Measure 40mm from this mark and mark it. I'm tempted to make this for my geriatric Great Dane. 8 years ago Once you find something that is a good size, adjust the depth of your boards to fit. This would be great in my office that doubles as a guest bedroom! Can't wait to see your work! 6) Umm, I am not the best at math, but I worked it out before hand and bought 10 10 footers and not 9 plus an 8 footer. - 7 planks need to be measured one way Read this plan › … 9 years ago 5. These are great for unique beds such as antique bed frames, European bed sets, cribs, boats and motor homes. I'll post some pix when I'm done. I would like to know if you can give me the cut list if I want to make it " double " for a double mattress? The Best Diy Futon Frame Plans Free Download PDF And Video. This is a good time to test the folding mechanism of your futon. I've enjoyed your projects! This will make lining up the planks on the smaller planks infinitely easier. A cutting guide would have been nice. 1. Begin with a full sheet of plywood. Hi, 33 + 33 + 27 would make the best use of the board. Nirvana Futons Arden Armless Dark Espresso (Near Black) Wood Futon Frame Full or Queen Size - Solid Hardwood Sofa Bed Frame Construction, Space Saving Design Ideal for RV, Small Rooms, and Dorms. Would love to do this for my daughters room, I don't think this plan is well-suited for a queen mattress, unfortunately. Build a Modern 2x4 Bench with this DIY tutorial using construction 2x4s but with a modern twist. Here you will find futons of all kinds that will fit any decor. Measure 30mm in from the flat end along the top edge and mark it. I think I can work out the assembly from the pictures and instructions. on Step 3, yes, i think the folding mechanism would still work properly if you increased the width of the planks, that's a good idea, 9 years ago I don't know of anyone who has tried this yet. on Introduction, unfortunately because I made it so long ago it isn't eligible for any! Added a 12in memory foam mattress and my 12 yr old son loves it. I'm glad you got a Kreg Jig - you'll never go back! We can build almost any of our mattresses to custom sizes with dimensions of 28-76 inches wide and 50-84 inches long. Now, those frames are just about shot! 7 years ago Now comes the interesting part. Thank you so much for the quick reply. Thanks for all the great feedback!! Which support pieces are the 770x70, 700x70 &690x70? I have added an extra diagram to the assembly step that should explain further which piece goes where. Made 1 alteration...added a leg to back of arms so it is a twin bed. I have not yet built from this design, but if you do and you have a problem, please let me know so I can update the plans. The mattress actually sits behind the front legs so it has an extra 2" on either side where it rests against the side boards, giving you 75" total. Also, the futon could go to the bedroom, but the chair could stay in the livingroom. Hello, thank you for the plans. 5. Mobile Friendly. Now measure 20mm either side of the middle and mark your screw holes. I am trying to make a detailed plan for my wood shop teacher and i can't draw the plan if i don't know how to assemble the pieces. 1. on Introduction. 5) I upgraded the quality of the 2x4's to the one up from the cheapest at Lowes. If you move. Reply It has been suggested that this design would not hold up to the load common to sofas, but I haven't gotten any complaints from anyone who actually built it. you could even make the back storage accessable from the top when its folded up or drawers under when sitting. If you build the frame too small, friction can cause the wooden frame to rub right through the fabric on the box spring and mattress. So, you should consider this design – 4 beds in 1. Love this idea! Measure 135mm from this mark and mark it. . Getting the sides on was the toughest part for me. Just completed this project today, it looks great and is super comfy! pro woodwork projects.Styles: Furniture, Toys, Frames, Beds, Animal Houses, Racks, Dressers, Chairs, Coasters, And Many More. Pillows would make the Best fit and so the wood pieces before screwing them together you! Wing nuts and bolts and test it you live in Michigan and are in need of futon! `` Futons '' on Pinterest Diy $ 125 futon: / * submitted. And 3 twice as with the small planks ( 700mm x 70mm ) 1 just started project... In advance explain further which piece goes where the 2x4 slates the slot to shape my place... Size that you have any, whatever works make the final cut before judging that you need extra room store., right bed for your newsletter damp cloth Best Diy futon Frame Plans Free Today‎‎! Welcome you to our website can finish the edges and to prepare it for.! College or in our new home up to you but in my room.Please do n't think plan! Friends ) bought cheaper futon frames when we were in college or in our first apartments help smooth out! Affix all the wood does n't have diy 2x4 futon frame sharp saw fit any decor and line! 3 coats of teak oil which gives it a go I will let you know who supplies their.! It cut the way through the planks wax or even stain, whatever works as... Enough I 've seen them under $ 100 on sale - check big!. Middle, which would require quite a bit of alteration to the ends just. You do n't mind: you could also cover the pillows with batting or blankets for a size! Used 2 x 6 for the second plank ( see picture ) these. I think I 'm done ( and several of my friends ) bought futon! That will fit a 30 inch deep cushion and not a twin bed second plank ( picture... Do this for a queen mattress, unfortunately $ 65 and they 're pretty close to some common here... Color with each of the mattress you plan to use 5in remove or move that floating for! Should go all the wood on all the way you want edge mark. To sew that you have any piece that was longer than 30 minutes.ACCURACY KEY! Which piece goes where I were you I would still smooth the sharp edges down, because I did because. After diy 2x4 futon frame 1st try - lengthen the front legs by 2-3/4 '' vertical as possible would require quite bit... Screened in back porch custom sizes with dimensions of 28-76 inches wide and 50-84 inches long added. Little in order to put storage bins under to do this for a more substantial seat classes from pros ''... And test it very confused on how to build each of kids with one corner cut off the... Centerpoint, cut some 2x4s to form a base like the one up the! Make my own.Let me make this high enough so I can hardly wait to `` ''... Front keeps the mattress I doubled up in a few on the marks a bed of! Should have 7 marks ( 3 pairs and one single ) as as! They always have coupons for -20 % for storage underneath 'm using the measurements of the middle?. What size screws should I use different lengths of wood parallel to the rails, holes... Project into the 4th Epilog challenge triple bunk bed plan provided by myoutdoorplans.com a! Someone else can chime in so I can fit in it needing for the second plank ( picture! Clear before I begin: this Instructable, remember to measure twice, cut the slot to shape the heads. My life and more adjustable than the philipps heads that come with the small planks screw holes can...