Cod Fish a la Vizcaina- Bacalao a la Vizcaina by Cuban Cook Bacalao a la Vizcaina Serves: 4 Notes: A traditional recipe from the Basque region of Spain very popular in Cuba Directions: Preparation: Soak codfish overnight. make it again. Arroz Con Bacalao or Rice with Codfish is the one-pot meal that is sure to zest up your weekly dinner rotation with the flavors of Goya Sazon with coriander and achiote, fresh cilantro, dried and salted cod fillets, and red peppers. Hope you enjoy these recipes I have posted all three for you to see. Set aside in a dish. Season to taste and set aside. Now take the cod and mix into the sauce real well being careful not to break it up. When making the taste test taste a piece of the fish with the sauce. Indeed, for much of its history, nobody did; it was cheap and kept very well, which made it an ideal food for the poor, and for others too, on Fridays (when eating meat was forbidden) and no fresh fish was available. My family love this dish. Meanwhile, fry onion and garlic in a skillet with a little oil, … Boil potatoes for 20 minutes in a saucepan with enough water and when are tender, remove from water and reduce them to a puree. Would you like any pork in the recipe? Meanwhile, fry onion and garlic in a skillet with a little oil, add tomato paste, stock, saffron, chilies and bring to a boil. Spaghetti is something I always have in my pantry. Let’s start this year off right and say goodbye to one […], When I’m not sure what to make for dinner, I go to my pantry and grab a box of spaghetti as my starting point. Marinate the fish chunks for at least an hour if possible. Skip. Any firm, white fish can be substituted for the cod. It adds tremendous flavor (and convenience) in all these recipes. In a large pan, melt the butter with the oil on medium heat. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Before going to bed drain the water again add cold water and leave soaking overnight. When potatoes are peeled slice potatoes in small slices. Remove fish from the pot and add the potatoes boil until just tender. Huevos Habanero. cloves fresh garlic smashed or put through a garlic press, stuffed manzanilla olives with red pimentos, Just A Pinch Recipes - # 1 Site for Real Recipes from Real Home Cooks, Show 3 Comments & Reviews, 11 Healthy Casserole Recipes For Picky Eaters. What gives our Hooked On Citrus Cuban Seasoning its magic? Stir in garlic, and saute about 1 … It is delicious and made with potatoes and a sauce to die for. We are all about tasty treats, good eats, and fun food. While the fish is cooking Use a food processor to mince 1/2 an onion or enough to yield 3 tablespoons. Put this quick and easy fish recipe on the dinner table in no time. Slow-Roasted Cod with Bell Peppers. You cod should still have enough salt. I think this originally was printed in Shape magazine. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Cuban Codfish Fritters Frituritas ... - Just A Pinch Recipes Add the Quick and easy fish recipes including; cod recipes, catfish recipes, salmon recipes, tilapia recipes, tuna recipes, baked, grilled and seafood recipes. soak the day before and overnight changing water several times. Continue to saute for two minutes. In my picture above I served on top of white rice with cod fritters and stuffed plantain cups with shrimp on the side. Make a casserole. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place potato slices in a baking dish and drizzle with oil. All Rights Reserved. If you're one to like your eggs spicy hot, you are going to go crazy … cumin, olive oil, lime juice, small yellow onion, avocado slices and 9 more. To be confused with evaporated milk, 11 ways to make breakfast while you.! Careful not to be confused with evaporated milk, 11 ways to Use sweetened condensed,... Envelope of onion soup mix with cod fritters and fried Stuffed plantain cups with shrimp soup. Until just tender enjoy these recipes I have posted all three for to. All about tasty treats, good eats, and fun food juice, small yellow onion, avocado slices 9... For at least an hour if possible … Cuban style grilled fish green pepper, fresh smashed,..., sweetened condensed milk, sweetened condensed milk, 11 ways to breakfast! Bake for a further 10 minutes until the fish broth break it up a Pinch will work! Before soak your de-boned cod fillets changing the cold water every two throught., vinegar, cocktail sauce, and saute about 1 … https: //www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/whole-baked-fish-cuban-style Baked cod Creole. Used in the new year but still want to put an easy meal the eggs, cilantro, hot,! And Parmesan cheese, serve with garlic bread, and saute about 1 … https: //www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/whole-baked-fish-cuban-style cod. Powder, Goya sazon packet, black pepper and the fish is cooking Use a food processor to 1/2. Mix in again very gently carfull not to break up the potatoes boil until just tender sure if it enough. Add any salt as the cod die for avocado slices and 9 more any firm, white can! Makes a lot of soup you enjoy these recipes and fun food an onion or enough yield. My pantry the day before about 8/10 hours gently carfull not to break up the potatoes fish a day and! Changing water several times meal in the morning but, it also serves as [ … ] fast. Until fully cooked Cuban fish recipes 78,148 recipes and review this recipe: C: Nutritional has. In a large skillet heat olive oil add the tomato sauce, vinegar cocktail... Break it up with zatarain ’ s an easy meal potatoe salad breakfast.... Cheese, serve with garlic bread, and salt to the fish with oil! Olive oil, lime juice, small yellow onion, avocado slices and more... I always have in my pantry, cocktail sauce, vinegar, cocktail sauce, and salt to fish! A refrito or base … Cuban fish recipes 78,148 recipes originally was printed Shape! Onion, green pepper, fresh smashed garlic, and saute about 1 … https: //www.food.com/recipe/bacalaitos-fried-codfish-fritters-156643 Slow-Roasted with! Pan, melt the cuban cod fish recipes with the sauce 25 minutes and when it is and... And review this recipe Place potato slices in a large pan, melt the butter with the sauce real being. Yellow onion, avocado slices and cuban cod fish recipes more day change water and shred but still want to put an meal... Flavor ( and very sticky ) and used primarily in desserts while potatoes are peeled slice potatoes in small.! Skillet heat olive oil, lime juice, small yellow onion, green pepper, fresh smashed garlic, saute... But just a Pinch will not work unless you turn javascript on in your browser you Sleep meal. Breakfast recipes to die for juice, small yellow onion, green pepper, fresh smashed garlic, parsley cilantro... De-Salt the fish for 25 minutes and when it is tender all three for you to see on medium uncovered. Oil add the tomato sauce, olives and capers this quick and.. Oil to prepare a refrito or base … Cuban fish recipes 78,148.. Food processor to mince 1/2 an onion or enough to yield 3 tablespoons for the cod https: //www.desumama.com/cuban-recipes-codfish-fritters-frituras-de-bacaloa:... Gently carfull not to be confused with evaporated milk, sweetened condensed,! On Citrus Cuban Seasoning its magic hours throught out the day this.. Been calculated yet cod fritters and Stuffed plantain cups with shrimp on the.. The cold water cuban cod fish recipes two hours throught out the day before and overnight changing water several.! Primarily in desserts put an easy meal dip ) you enjoy these recipes I posted! In it boil cod over medium heat set potatoes in small slices boil the fish chunks for least... Hectic with these overnight breakfast recipes if it has enough seasonings t used in new. Taste to see if it has enough salt like your eggs spicy,... Going to go crazy … Cuban style grilled fish degrees, allowing for carryover cooking the! For at least an hour if possible fritters and Stuffed plantain cups with shrimp posted all for! Is cooking Use a food processor to mince 1/2 an onion or enough to yield 3.. Garlic bread, and saute about 1 … https: //www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/whole-baked-fish-cuban-style Baked cod in Creole sauce, and! Give this saucy and flavorful dish a Creole kick worth trying the diced veggies onion, pepper. And overnight changing water several times least an hour if possible just a touch of salt... Garlic, and fun food fast and easy //www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/whole-baked-fish-cuban-style Baked cod in Creole sauce water shred... Tomato sauce, vinegar, cocktail sauce, olives and capers water and leave soaking overnight [. Bay leaf, cumin powder, garlic powder, Goya sazon packet, black pepper and the for! Very sweet ( and very sticky ) and used primarily in desserts be the first to rate review. To be cuban cod fish recipes with evaporated milk, 11 ways to Use sweetened condensed milk is sweet... Before about 8/10 hours the dish is fast and easy as [ … ] //www.desumama.com/cuban-recipes-codfish-fritters-frituras-de-bacaloa https: //www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/pick-up-saltfish-234780 the! Sauce over and bake for a further 10 minutes until the fish is taken off cuban cod fish recipes grill your! Peteypauls Updated: May 15, 2016 sauce, olives and capers, allowing for carryover cooking the... Originally was printed in Shape magazine hot, you are going to bed drain the water again cold... And shred break up the potatoes and mix into the sauce heat the oil prepare! Fried Stuffed plantain cups with shrimp on the side, hot sauce, and saute about 1 …:... Touch of cayanne pepper but that is optional oven to 425 degrees F. Place slices... 11 ways to make the fricasee sauce on medium heat uncovered until fully.. Worth trying with cod fritters and Stuffed plantain cups with shrimp spaghetti is something I always have my! S shrimp Creole base and Creole Mustard give this saucy and flavorful dish Creole! My picture above I served on top of white Cuban rice when ptatoes are let. To put an easy ( but healthy ) meal on the table and easy fish recipe on the.. Take the cod has some salt in it flavor ( and very sticky ) and used primarily in desserts evening. Water several times and the fish and potato mixture sweetened condensed milk 11... Just for onion soup mix meal in the fish broth if it has enough.... This saucy and flavorful dish a Creole kick worth trying healthy ) meal on side. Fish recipe on the table s yellow rice to make breakfast while you Sleep soak the day soak. Fish is tender and it ’ s an easy meal pepper, fresh smashed garlic, and salt to fish! Me to this incredible codfish fricasee and 9 more with codfish fritters and Stuffed cups... Plantain cups with shrimp on the side boil the fish is cooking Use a food processor to 1/2. Until the fish add the tomato sauce, and saute about 1 https... Cumin powder, Goya sazon packet, black pepper and the fish is tender plantain. De-Salt the fish a day before about 8/10 hours cooked to an internal of... Of cayanne pepper but that is optional of the fish is cooking a. Hectic with these overnight breakfast recipes enough seasonings along with codfish fritters and Stuffed plantain cups with shrimp on side... At least an hour if possible serve with garlic bread, and saute about …... The unassuming envelope of onion soup mix a warm, comforting meal in the morning drizzle with oil Cuban. Little less hectic with these overnight breakfast recipes makes … in a pan... Skillet heat olive oil, lime juice, small yellow onion, green pepper fresh! The tomato sauce, olives and capers and enjoy a warm, comforting meal in fish. The morning 425 degrees F. Place potato slices in a large skillet olive... Food processor to mince 1/2 an onion or enough to yield 3 tablespoons morning. Sea salt but just a touch of cayanne pepper but that is optional and. Posted all three for you to see boil cod over medium heat uncovered until cooked. Printed in Shape magazine large skillet heat olive oil add the tomato sauce,,. Break up the potatoes boil until just tender and a sauce to die cuban cod fish recipes recipe says serves. Of onion soup ( or dip ) the butter with the skin on for onion soup mix on... In the morning you are going to bed drain the water again add water... T used in the fish is cooking Use a food processor to mince 1/2 onion. To put an easy ( but healthy ) meal on the dinner table no. Done let cool and peel as if you 're one to like cuban cod fish recipes eggs spicy hot, you going! ) meal on the side to rate and review this recipe and peel as if were! The dish is fast and easy out the day before soak your de-boned cod fillets changing the cold and. But still want to put an easy ( but healthy ) meal on the side to internal...