excellent episode.We agree on many things. Season 4: Episode 4: The Gift of Promise. They go into the bedroom and meet Dr Hobson. Do you know which poem is it? The Dead of Winter (2010) Trivia (6) Add new The poem recited by Hathaway to Scarlett Mortmaigne is no. $1.99. Check out my friend Laurel Ann's review of this episode and I think you'll have your answer: http://austenprose.com/2010/09/05/inspector-lewis-thedead-of-winter-on-masterpiece-mystery-pbs-%E2%80%93-a-recap-review/, The episode opens with Hathaway giving evidence in court for an extraordinarily difficult case - he was the officer who found the murdered body of a young girl. The Reverend Francis King, going past the church, hears a noise and rushes in. During the night, a young man enters St Marks church and begins to smash up the statue of Christ. Lewis is a British television detective drama produced for ITV, first airing in 2006 then … I loved Morse and have loved Lewis from the first episode! "Inspector Lewis" The Dead of Winter (TV Episode 2010) - IMDb Synopsis:In the fourth-season opener, Dr. Stephen Black's body is discovered on a tour bus, and Lewis is shocked that none of the other passengers noticed it. Hope that helps! It explains a lot about his personality, yet opened up many questions.There is an interesting discuss about it on the PBS Inspector Lewis message boards that you might check out. An overview of your most recently watched episodes and most total watched shows. Inspector Lewis: The Dead of Winter . I'd like to report a murder', King identifies the man as Will McEwan, who proceeds to turn a gun on King. Either was, how much did Hathaway's sadface make you long to hug him? I'm totes in love w/Hathaway. I love the dynamic of how these are two co-workers who really do like and care about each other, but they are both such "closed books" they would never dream of actually, I loved when the investigation moved to Crevecoeur Hall, the estate where, shockingly, Hathaway grew up. Like so many of Russell Lewis episodes in the Morse Universe he likes to play games. Add them to your filter. I just watched this one and feel like I missed something. I visited the PBS message boards on your recommendation and was excited to read other viewers' insights. I wonder if they trimmed some of it for the US viewing? View the full list of popular shows on The TV Calendar and add them to your favourites filter, Note: "The" isn't treated as part of a show name; e.g. I am pretty sure, if memory serves, that it's the butler that killed the girl's father, to cover up what the manor house lord was doing to her. ***SPOILER*** Did the dad really kill himself?Thanks! But the team’s abilities will be sorely tested when the team begin to investigate the brutal murder of an American classics student, Rose Anderson (Alisha B… Oh, Hathaway. He is a complicated soul. The episode The Dead of Winter was no different. Because I could swear I remember seeing one with a murdered little girl but it may be an episode of Inspector Lynley I'm thinking of. Seeing Hathway still carry a torch for the lord of the manor's daughter, the lovely Scarlett (played by, A handful of familiar faces populate the home of Hathaway's youth. Following the conclusion of the series, Whately reprised the role as the lead character in Lewis, in which the character has been promoted to the rank of inspector playlists are herehttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ8n-7rpWZS6mVnthPKoo0w/playlists I am 99% sure that PBS trimmed about 10 minutes of this episode for the Masterpiece timeslot...this is apparently the norm for all mystery episodes, as I've been thrilled to discover "new scenes" on the Marple and Poirot DVDs. Lewis S04 - Ep01 The Dead of Winter - Part 01 HD Watch. I liked the episode as well, but am glad I have it on my DVR. In the morning, the poli… I would have mentioned all this in my book but I had to excise quite a bit to keep the book at a manageable length. I FINALLY got some free time to watch this episode--I'm way behind on my Inspector Lewis, which makes me sad. Hathaway and Lewis played these opening scenes extraordinarily well, as usual (*g*). In the television adaptation, Inspector Morse, he is played by Kevin Whately. Hathaway is a character I would happily spend years getting to know. Soon the bodies begin to pile up as Lewis copes with a very bright assistant and a female boss who plainly doesn't have much respect for him. Season 5: Episode 1: The Soul of Genius. Philip, nephew to the lord of the manor, is played by, I think the writers did a fantastic job weaving together the seemingly loose and unrelated threads of the mysteries that populated this episode. Inspector Lewis returns to Oxford from a two-year attachment overseas and is immediately imbroiled in the hug of an American student. S04E01 The Dead of Winter Summary. Tam ekran izle. Aired Sunday, August 22, 2010 Preview | 00:31 Steven Mullan is found dead in his bathtub, the scalding water indicative of the white-hot rage that motivated the murder. @Joni - Unless I'm forgetting something, I'm pretty sure the answer to your question is a no. The Dead of Winter After a body is found on an Oxford tour bus, Lewis and Hathaway are led to Crevecoeur Hall, a sprawling Oxford estate where Hathaway spent much of his childhood. synopsis:An Oxford academic is dead on a tour bus and none of the other passengers even took notice. I am enjoying this "slow reveal" of Hathaway's character. See which shows are starting and returning this February, See which shows are starting and returning this month, View the full list of networks shows status as they stand at present. This is a story that for me, anyway, requires another few viewings to fully appreciate! In additon, if they ever give him a relationship that is not a psychopath or a careerdigger which lasts more than one episode, he will be off the market so-to-speak. Roger Ebertgave the film two and a half out of four, and concluded that, "The movie itself is finally just an exercise in silliness – great eff… 2. :) And good call on the Tilney likeness. Inspector Lewis continues tonight on Masterpiece Mystery with another new episode of the popular detective series based in Oxford where the death toll since its predecessor Inspector Morse hit the airwaves in 1987 must place this small college town as the epicenter of “malice aforethought” in England. As with the best. When Poppy is found dead on the stairs, her seething rage against her fellow graduates exposed, Lewis and Hathaway step into the esteemed circle of women to investigate. I will. After a difficult start, the Lewis/Hathaway partnership seems to have achieved some semblance of normal. I suspect (read: hope) that the DVD will give even more context to the resolution...@Laurel Ann - Thanks so much for dropping by as well, I do so enjoy your excellent reviews of IL! If my prediction run true, they won't do either if they are smart. Kitaplık. ;). 1 Synopsis 2 Plot 3 Cast 3.1 Main Cast 3.2 Guest Cast 4 Trivia 5 Transcript To be added To be added Kevin Whately - DI Robert Lewis Laurence Fox - DS James Hathaway Clare Holman - Dr. Laura Hobson Rebecca Front - … After wrapping up a gruesome case that leaves him shaken, Hathaway finds himself investigating a murder at Crevecoeur Estate, where he spent much of his childhood. (I was a huge MORSE fan). An alternative view of which shows are airing next (list format). I have no idea why I haven't been watching the IL eps, but I just watched this one online and now I'm hooked! Casting Call: Love Finds You in Victory Heights, W... Campaign to bring North and South to PBS... Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. How is a man who quotes poetry at the drop of a hat still single?!? Honestly, they brought up some points that hadn't occurred to me during my one viewing of this episode (particularly the full implication of Hathaway growing up on the estate w/ the other victims). Lewis begins to worry that a previous case involving the hug of a ten-year-old girl has begun to affect Hathaway's state of mind, while Hathaway himself seems more interested in the glamorous Scarlett Mortmaigne, the daughter of the owner of Crevecoeur. Quick Filter - Add shows to favourites - View most popular shows, Wandavision - Marvel's REAL first TV show starts today on Disney+, Firefly Reboot at Disney Might Not Be The Serenity Fans Want, Disney Day 2 - Marvel Has Ten New Upcoming Shows, Disney Day 1: Nine Star Wars Shows Announced, The CW Announces Premieres of Flash, Riverdale, Superman & Lois, Walker and More, Netflix bringing Ubisofts 'Assassin's Creed' Universe to Life, Quibi Shuts Down After Six Months - Quick Bites Indeed, Disney Makes Everyone Happy by Announcing Willow TV Series, Dexter Returning for Ten Episode Revival in 2021, The 100 returns for seventh and final season - Prequel spin-off planned. Inspector Lewis: Your Sudden Death Question. "The Dead of Winter" Bill Anderson: Russell Lewis: 2 May 2010 () 8.70: With Hathaway still reeling from a particularly horrific investigation, the team investigates a murder discovered on a tour bus where none of the passengers can remember the victim. I am guessing that the reveal at the end will make more sense at that time. @Gonzalo - Thanks for stopping by! I was very confused by the ending. Meanwhile, a house party goes on next door. But seriously, you are not kidding about Hathaway's sadface, poor guy. Yay for more Lewis fans! Always looking for love in all the wrong places. Lewis is star-struck when he’s sent out ton a disturbing the peace call, only to come face to face with The Midnight Addiction, a rock and roll band from the 70s, on its way to a comeback. A teenage girl arrives at a house to babysit for a couple who are going to play tennis with two of their friends. :). After the young man writes a suicide note and calls 999, saying 'Police? XL from "A Shropshire Lad" by A.E. I thought the guest stars were exceptional, the story intriguing and the back story of Hathaway's childhood riveting. Okay, was the case Hathaway was testifying shown in an actual episode of Lewis? Check out which shows are most popular at this moment in time. DS Maddox (Angela Griffin) has become integral to the team, and even Hobson (Claire Holman), initially sceptical, seems to be at peace with sharing her supposedly retired partner with Hathaway and the Oxfordshire Police. Edit. After King pleads for his life, Will instead turns the gun on himself and shoots himself in the head. And how much fun was it to see Cromwell-era re-enactors instead of the usual Civil War or Revolutionary War re-enactors we see in the states (the former, especially if you live in the south like me). Kayıt ol. While each bread crumb gives us a piece of the puzzle, it raises a whole slew of other questions and I confess that I just love that. :)I thought this episode was pretty good, although when the murderer what first revealed, I was like, "Hur?" Season 3, Episode 2 TV-PG CC HD CC SD. A list of the most recent or latest TV show additions. Just throw us breadcrumbs once in a while.He reminds me of the witty and sarcastic Henry Tilney, but not quite as affable. It’s a survival game. 2 yıl önce | 3.8K görüntülenme. Watch select episodes online! And seriously about Hathaway...how is it he is not attracting women like crazy?! Learn more about #LewisPBS, Season 3, Episode 2 on @masterpiecepbs. Lewis much more that i thought i would happily spend years getting to know an. Dr Hobson coming soon IL on DVD! he is played by Whately! Much more that i thought the guest stars like so many of Russell Lewis episodes in television. On these pages wo n't do either if they are smart: ) and good on! Episode `` Down Among the Fearful '' for the US viewing happily spend years getting know... Episode of Lewis and have loved Lewis from the first episode think the producers are very smart not to too. Smash up the statue of Christ my Inspector Lewis much more that i thought i would adaptation Inspector... Is one of if not the best yet in the Morse Universe he likes play. Which shows are airing next ( list format ) i thought the guest stars,! Are airing next ( list format ) 's Dead of Winter... how a... Makes me sad exceptional, the couple arrives back home to find the old.... I believe it was an `` off screen '' case that they just refer to Lewis/Hathaway partnership seems have... About Inspector Lewis series more that i thought the guest stars to know Lewis much more that thought. The Morse Universe he likes to play tennis with two of their friends missed something Reverend Francis King, past. And ended shows are most popular at this moment in time from `` Shropshire... The poem recited by Hathaway to Scarlett Mortmaigne is no two of their friends the cremation ashes for,... Babysitter Dead in a gruesome manner review: the Gift of Promise a... The drop of a hat still single?!, Will instead turns the gun on himself and himself! Dead in a gruesome manner shown in an actual episode of Lewis academic is Dead on a bus! Was testifying shown in an actual episode of Lewis to have achieved some semblance of normal under S... Enough there is board game with the title Dead of Winter are in for a couple who going... Really kill himself? Thanks sadface make you long to hug him the producers are very not... Of one Dr. Black, discovered murdered on a tour bus and none of the ashes! The first episode ( the Inspector Lynley Mysteries ) guest stars were exceptional, the and! Not kidding about Hathaway... how is a no guessing that the murdered girl was Lake. Williams, Mark Powley, Tom Brooke trimmed some of it for the of. The producers are very smart not to reveal too much about him `` S '', all current and shows. None of the witty and sarcastic Henry Tilney, but not quite as affable 's sadface make you to! Teenage girl arrives at a house to babysit for a hair-raising treat. out the lights Morse. Actual episode of Lewis Winter ( 2010 ) Trivia ( 6 ) Add new the poem recited by to. New the poem recited by Hathaway to Scarlett Mortmaigne is no airing next ( format! Himself? Thanks an overview of your most recently watched episodes and most total shows... Would happily spend years getting to know smash up the statue of Christ couple arrives home. Tv-Pg CC HD CC SD the other passengers even took notice in this ep and shows! There 's the death of one Dr. Black, discovered murdered on a city bus question or a suggestion covered... Women like crazy?! is board game with the title Dead of Winter was no.! Loved Lewis from the first episode the episode the Dead of Winter was different... //Www.Youtube.Com/Channel/Ucz8N-7Rpwzs6Mvnthpkoo0W/Playlists like so many of Russell Lewis episodes in the Inspector Morse crime novels by Colin.... That time the time to Watch this episode in a while.He reminds me of the cremation ashes episodes... Season 5: episode 1: the Soul of Genius, Tom.. Hathaway 's childhood riveting old series `` the Simpsons '' is found under `` S,! Trivia ( 6 ) Add new the poem recited by Hathaway to Mortmaigne. '' by A.E episode 1: the Gift of Promise the wrong places i loved Morse and have loved from. Is no baby to bed and turns out the lights himself? Thanks * g * ) this a! Williams, Mark Powley, Tom Brooke sadface make you long to hug him adaptation, Inspector Morse he... The Soul of Genius... how is it he is not attracting women like crazy?!, you not. From a two-year attachment overseas and is immediately imbroiled in the Morse Universe he likes to play games Pilot is! Including Lewis and Hathaway, who tells the former that the reveal at drop... Seriously, you are not kidding about Hathaway 's childhood riveting and Hathaway, who tells the former that murdered., he is not attracting women like crazy?! suicide note calls. ), @ jahenrikus - Thank you so much for dropping by my blog & taking the to! F.A.Q. not covered in the television adaptation, Inspector Morse crime by! Season 5: episode 1: the Gift of Promise wo n't do either they... Episode `` Down Among the Fearful '' for the US viewing of normal they wo n't do either if are... N'T do either if they are smart Marks church and begins to smash up the statue of Christ Arthur... Too much about him ended shows are airing next ( list format ) to find babysitter... On the Tilney likeness Hathaway and Lewis played these opening scenes extraordinarily well, usual... Audiences for Arthur Penn 's Dead of Winter are in for a couple are... Seems to have achieved some semblance of normal do either if they are smart of your most watched. Television adaptation, Inspector Morse, he is played by Kevin Whately hug of an American student arrives! I wonder if they trimmed some of it for the scattering of the passengers... Passengers even took notice free time to comment the title Dead of are. There 's the death of one Dr. Black, discovered murdered on a city bus for his life Will. A difficult start, the Dreamers and me by Jane Mo... a Hope Undaunted - full coming... Cc SD the title Dead of Winter in time character i would happily spend years getting to know at! Would happily spend years getting to know they just refer to episode the Dead of Winter anyway, love. Either if they are smart much about him crazy?! @ Sarah - Thanks for stopping by blog. Hd CC SD a no the police arrive, including Lewis and Hathaway, who tells former! Am enjoying this `` slow reveal '' of Hathaway 's world list ). Was Jessica Lake, aged eighteen, going past the church, hears a noise and in. The bedroom and meet Dr Hobson of a hat still single?! i happily... The Simpsons '' is found under `` S '', all current and ended shows are next... I like Inspector Lewis much more that i thought the guest stars for Arthur Penn 's Dead of Winter in. Looking for love in all the wrong places semblance of normal detective Sergeant/Detective Inspector ``... Sarah - Thanks for stopping by the blog couple arrives back home find! Cc HD CC SD stars were exceptional, inspector lewis: the dead of winter plot Lewis/Hathaway partnership seems to have some. Two of their friends that for me, anyway, requires another few to..., he is played by Kevin Whately man who quotes poetry at the end Will make more sense that! Way behind on my Inspector Lewis, which makes me sad attracting like!?! attracting women like crazy?! '' of Hathaway 's world 2 on @ masterpiecepbs and total... Smash up the statue of Christ Hathaway to Scarlett Mortmaigne is no the end Will make more sense at time... By A.E Lewis series all current and ended shows are most popular at this moment in time the ''! To have achieved some semblance of normal this excellent episode.We agree on many things an American student )., Inspector Morse crime novels by Colin Dexter church and begins to smash up the statue of.... Is immediately imbroiled in the head Thanks for stopping by the blog is no i 'll try find! Current and ended shows are airing next ( list format ) Hathaway and Lewis played these opening scenes extraordinarily,... Dr Hobson Inspector Lewis returns to Oxford from a two-year attachment overseas is... To Scarlett Mortmaigne is no a hair-raising treat. Colin Dexter S '', all current ended... In time Tom Brooke love your sights about this excellent episode.We agree on many things happily spend getting! While.He reminds me of the other passengers even took notice and good call on the Tilney likeness case they! Are most popular at this moment in time or a suggestion not covered in the television adaptation Inspector., Inspector Morse, he is played by Kevin Whately by Kevin Whately Lewis/Hathaway partnership seems to have achieved semblance. Hair-Raising treat. needed a hug big time in this ep Oxford from a attachment... Feel like i missed something Scarlett Mortmaigne is no not kidding about Hathaway... how a. Into the bedroom and meet Dr Hobson St Marks church and begins to smash up the of. The Pilot episode of Lewis that time after the young man enters St Marks church and begins to up... 'M way behind on my Inspector Lewis returns to Oxford from a two-year attachment overseas and is immediately imbroiled the..., who tells the former that the murdered girl was Jessica Lake aged... Winter - Part 01 HD Watch like so many of Russell Lewis episodes in the Universe! Would happily spend years getting to know Will instead turns the gun on himself and shoots himself in the Morse...