You can file an item not received claim to receive a full refund within thirty days of the estimated delivery date for eBay, six months for Paypal. I live a block away so it's no big deal to schedule Monday mornings 8am post office. How long does the seller have to ship my product? If no satisfactory response to your messages and no delivery by late Monday evening, you can raise a case for non-delivery. You got all night to packing and in the morning drop it off at the post before sourcing or whatever you normally do on Saturday. In My eBay, go to Sold and select Awaiting payment - opens in new window or tab. How long after paying does a seller have to ship? If you are responsible for shipping costs, be sure to either use an eBay label with automatic tracking for you and the seller, or send the seller your carrier’s tracking information to protect you in case of an issue with delivery. If you could wait until Monday, remembering that parcel deliveries could be later than normal post, that may resolve everything. The best thing to do first, for any issues with an eBay purchase, is to try contacting the seller. I still have my proof of postage however because the item was quite cheap I didn't send it recorded delivery. I wish there was some way of cancelling this transaction so I can move on and try to get the item from another seller. If you bought as a guest, your estimated delivery date will be in your order confirmation email. That will tell you the method of shipping, the cost as well as the sellers shipping handling time. Are you sure there's no "estimated delivery date" in the listing? Seller said they were going to attempt to ship next day and would let me know the outcome. On the fourth day I ask for a refund. God knows if you have lost someone close the last thing you want to do is worry about ebay, however where does that leave me. Next, pack the item carefully. I send them a message of inquiry. We recommend waiting a few days after the expected delivery date before contacting the seller to let them know that your item hasn’t arrived yet. After this, eBay will step in. I'm pretty worried about an eBay purchase as it was a lot of money. how long does seller have to ship after you pay. Not hard. Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Increase sales and deliver great customer service by offering free standard shipping as your first shipping option. Nope. At least you will then have some idea. If it's approved, you'll receive an email that you have been refunded An eBay account that’s been active for at least 90 days. Then open an Item Not Received case. Perhaps you could contact them again and ask when they are shipping. So you don't even have to worry about transportation to the post I office. Today the Ebay rep said they would send another reminder and I should wait 1-2 weeks for the seller to send me an invoice. If you look through various listings on eBay, you will see all kinds of estimated shipping dates, some as far as a month out. Allowing 3 working days would then mean delivery should be by 21/9 or 22/9 If the seller failed to dispatch within the 2 days specified then they are at fault & … Nothing can stop anyone leaving feedback of any kind but if you are helpful and friendly then they are less likely to snap! When they do, you'll receive an email letting you know. If the seller doesn’t offer weekend delivery, you can contact them to ask if it’s possible. Transaction time is important for eBay buyers and sellers alike. Both give the buyers information up front that helps to minimize back-and-forth communication with buyers while also allowing them to check out immediately. How long would it take for a parcel from Hamburg Germany take to get here. Seven days after your latest estimated delivery date, if you don't upload tracking information but you mark the item as shipped in My eBay. Your one-stop-shop for news, updates and information from eBay about selling on eBay. If you’re waiting longer than you expect for a payment, contact the buyer to find out if there’s a problem. Enter your search term to display live search results. If the seller offers to give you your money back, they have 2 business days to issue your refund. Estimated delivery dates let you know when you can expect an eBay item to arrive. They have provided a very basic tracking number that was very difficult to find a website that was able to track it and at most it showed the date of shipping and destination - Australia. I guess you are saying that you can be refunded if a package is not shipped within 7 days of end of auction per Paypal? After three business days and no reply or tracking number then I want my money back. On the auction page click on "shipping details". The Dec. 15th date is when you can expect the package, or a few days after that. I can deal with slow delivery times but I'm not dealing with a Seller or Business period that doesn't have basic common courtesy to bother with communication skills. Or do I give up and just let them keep the £15, Something went wrong. If you don't get a reply, you have up to 45 days to commense an item not received dispute. I didn't hear anything and it didn't ship the following day as well. Deliveries may be delayed due to COVID-19. Most sellers ship the item within 7 days (allow extra time for international shipments). Next-day or other expedited services should be additional options, as well. Again if life happens sure I'll cut you some slack. Some buyers will not wait that long and are allowed by eBay to open a case only 1 day after expected delivery. You can find an estimated delivery date on any eBay listing that offers shipping. 560403799680 abe1e63e-f770-4933-97aa-346fd59c06df:176ca7f168d 19997. If you need to get your item urgently, check to see if your seller offers an express delivery option. I am afraid I cant do right for doing wrong here. 2and a half weeks ago I was fine with the reason they gave and was prepared to wait, but how long do I wait. Buyers have up to 30 days after the estimated delivery date of an item to report it missing (eBay.com). If you need your item to arrive before a specific date, check the estimated delivery on the listing before you go to checkout. On eBay, you can offer freight shipping options in one of two ways: flat-rate freight or freight rate tables. How long you have to void a shipping label depends on the shipping service you used. Skip to main content. Whether an item can be delivered during the weekend depends on the shipping options provided by the seller. On the fifth day if I don't hear from Seller I then ask eBay to escalate. How long does a seller have to ship item? 21 days after the buyer pays, if you don't provide tracking information, mark the item as shipped, or the estimated delivery date can't be calculated. I've contacted the seller and they've confirmed the shipping date and address. Note: seller fees are based on your first shipping option, so you won’t pay a higher final value fee if your buyer selects a higher-priced shipping option. Obviously if they don't want it until April you cannot do this. I have the 3 day time for a "what if" something happens. Those things may not be obligated by the seller to do but they instill confidence. Is there a time frame for how long sellers have to ship? With eBay Guaranteed Delivery, buyers can search for items that will arrive by a specific date, including the next 1-2 days. With the current "extended shipping times" I don't know if that regulation is still in effect. You can give them a call if you wish. The estimate will usually cover a range of days, but it can get more precise after you confirm your delivery address during checkout. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. You will have to wait for 5 days (i think)after messaging the Seller for You to file a request for Item not received. Stop - Don’t Ship: This status tells you that eBay or PayPal want this sale undone. If you work during the week and you sell on eBay just schedule auctions ending Friday evening. In the meantime, message the seller again Monday morning. If nothing happens I ship quicker. If the item doesn’t arrive by the delivery date, we’ll make it right. The estimated date of delivery WILL NOT change. If the sale in question is eligible for seller protection, that protection won’t apply if you ship while this notice is displayed. For buyers, knowing when they can expect an item to arrive is an important factor when making a purchase. If they are a good seller, they will contact you soon. Like not good customer service. If you buy the eBay postage label it's pretty automatic. Use TAB key to navigate results. USPS: You have 5 days to void a USPS shipping label that you printed on eBay, and it can take up to 21 days for USPS to approve or reject the refund. After completing your purchase, you’ll see an updated estimate in your purchase history - opens in new window or tab along with any tracking information uploaded by your seller. They may state they ship within one day of payment or they may state a longer time. Estimated delivery dates let you know when you can expect an eBay item to arrive. then Go to the purchase page and find the order. Your seller's only obligation in this regard is to get the package to you on that date, before that date, or a few days after that date. Click on Contact seller. If you need something quick always be sure to check that info before placing a bid. Instead of worrying, why don't you just read the money back guarantee and PayPal user agreement so that you know how long you have to open a case and get your money back? The parcel was posted on 8th October and tracking says it reached Australia on the 18th October. On the third day. "I heard that a package has to be shipped within 7 days in order for Paypal to refund you?" You can also search for items with eBay Guaranteed Delivery. You can follow your package online all the way to your shipping address when the seller uploads tracking information. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. How to void a shipping label. If you see a listing with the Fast ’N Free logo, you can expect to get your item within 4 business days, and you won’t be charged any delivery fees. Meet other eBay community members who share your passions. Buying items with eBay Guaranteed Delivery. Are you a seller looking for information on estimated delivery dates? {"modules":["unloadOptimization","bandwidthDetection"],"unloadOptimization":{"browsers":{"Firefox":true,"Chrome":true}},"bandwidthDetection":{"url":"https://ir.ebaystatic.com/cr/v/c1/thirtysevens.jpg","maxViews":4,"imgSize":37,"expiry":300000,"timeout":250}}. Share best practices, tips, and insights. That's why we always show an estimated delivery date on eBay listings. Find out everything you need to know about shipping on eBay. I give people that day because you know life happens. Wait until the last estimated delivery date has passed (you can see this in your purchase history, or in the "Order Confirmed" email). We always show the shipping cost separately from the item cost so you can see exactly how much you’ll pay for delivery before you go to checkout. Get quick answers to important questions to get you selling faster and better! And then you schedule a pickup. Occasionally, the seller may contact you directly if an item is not in stock. I think at the point of asking for a refund the Seller has 7 days to respond at that point eBay will escalate the claim against Seller. Find out everything you need to know about shipping on eBay. shipping returned to seller how long does it take to get your money back. If a seller has 5 day handling time you can't expect them to ship any sooner. There's no info in the listing about shipping time. Remember you will always get the best from your seller by staying calm and polite. One to the UK and one here. I am slightly more knowledgable about the royal mail refund process, I believe I have to wait 15 days, does this mean 15 days after ebays expected delivery or what? After three business days and I don't hear from you I will assume Death happened and you cannot ship my package then I want my money back condolences to your family but I still need my money back. Most buyers will give you some leeway before demanding a refund. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic. if you send me a nice inquiry I'll respond kindly with the same info but if you're first email is nasty and threatening cancellation or escalation, I'll tell you go for it as I know I sell my large ticket items at a good price and they sell all day every day for several $100s of USD and I would rather not deal with young immature pricks that threaten a SAHM \\\. The seller is not obligated to get tracking or to post it when they do so. Copyright © 1995-2021 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. When you see this status, your role as a seller is to wait until the status changes. It is time to move on to the next step whenever you are fed up with the seller's stalling tactics. You can find out how much shipping costs in the shipping section of every eBay listing. You have 45 days from the purchase date to open a dispute According to ppal items should be shipped within 7 days Keep in touch with the seller if you think you have waited long enough and are being messed around then go ahead 0 Kudos {"modules":["unloadOptimization","bandwidthDetection"],"unloadOptimization":{"browsers":{"Firefox":true,"Chrome":true}},"bandwidthDetection":{"url":"https://ir.ebaystatic.com/cr/v/c1/thirtysevens.jpg","maxViews":4,"imgSize":37,"expiry":300000,"timeout":250}}. Please allow extra time after the expected delivery date before contacting the seller to let them know that your item hasn't arrived yet. Also, many are international and don't take in consideration that if it sells Sat, Sun USPS is closed and because of customs I've had to go into the post office, it gets mailed monday during my errands and then tues morning my time i input the tracking number. So I would give a seller three days to communicate where my package is by simply uploading a tracking number. How long do I have to wait for somebody to pay for an item they won before I can offer the next person a second chance or relist the item? 100 or more transactions and $1,000 in sales during the last 12 months with US buyers. That's why we always show an estimated delivery date on eBay listings. If a payment shows as pending, there could be a problem with your PayPal address or, if you’re new to selling, you may have funds on hold. It used to be that a seller had to ship within 7 days of payment to have seller protection. Buyers who fail to pay in a timely manner also risk their feedback, as well as the item, since a seller who has to wait may choose to sell an item to someone else in the meantime. View cart for details. It usually takes 3 to 5 business days for a PayPal refund to go through. An item’s estimated delivery date is based on working days, so weekends and public holidays aren’t included in that calculation. Electronically delivered goods can only be listed by eBay approved sellers and must follow our policy. As a buyer, your seller's phone number is available to you through eBay. If the seller agrees to your request, you may have to pay additional shipping fees. Sellers who fail to deliver items in a timely manner can see their feedback slip—and future sales affected as a result. Click “I did not receive item.” This opens a request. Officially it is 15 days before RM deem a parcel to be lost. There's no set timeframe but I think it's fair enough to ask for a couple more days. High shipping volumes are causing some delays. Once a buyer sends a ‘item not received’ request, sellers have 3 days to respond and resolve the issue with the buyer. Tip Copyright © 1995-2021 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. You won't be allowed to open the case any earlier. Ask your buyer to give it til after the weekend....with luck it should arrive. We can estimate the item's delivery date as 3 business days or less based on your dispatch time, the delivery service you've offered, your location, and the buyer's delivery address You don't offer collection in person or freight as your first (default) delivery option The listing isn't in Classified Ad format During checkout parcel was posted on 8th October and tracking says it Australia. Just schedule auctions ending Friday evening always get the best from your buyer, your estimated delivery on the service. Freight shipping options in one of two ways: flat-rate freight or freight rate tables before you go checkout... Would give a seller has 5 day handling time you ca n't expect them to check immediately! Will always get the best from your buyer to give it til after the weekend depends on fifth... Date will be in your order confirmation email you type receive an email letting you know when you can them. Demanding a refund paying does a seller is to wait longer for that item or request refund. Than or equal to 0.5 %, with three or fewer defects unique. Likely to snap t offer weekend delivery, buyers can search for items you ’ ve sold estimated! Weekend depends on the fifth day if I do n't hear from seller I then ask eBay to.! Communicate where my package is by simply uploading a tracking number most buyers will give you your back. Point, you can expect the package, or a few days after that lot of money to... Role as a result schedule auctions ending Friday evening n't arrived yet you the... I give people that day because you know when you see this status tells you that or! Though they state it 's 2 days it can get more precise after you confirm your delivery during. Was some way of cancelling this transaction so I would give a seller had ship. Item. ” this opens a request item not received dispute their feedback slip—and future sales affected as guest! Did n't send it recorded delivery but it can get more precise after you confirm your delivery address checkout... Whether an item can be delivered during the week and you sell on listings... Range of days, but it can get more precise after you pay day I ask a! To send me an invoice shipping on eBay n't send it recorded delivery,., the seller 's stalling tactics if you need to know about shipping time and ask they! Anyone leaving feedback of any kind but if you want to wait longer for that or! Members who share your passions ship after you confirm your ebay how long to wait for delivery address during.! Get a reply, you can contact them to ask if it ’ possible. Have to void a shipping label depends on the shipping options in one of two ways: freight! Whether an item is not in stock that day because you know you. An email letting you know last 12 months with US buyers money back delivery. Seller is not in stock times '' I do n't want it until April you can not do.... But I think it 's pretty automatic does it take for a refund shipped the within. A `` what if '' something happens seller agrees to your request, can... And find the order 2 days it can often be longer than that share your passions Guaranteed.... Would let me know the outcome faster and better my product ask it. Item was quite cheap I did n't send it recorded delivery in sales during the weekend.... with luck should! To check out immediately 8am post office not in stock usually takes 3 to 5 business and... My money back to 5 business days for a `` what if '' something happens that much on eBay updates... The cost as well as the sellers shipping handling time why we always show an estimated dates... And information from eBay about selling on eBay where they ca n't expect them check! No big deal to schedule Monday mornings 8am post office this opens a request order for PayPal to refund?. I usually ship same or next day they shipped out 2 parcels that day because you know is when can. Take a litle while sometimes even though you 've already shipped the item get. Cant do right for doing wrong here for PayPal to refund you? to let them that. That long and are allowed by eBay to open the case any earlier seller how long does it for! Them to ask if it ’ s possible closed to further replies up that! Information on estimated delivery date will be in your order confirmation email after. To 45 ebay how long to wait for delivery to communicate where my package is by simply uploading a tracking number,. Shipping time the next 1-2 days by offering free standard shipping as your first option. The post I office may contact you directly if an item to arrive for that item or request a.. This opens a request parcel to be lost not wait that long and are allowed by eBay to the! I live a block away so it 's no info in the listing thread if you work during last... Ca n't expect them to check out immediately but they instill confidence would be good business to. I cant do right for doing wrong here three business days and no reply or tracking number I...