While all the fan connections are behind the shroud both fans must be replaced out the front of the shroud (red arrows). We took a look at affordable electric radiator fans, and we found that the Lincoln Mark VIII fan and some of Ford's other slightly smaller fans work best. Designed for heavy-duty applications where a Slim Line fan just won't cut it. So, what are you waiting for? Free shipping . A Slim 120mm fan is also known as a thin 120mm fan, low profile 120mm fan or 15mm thin 120mm fan. We use necessary cookies to make our site work. How to Install Electric Radiator Cooling Fan. EKWB XE radiator, even though significantly thicker, on low RPM is very close to our slim SE radiator in performance due to the fans having more trouble getting air through the 60mm thick radiator. Koyo radiator & slimline fans install/review. Fan Replacement: If you are replacing the fans you will need to move the radiator out of the way. The Mishimoto universal fan mount kit is used to mount a Mishimoto electric fan to any Mishimoto aluminum radiator. This is despite us specifically having award categories for low speed fans and for slim radiators. This fan can be used as an upgrade to the OEM fan for more efficient cooling or fitment issues with aftermarket products. This step can be done before everything else if you feel the urge to assemble everything first. this is a brand new fans dont wanna screw it up However, this robust fan is still thin enough to fit between your engine and radiator in most applications. Fan mounting brackets allow endless mounting locations for your fan. Debating between a Mishi, Koyo or C&R Racing radiator, in order of price. Take the time to get all the materials together as . Clearly manufacturers believe that the majority of users only use one set of fans. A pusher-style fan is best as a secondary cooling source. Next, you can do the wiring for the new fan. Tig Welded Aluminum Construction with Clean Natural Finish; Lighter and More Efficient than Conventional OE Radiator Combinations; Hybrid Dual 1-in. No one has statistics on the exact amount of course, but let’s assume this is true. So i was think of how to install it. Mounts fan in any convenient position; Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty; DESCRIPTION. Let us then set out to make a case for why this should be changed. After installing the radiator fan, you can bolt the radiator mounts back into place. so you thiunk it woul dbe better to mount two of them on the front like other one i did ive been reading up on mounting the slim fan on the front of the radiator and people say you have to flip the blade around. Whichever you choose, it's to your advantage to select a fan that covers as much of the radiator core as possible. A fan shroud gasket is available for the 16" fan to protect your radiator from the possibility fan damage. Best Slim 120mm Fans for use in Low Profile CPU coolers, Radiators, and Slim Small Form Factor (SFF) PC cases. Choosing the Type of Fan. More items to explore. $18.88. Slim electric fan installed on Ford Fiesta ST radiator prototype . Only 12 left in stock - order soon. The radiator seems to be built well, I went around it and checked the welds....not to bad. So i got a new alluminum radiator from mishimoto and it came with only one fan mount. Well... the install went well no major complications. $35.99 Universal 10 inch Black Slim Fan Push Pull Electric Radiator Cooling 12V 80W Mount Kit. Application. Necessary cookies. In addition to that, the amp draw of this electric radiator Is 12 amps and features an 80-watt motor. The UPGR8 electric slim fan is lightweight, has an ultra slim design so the fan can be installed flush against your radiator, or other applications. Step 3: Radiator/Slim Fan Assembly Guide *This will be done using Mishimoto’s universal installation kit. If you have a 3 wires going to your OEM fan (high/low speed set-up), wire the two positive wires to the blue wire on the Mishimoto fan, and the ground to the black wire on the Mishimoto fan. Under 4" in critical areas. The below installation instructions work for the followin. Performance Slim Radiator Fan. The fan blades of high static pressure fans are more curved and are directed towards the heat source. Heres the parts I've gotten and my end goal: PARTS: 14" SINGLE SLIM FAN 71 deg thermostat low temp fan switch CSR inline filler w/ 16 psi cap Evans coolant GOAL: *Delete the coolant ball and all hoses that go to it, the heater core, driver side of head. $16.95. Our use of cookies . $18.77. - Car Craft Magazine Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 20 of 21 Posts. This fan could also be reversed and used in front of your radiator. These slim fans are only 15mm thick and they can easily slip in tight spaces. In PC case they can be used as front fans, rear fans, and top-mounted fans. No modification or mounting is required. idk what to do. Marketing and analytics cookies. Free shipping . Page 1 of 1 Start over Page 1 of 1 . The noise is less than most of the convenient models, the gas mileage is also improved. Your email address will not be published. Best 120mm / 140mm Static Pressure Fans for Radiators, Heatsinks and Restricted Spaces in PC Case. Shop Parts in this Guide. So i email mishimoto and they are nice enough to send me an aftermarket fan with mounts. Slim electric fan installed on Ford Fiesta ST radiator prototype . Sleek Slim Design. Mishimoto 12in Performance Slim Electric Radiator Fan - Installation Instructions The below installation instructions work for the following products: Mishimoto 12in Performance Slim Electric Radiator Fan Please read through the instructions carefully before starting this project. To keep your engine cool and improve the horsepower and torque, it comes with quick warm up and cooldowns. With its slim design, the fan can easily be installed flush against a radiator. (P/N: MMFAN-MOUNT). I checked the fans to see if they even worked.....well they did and all to well almost cut my finger on the blades. MOSTPLUS Black Universal Electric Radiator Slim Fan Push/Pull 12V + Mounting Kit (10 Inch) Set of 2. Free shipping . Name * Email * Website. Various companies release marketing materials that will tell you that their fan is powerful, that it moves a lot of air and that the blades offer a focused flow of air. And installing this fan in the vehicle is made to be easy even for a non-professional. Next. UNIVERSAL SLIM 7" PULL/ PUSH RADIATOR ENGINE BAY COOLING FAN+ MOUNTING KIT RED. g products: • Mishimoto 14in. 4.4 out of 5 stars 518. The Mishimoto 12 inch Performance Slim Electric Radiator Fan has an ultra slim design making the it perfect to be installed flush against your Mustangs radiator to allow room for other aftermarket performance parts. Installation Time 2 hours Tools Required. The very first thing that you will need to do before you get started on setting up your cooling fan is to choose the right type of fan for your desired piece of machinery, whether it be your car or some other engine. 4.5 out of 5 stars 682. Mounting the auxiliary fan on the back side of the radiator (as you would do with a puller fan) maximizes exposure of the radiator's front side to cool air. MMFAN-HD: SPAL AUTOMOTIVE 12V LOW PROFILE ELECTRIC FANS for fuse and wiring is usefull for a professional look to your wiring installation. You would have to cut off the harness, yes and manually wire them in. Of course.. i'd like to replace it with something more reliable. It comes with the universal fan mounting kit which make it easy to install. Find an electric fan to keep your street car cool today and get back out on the road! Don’t be fooled! We start our list with this high-quality Electric Radiator Slim Fan by MOSTPLUS. Take the time to get all the materials together as well as all the safety equipment. One way is to find the orange and blue wire and connect it to the blue wire on the fan, and then connect the black wire from the harness to the black wire on the fan. Please see our article on radiator removal for further assistance. Only 3 left in stock - order soon. Share this Article: Facebook; Twitter; Reddit; Next Image. Aftermarket radiator fans (slim) - They work better than stock or what? Required fields are marked * Comment . the radiator fan is 10 Blades Push/Pull Type Fan. Universal Application. UNIVERSAL HIGH FLOW RACING SLIM RADIATOR FAN WITH INSTALLATION KIT 7" RED. PF-01. 7" inch Universal Slim Fan Push Pull Electric Radiator Cooling 12V Mount Kit. Leave a Reply Cancel reply. We would like your consent to collect this data to help us tailor the marketing you see. So I'm in the process of collecting parts for the 16v ABA conversion and I'm at the point where I'm working on the coolant system. Performance Slim Radiator Fan - Installation Instructions . Why Push/Pull? Ratchet; 8mm socket; 10mm socket; Pliers; Metal straps; Nuts, Washers, Bolts; Included Parts: Fan Shroud 16 inch electric fan Two bolts w/washers ; View PDF Guide. There will be a red and orange wire left. In this section, we’ll detail the entire process step-by-step for you. There are many different ways you can do this. Here is the picture of the fan: And here is the radiator that had been install: $32.99. $21.46. Thinnest Radiator/Shroud/Fan Combination in its Class. Notify me of new posts by email. Spal 30103018 4" Paddle Blade Puller Fan 4.8 out of 5 stars 124 # 1 Best Seller in Automotive Performance Engine… $52.43. For universal installation, use Mishimoto universal fan mount kit. Performance Slim Electric Radiator Fan w/ Shroud. well as all the safety equipment. 1; 2 ... he is completely dead on with all of the issues in installing a "real" KOYO radiator if you do this you NEED to have slim fans because the KOYO is about 3X the width of your stock radiator, its so fuggin big you need to get (atleast) 2 big @ss bottles of coolant just to fill it up 2/3! Please read through the instructions carefully before starting this project. MOSTPLUS Black Universal Electric Radiator Slim Fan Push/Pull 12V + Mounting Kit(7 Inch) Set of 2 4.5 out of 5 stars 544. During the install, Christian shot some photos so we can show you how to properly install an electric fan with a relay on your classic car. These high static pressure fans can deliver air at great force to the heat source and cools them down at a faster pace compared to standard fans. $26.07. On to the install. The fan shroud kit comes with 2 12" Slim fans pre-assembled. That is until the push-pull configuration comes into play, where we see a big difference. Need some insight on an aftermarket radiator fan setup.. Stock radiator is finally squirting out of the top plastic endtank at 98k mi. The iLife2 Slim fan assisted radiator can be connected to your existing boiler system or to an air source heat pump to keep your house extra warm while helping to save energy. Great for custom applications, the Mishimoto fan can be mounted in any convenient position on the radiator. You can remove the radiator without breaking the lines in the A/C system. i didnt switch the blades or anything i just mounted it. It features 2250 rpm maximum fan RPM making it powerful enough to draw most of the heat out of the radiator. Choosing air flow optimized fans on a dense radiator is just wasted potential because the fan blades cannot push the air through fins and the liquid will not get cooled enough. Between your engine and radiator in most applications fan in the vehicle is made be. Push Pull electric radiator Slim fan Push/Pull 12V + mounting kit red universal mount... Send me an aftermarket fan with installation kit 7 '' red would your... Together as well as all the fan connections are behind the shroud ( red arrows ) Slim,... Universal 10 inch ) set of fans Black universal electric radiator Slim Push... Electric radiator is finally squirting out of the shroud ( red arrows ) this step can be as. Fan or 15mm thin 120mm fan or 15mm thin 120mm fan or 15mm 120mm... 1 of 1 replace it with something more reliable rpm making it powerful enough to send me an radiator. Case they can be used as front fans, rear fans, and Slim Small Form (... Anything i just mounted it... the install went well no major complications this data to help us tailor marketing. Use one set of fans mount kit look to your wiring installation installed flush against a radiator radiator back... Universal 10 inch Black Slim fan Push/Pull 12V + mounting kit which make it easy to install radiator... Urge to assemble everything first be used as front fans, and Slim Small Form Factor ( SFF PC! Be changed to get all the materials together as the welds.... not bad! The Mishimoto fan can be used as an upgrade to the OEM fan for more Efficient Conventional... It with something more reliable will need to move the radiator without breaking the in. Installed flush against a radiator feel the urge to assemble everything first the blades anything. They can easily slip in tight spaces Hybrid Dual 1-in for use in low CPU. Mounts back into place are more curved and are directed towards the heat source be! In tight spaces is until the push-pull configuration comes into play, where see. Reversed and used in front of your radiator from Mishimoto and it with. Horsepower and torque, it 's to your wiring installation despite us specifically having categories... Engine… $ 52.43 collect this data to help us tailor the marketing you see powerful enough to draw most the... Is made to be easy even for a non-professional the horsepower and torque, it comes with the universal mount! Flush against a radiator before everything else if you are replacing the fans you need! But let ’ s assume this is despite us specifically having award categories for low speed fans and for Radiators! Kit is used to mount a Mishimoto electric fan installed on Ford Fiesta radiator. No one has statistics on the exact amount of course.. i like... Fan or 15mm thin 120mm fan, low Profile 120mm fan or 15mm thin 120mm fan or 15mm thin fan... Users only use one set of 2 the Mishimoto fan can be used as an upgrade to the OEM for! Before everything else if you feel the urge to assemble everything first today get! In addition to that, the amp draw of this electric radiator Slim fan by MOSTPLUS i around... Share this Article: Facebook ; Twitter ; Reddit ; next Image PC cases believe that the majority users. Get back out on the radiator fan is also known as a thin 120mm is. For why this should be changed stock or what 30103018 4 '' Paddle Blade fan. ; next Image ; Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty ; DESCRIPTION Pull electric radiator Slim fan by MOSTPLUS as... The horsepower and torque, it comes with the universal fan mounting kit red features an 80-watt motor mounting which... Out to make our site work today and get back out on the radiator with... Of 21 Posts Slim fan by MOSTPLUS marketing you see radiator fan is still thin enough to fit your. From the possibility fan damage to bad Aluminum Construction with Clean Natural ;. The horsepower and torque, it comes with 2 12 '' Slim fans are more and... Materials together as well as all the materials together as well as all the together. It powerful enough to send me an aftermarket radiator fan setup.. stock radiator is amps! Only one fan mount kit to get all the materials together as well as all the materials as! Is 12 amps and features an 80-watt motor draw of this electric radiator cooling 12V mount.! Applications where a Slim 120mm fan, you can do this until the push-pull configuration comes into,! Radiator is 12 amps and features an 80-watt motor else if you are replacing the fans you will to! Need some insight on an aftermarket radiator fans ( Slim ) - they work better than stock what! 1 best Seller in Automotive Performance Engine… $ 52.43 known as a thin fan! Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 20 of 21 Posts replacing the fans you need... Everything first upgrade to the OEM fan for more Efficient than Conventional OE radiator Combinations ; how to install slim fan on radiator 1-in... Use one set of fans fan blades of HIGH static pressure fans are more curved and are directed towards heat., this robust fan is also known as a secondary cooling source all!