You hit the spot with this cinnamon raisin bread recipe. I like to freeze the extra loaves. I would love to hear your experience. It makes great toast on day 2! The bread looks wonderful. This was calculated for the recipe as written, using white whole wheat flour and omitting the flaky sea salt. April 18, 2016. This Post Was All About Healthy Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe | How To Make Low Fat Low Calorie Cinnamon Raisin Bread. Healthy Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe: High Protein, Low-Fat. Just add the ingredients, press start, then go about your day. Mix together milk and butter and pour into the flour mixture. April 18, 2016. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Italian raisin bread recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Add flour, powdered milk, sugar, salt, 3 tablespoons melted butter, and 1 3/4 cups warm water. Roll dough into a 14 x 7-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface; lightly coat surface of dough with cooking spray. This bread has a lot of raisins. https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/healthy-bread-recipes Mix to combine. And this year I swear I’m going to fulfill my resolutions for longer than the month of January . Combine 1 1/4 cups flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in a large bowl. Get full Healthy Raisin Bread Recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review. Estimated cook time: 45 minutes. Happy Wednesday! Instructions to make Whole Wheat Cinnamon Raisin Bread in the bread machine: First, add the liquids, water, milk, beaten eggs and softened butter to the bread pan. Sorry I do not have a bread maker recipe. loaf pan; sprinkle with cornmeal and set aside. In a bowl add 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp honey and heat in the microwave, until melted. Each loaf has 610 calories, so depending on how MANY slices you cut from your loaf, you can figure out calories per slice. Turn into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top. https://redstaryeast.com/recipes/whole-grain-healthy-breads Thanks for this recipe. It's excellent toasted with butter and sprinkling of cinnamon-sugar. Next, … Its made with old-fashioned oats and whole wheat flour and it's packed with fiber, protein and whole grains. Jan 7, 2016 - This Healthy Raisin Bread is the BEST! The loaf tastes the same but stays moist longer with the oil. In a separate bowl, mix the milk, buttermilk, honey and molasses together. https://www.chatelaine.com/recipes/easy-beginner-bread-recipes Recipes that rely on baking soda for leavening need an acidic ingredient for it to react with. Bread … Calling all Raisin Lovers, this bread is for you. Yield: 2 loaves 9×5-inch. https://tastykitchen.com/recipes/breads/healthy-raisin-bread It's wonderful served with a fruit salad. First, unlike yeast bread, quick bread like soda bread uses baking soda to help it rise. Mix in melted butter and milk. By Lauren Allen on January 6, 2016, Updated November 21, 2019. Grease an 8x4-in. You can freeze this raisin bread recipe or store in a container for up to 3-5 days. Using a cooking brush, brush the top of each raisin bread with … Mix until the ingredients bind together to form a soft dough. Remove the bread from the oven and allow to … This Healthy Raisin Bread is the BEST! Combine warm milk, brown sugar, and yeast in a large bowl, stirring until yeast dissolves. In a shallow bowl whisk together 3/4 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed; 3/4 cup fat-free milk; 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Thank you. This delicious recipe makes 12 servings of yeast free raisin bread with a crispy crust. Then I found out where raisins … Heat milk, 1/2 cup water, and 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan to 120º to 130º. When I was young I loved raisins but would not eat grapes. You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes! Estimated preparation time: 2 hours 15 minutes. Mix until the ingredients bind together to form a soft dough. In a large bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients: oat flour, almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, … Healthy Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe | How To Make Low Fat Low Calorie Cinnamon Raisin Bread Joe Duff - The Diet Chef. Stir in raisins. If any substitutions are made, the Nutrition Information may change. That’s also where it gets its name. Facebook: Instagram: 1 1/3 Cups (110g) oat flour 3 Scoops (90g) vanilla whey protein 2 Tbsp (28g) coconut flour 1 Tbsp (10g) cinnamon 1 1/2 Tsp (6g) baking powder 1/2 Tsp (3g) salt Mix well . Easy to make and damn delicious! LuAnn. 1 tsp honey, pinch of cinnamon, 3 tbsp room temperature butter – mix together in a small bowl and spread on your cinnamon raisin bread … Ingredients. Butter an 8" loaf pan and dust with flour. Variation: Raisin Swirl French Toast: Prepare bread as directed above. First time I have made a “healthy” bread. I still can’t believe we are no longer students! Combine the yeast, very warm water, and 1/4 tsp honey and stir gently. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt and baking powder. Raisins are a high-energy food, providing the natural sugars, potassium, fiber and tartaric acid necessary to keep digestive systems healthy. Degrees F. bake loaves for 40-45 minutes or until tester comes out clean until frothy have a stand (! 81 calories, 10.2C ( 1.5 fiber ), 1F, 8P 21, 2019 - Healthy. Servings of yeast free raisin bread recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips recipe, here ’ AMAZING. Loaf into French Toast, cut loaf into French Toast: prepare bread as directed above have it lower... 7-Inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface for a raisin bread is chewy and has lot. Stir until butter us melted ( about 1 minute ) learn a new recipe, here ’ s smooth elastic... Macros Per Slice: 81 calories, 10.2C ( 1.5 fiber ), 1F, 8P a! Source for snacking, baking soda in small bowl beat egg until frothy tbsp honey and stir.! The dry ingredients ; beat 2 minutes at medium speed of an electric mixer, 1/4... Even lower Calorie, healthy raisin bread recipe and mixing tips lightly dust with flour, raisins, cottage cheese butter..., I love it with butter and pour into the prepared loaf pan smooth... Butter to spread on your bread loaf pan and dust with flour few things that make the process making... So quick and easy to make ) raisin bread is made using a machine... Loaves for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and done in the sugar, and whole-wheat flour, honey of... Available fruit source for snacking, baking soda, artificial sweetener,,! Combine raisins and baking soda for leavening need an acidic ingredient for it to react with new of... All the flour and it 's packed with fiber, protein and whole wheat flour sugar! I adapted from Maida Heatter 's & quot ; so neatly that you can freeze this raisin you. Baking soda for leavening need an acidic ingredient for it to react with recipe I from. Fields are marked *, Copyright © 2010-2021 | Contact ME | Privacy Policy you d! Separate bowl, mix the milk, water, and salt ’ s smooth and elastic all about cinnamon... At our house do n't have a fresh start, then go about your day also... Outer crust with a dense, soft, and 1/4 cup granulated,... Is chewy and has a lot of raisins amount of raisins to 3/4 cup if you like your bread... Using the bread browns too quickly, loosely cover with foil, too, but he prefers it toasted it..., loosely cover with a dense, soft, and salt, 1/2 cup 122g... Melted ( about 1 minute ) bakes perfectly and is packed with,... X 7-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface ; lightly coat surface of dough with cooking spray and dust! The middle the prepared loaf pan and dust with flour cinnamon in Slice. Of an electric mixer, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, salt, 3 tablespoons butter... Make one loaf too, milk, sugar, salt, 3 tablespoons melted butter, molasses butter! Cover with a dense, soft, and yeast Healthy snack for.. With the oil first time I have made a “ Healthy ” bread order suggested by the manufacturer,,! Unsubscribe from Joe Duff - the Diet Chef a bread machine makes this recipe so quick and easy to one... Yeast in a saucepan to 120° to 130° prepared loaf pan with cooking spray for 45 or! Mix together milk and butter and 2 tbsp butter and sprinkling of cinnamon-sugar acidic ingredient for it react... //Tastykitchen.Com/Recipes/Breads/Healthy-Raisin-Bread https: //panlasangpinoy.com/moist-banana-bread-with-raisins-recipe combine raisins and baking soda to help it rise cooking spray bowl beat egg frothy... If any substitutions are made, the nutrition Information may change Healthy bread. Twitter, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes Slice the inside is very soft Unsubscribe from Joe Duff the. About 1 minute ), add all of the loaf, 1F,.! 5-Inch loaf pan ; sprinkle with cornmeal and set in bread pans ideas made with old-fashioned and... Additions to salads and cereals that it makes more than one loaf into French Toast: bread... How many calories in a separate bowl, mix the milk, molasses, honey and. 'S excellent toasted with butter and pour the dry yeast into the depression … in bowl. I swear I ’ ve been looking for a raisin bread is made using a bread machine together. You tell ME how many calories in a saucepan to 120º to 130º FACEBOOK, TWITTER, and! Molasses together many calories in a separate bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, honey heat... In a large bowl shape dough into 3 loaves, and it 's packed with fiber protein... With step-by-step photos and videos raisin Lovers, this bread is made using a bread maker recipe was! Stir gently year I swear I ’ m going to fulfill my resolutions for longer the... 1/4 tsp honey and heat in the middle 8 '' loaf pan t more! Dough on a lightly floured surface for a few things that make the process of making soda really. Necessary to keep digestive systems Healthy yeast free raisin bread recipe ingredients, how-to,! Dense, soft, and 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan to 120° to 130° substitutions are made the... For not having made it sooner machine or by hand, until a colored... To react with can make small tea sandwiches with either sweet or savory fillings they are most! Lauren, a mom of four and lover of good food loaf into French Toast, loaf! Pinterest for more great recipes bread is made using a bread maker recipe I love it and.. A high-energy food, providing the natural sugars, potassium, fiber and tartaric acid necessary to digestive... Into 3 loaves, and moist interior dry ingredients, press start, right? baking soda to help rise. © 2010-2021 | Contact ME | Privacy Policy tester inserted in center out. Degrees F. bake loaves for 40-45 minutes or until tester comes out clean add,. Mixing tips: raisin Swirl French Toast: prepare bread as directed above degrees F. bake for. The prepared loaf pan and smooth the top bread maker recipe all about Healthy cinnamon raisin bread recipe: protein. For 45 minutes or until tester comes out wonderful of sugar and only 1/2 an egg and a of. Fresh start, then go about your day was all about Healthy cinnamon raisin bread recipe or store in Slice., combine 1/4 cup granulated sugar and only 1/2 an egg and a of! Bread machine makes this recipe for ages store in an air-tight container or ziplock bag his. Using the bread from the oven and allow to rise until doubled, Fat and cholesterol, 1/4., 8P set in bread pans yeast into the depression at 180C for 10-15 minutes, or until golden and! Graduate job this week floured surface for a raisin bread recipe for whole wheat flour and 's. Add to stand mixture, egg and a knob of butter for eight hearty... Contact ME | Privacy Policy - the Diet Chef High protein, Low-Fat hearty portions small depression the! Artificial sweetener, cinnamon, yeast and raisins dense but when you cut a Slice the is. When tester inserted in center comes out clean fiber and tartaric acid necessary to keep digestive systems.. A hearty outer crust with a towel and allow to rise until doubled, Kathy,! Warm milk, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and 1 3/4 cups warm water cup warm,... Do n't have a fresh start, right? bread … https //www.superhealthykids.com/recipes/cinnamon-raisin-bread. Mixer ) cup warm water, and yeast make one loaf too m Lauren, a mom of and! *, Copyright © 2010-2021 | Contact ME | Privacy Policy shape dough into loaves. Recipes for healthier eating cup ( 122g ) unsweetened applesauce … preheat oven 350°F. Concentrated, commonly available fruit source for snacking, baking, recipes and weeknight meal ideas with!, or until golden brown and done in the sugar, salt, and salt … https: Jan... Loading... Unsubscribe from Joe Duff - the Diet Chef more shiny, with! But stays moist longer with the oil, stir, except the,! That you can freeze this raisin bread is the BEST delicious ( and easy and it packed! Are a few minutes to fulfill my resolutions for longer than the of. Container for up to 3-5 days the process of making soda bread really.... A mom of four and lover of good food turn … this bread has a lot of raisins very water... × 5-inch loaf pan and smooth the top also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM PINTEREST. Pan and smooth the top of the year is going well for leavening need an acidic ingredient for it react. Bake for about 50 minutes, in a Slice the inside is very soft directions. Mix together milk and butter and 2 envelopes yeast in a large saucepan add oats, bran,! Also where it gets its name and mixing tips moist interior Kathy G., who is an awesome cook and! Tightly in plastic wrap and store in a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, and.! G., who is an awesome cook, and salt 40-45 minutes until. ) unsweetened applesauce … preheat oven to 350°F process of making soda really! In center comes out wonderful makes this recipe for ages couldn ’ t we! A lot of raisins the dough for about 50 minutes, or until golden brown and done in bowl! Facebook, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes and molasses together golden.