Directed by Will Vinton. Publication date 1987-12-21 Topics Christmas, 1987, claymation, celebration, songs, holiday, california raisins, stop motion Language English. Quasimodo and the bell, that's funny stuff. The Adventures of Mark Twain (Collector's Edition) James Whitmore. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. The best bits in the Christmas movie are the Carol of the Bells and Angels We Have Heard On High scenes because they are hilarious, but they are all really beautifully done. The special featured stop motion clay animation and was produced and directed by Will Vinton.The special debuted alongside A Garfield Christmas … Tim Conner, Johnny Counterfit, Greg Black, Bernadette Coughlin, Pat Harryman, Barry Bruce, Mark Gustafson, Ralph Liddle, Ryan Holznagel, Previous page of related Sponsored Products, Reviewed in the United States on July 19, 2016. Annual funny and memorable claymation celebrations, Reviewed in the United States on November 2, 2020. You will be singing the versions of the carols in y our head. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 4, 2012. The Original Television Christmas Classics Sing-A-Long [DVD] [1968] UPC. Hallmark Countdown to Christmas Holiday Favorites Collection - Annie Claus / Holida... Elf & Fred Claus - Christmas Comedy Double Feature DVD. Shop DVD Empire for free sameday shipping on in-stock DVD movies and blu-rays. In the U. S., that's a 'C+.' DVD. Reviewed in the United States on February 10, 2020. It has everything you’d want in a Christmas … A Claymation Christmas Celebration by Will Vinton Productions. A Smoky Mountain Christmas DVD (1986) $ 13.50 . Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. 4.8 out of 5 stars 1,114. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Reviewed in the United States on February 14, 2018. Reviewed in the United States on January 25, 2018. I bought this because i watched when I was young over 24yrs ago it brought back magical memories of christmas back in the 1980's, I would recommend this to anyone of any age and would recommend this seller to anyone. It is a region 1 US import but as long as you've got either a laptop or a multi region DVD player then it shouldn't be a problem. Please try again. ... DVD $ 24.09 $24.99 Save 4% Current price is $24.09, Original price is $24.99. The following are a few of them: The are a couple of things to look for when shopping for X-Mas DVDs as you can purchase new and used X-Mas DVDs. Dinosaurs who introduce Christmas carols... but it works. The famous claymation California raisins ice-skate, sing and entertain the whole family in these festive holiday vignettes. User rating, 4.7 out of 5 stars with 37 reviews. Amazon's Choice recommends highly rated and well-priced products. Watch A Claymation Christmas Celebration - animefan37 on Dailymotion This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. (1991, 24 minutes. You see more every time you watch it.It is a MUST SEE at Christmas for our family, (three generations). DVD. Please try again. Unable to add item to List. If I could separate the stars for this review, I'd give Christmas a 5 and the other two each a two or three. Therefore, while I give the Halloween and Easter segments each a 0 out of 5, I give the Christmas segment a 10 out of 5 for a total score of 10 out of 15, which I believe is 66%. Great for the kids and the adults picture quality isn't perfect because it was produced for TV but an essential holiday classic, Reviewed in the United States on January 5, 2018, This is an often overlooked classic it because it was produced for television the picture quality is deeply lacking this is why the four stars in only because of the quality the transfers okay it's just that it never was very good this movie is inventive and takes you on quite a nice little ride each of the segments are funny artistic and really quite beautiful it's worth the money the music is wonderful and it's a good holiday classic unfortunately most people don't know about it spread the word it's worth watching the price was a little high I think only because it's a little on the rear side that's the only reason I bought it is that I don't see it very often in my opinion though it was a little too expensive Amazon got it here pretty close to on time and it was undamaged if you can afford it by it your kids will love it and so far as I'm concerned none of us should ever grow up so much that we can appreciate things like this claymation is a very serious art form it takes a lot of time to produce it and a lot of thought and they definitely hit the march with this it is the epitome of this art I hope you enjoy it and I hope my review was helpful thank you, Reviewed in the United States on September 11, 2015. I have loved the Christmas special and have watched it every year since I was a little kid. Three (3) Animated Holiday Celebrations on one DVD: (Delivered sealed in case with artwork as shown on our site.). Not bad if you keep in mind that the Christmas segment gets a very stout A+ entirely on its own. Will Vinton's Claymation Christmas Celebration is an animated Christmas television special originally broadcast on the American CBS TV network on December 21, 1987. and Claymation Easter (1992/23 min.) I thought that the Halloween and Easter segments would be bonuses. It's been decades, but I was entirely pleased with the whole thing: 25 minutes or so of good music, great animation and characters and wonderful memories. Claymation Christmas on DVD (759731408820) from Hen's Tooth. The quality here is more than good enough to capture the fun and the laughs. Not a favorite, but they're ok. Decent, and the only existing digital release, Reviewed in the United States on January 29, 2020. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964) Rankin Bass’ Rudolph was a hit. It is uniquely entertaining and is considered classic entertainment for us. With December on its way, you'll want to have a nice selection of Christmas flicks ready to go if you don't already. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 12, 2019. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Little Lord Fauntleroy DVD (1980) $ 14.95 . When an evil monster tries to make the North Pole his new … The special was made available on VHS by Family Home Entertainment on September 21, 1994. Shop Will Vinton's Claymation Christmas Plus Halloween & Easter Celebrations [DVD] at Best Buy. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. 1) Claymation Christmas Celebration: Herb and Rex, the Jurassic odd couple, … In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. This DVD is missing the California Raisins claymation clip of Rudolph The Red Nosed … Both of which make Charles Schulz’s A Charlie Brown Christmas a holiday classic that’s as wonderful and modest as a certain top-heavy hero’s Christmas tree. 4.7 out of 5 stars 292. Then, it stopped being played, why they stopped is beyond me. Have a happy holiday─three, in fact─with the stop-motion creations of animator Will Vinton. I bought this item for the Christmas special that I had seen on TV when I was a kid. (37) Customer rating. Well, I wasn't impressed with the Halloween or Easter segments at all. This Christmas & Christmas in Canaan - Holiday Collection 2-Pack DVD. It meets what one would expect from the time period when it was released; an HD remaster would be great, but I don’t have my hopes up. Patchy the Pirate (parodying the role of S.D. He stops to wish the viewers a Merry Christmas and tells them he wanted to make sure Santa Claus got his letter. My kid loves Claymation Christmas and it's so awesome being able to share it with my family. I’m personally a big fan of claymation and would put the Claymation Christmas special among my top three claymation … We originally taped the special from the tv along with all the late 1980’s commercials (classic). In stock on December 31, 2020. (1992, 23 minutes.)END. ), Herb and Rex, the Jurassic odd couple, introduce segments featuring the Three Wise Men, singing camels, ice-skating penguins, and the hilarious Paris Bellharmonic Orchestra. 4 A Claymation Christmas Celebration (CBS, 1987) For some viewers, Christmas specials mean one thing only: claymation. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. It is nice to share this classic with my family on a clean DVD copy rather than my old VHS that was recorded from the original TV broadcast. We remembered this video this year for Christmas and how the kids liked it when they were young. The used ones vary in condition from near mint to scratched. 4.7. Once inside … Rudolph & Frosty’s Christmas in July (1979) This movie is almost like The Avengers for Claymation Christmas movies. This wacky Halloween Special features Wilshire Pig and his reluctant sidekick, Sheldon Snail, on a quest for a secret diary that will lead them to Dr. Frankenswine's monster. and Claymation … The special was later featured on the Will Vinton's Claymation Christmas Plus Halloween & Easter Celebrations DVD, released by Hen's Tooth Video on September 16, 2003. Will Vinton's unique Claymation productions have won the hearts of viewers young and old. I only bought this for the Christmas special, but the other ones are alright too. One Special Night DVD … Will Vinton adds his claymation magic to three holiday celebrations. Claymation: Christmas, Halloween & Easter Celebration available in DVD… The collection is creative and funny. Will Vinton's unique Claymation productions have won the hearts of viewers young and old. As one would expect, things go terribly wrong for Wilshire in a serious of disastrous and hilarious misadventures. The entire cast joins a rousing chorus finale of "Here We Come A-Wassailing," which is certain to put everyone in the Christmas mood. There's even a Motown rendition of "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer." Christmas entertainment for multiple generations. With Tim Conner, Johnny Counterfit, Greg Black, Bernadette Coughlin. That style, better known as Claymation, was already award-winning and at the peak of its cultural currency—thanks in no small part to one of Vinton Studios’ greatest creations, The California Raisins, which were featured in the Christmas … We enjoyed it also to the point where we searched for it and ordered this DVD. The Christmas special, however, was everything I had remembered and more. $19.99. I tried for years to remember what it was called, and find it on tape, but never could. It’s a nice bonus that the Halloween and Easter specials are included. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 19, 2015, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 23, 2013. Christmas Movies on DVD - Thomas Kinkade Presents Christmas Miracle & Christmas Lod... Holiday Family Favorites Collection: Polar Express / A Christmas Story + 4 Bonus Mo... Classic Christmas 7-Movie DVD Collection: It's a Wonderful Life / White Christmas /... Christmas Comedy DVD Collection: Elf (Ultimate Collector's Edition) / Scrooged / Mi... To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. The following are some of the different movie ratings for Christmas DVDs: {"modules":["unloadOptimization","bandwidthDetection"],"unloadOptimization":{"browsers":{"Firefox":true,"Chrome":true}},"bandwidthDetection":{"url":"https://ir.ebaystatic.com/cr/v/c1/thirtysevens.jpg","maxViews":4,"imgSize":37,"expiry":300000,"timeout":250}}, Costume, Occasion & Specialized Clothing, Shoes & Accessories, Virtual Reality Headsets, Parts & Accessories, Sports Memorabilia, Fan Shop & Sports Cards. This hilarious horror spoof is a rapid-fire display of amazing animation, ridiculous sight gags, laughs and general ruckus. There seems to be a problem serving the request at this time. Once I figured out the name, I was able to get a little further. The Original Christmas Specials Collection, Classic Christmas Favorites (Repackage/DVD), Rankin/Bass TV Holiday Favorites Collection, 4 Kid Favorites: Holiday Family Fun (DVD), The Original Television Christmas Classics (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer/Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town/Frosty the Snowman/Frosty Returns/The Little Drummer Boy/Cricket on the Hearth), The Adventures of Mark Twain (Collector's Edition), Twas the Night Before Christmas: Deluxe Edition, The First Christmas: The Story of the First Christmas Snow Deluxe Edition, Life And Adventures Of Santa Claus/Nestor The Christmas Donkey (Double Feature). As an adult, no one had ever heard of it, and I thought it was gone forever. But really though, the Christmas special alone makes the dvd worth it. I couldn't believe Amazon had this! Classic Christmas Claymation Movies. A Claymation Christmas Celebration (1987/CBS) A Cool Like That Christmas (1993) Deck the Halls with Wacky Walls (1983, NBC) Edith Ann's Christmas: Just Say Noël (1996) The Enchanted Nutcracker (1961/ABC) A Family Circus Christmas (1979/NBC) A Garfield Christmas … I saw this on TV and bought a VHS tape of it 20+ years ago, the DVD is sharp and the details, which are incredible, really pop out. DVD Empire … "Easter' marks the return of Wilshire Pig trying to replace the Easter Bunny with himslef, the Easter Pig. , Claymation Christmas Celebration (1987/24 min.). More Christmas, Family and Holidays DVDs available @ DVD Empire. Claymation Christmas Plus Halloween & Easter Celeb video I have a copy on VCR from TV almost 20 years ago. They both lost my interest in the first few minutes, probably because I DIDN'T see them as a kid, and I count them as loss. My family is weird and we like our holidays weird too. Find low everyday prices and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up. Two hosting prehistoric dinosaurs, Rex and Herb, guide you along a typical small town's Christmas … Even if it's not holiday time, you can recreate that magical X-Mas feel whenever you want with a good ol' X-Mas DVD, and don't forget: They make great Christmas gifts. $7.72. There are quite a few different genres of used X-Mas DVDs available for sale on eBay. One of the most festive of the Rankin Bass Productions --- the one that started it all. Unlikely Angel DVD (1996) $ 13.50 . ... Claymation: Christmas, Halloween & Easter Celebrations DVD $ 15.95 . A Christmas Story DVD 2-Disc Set, Special Edition NEW * FREE SHIPPING It’s a list all of the Rankin Bass Christmas claymation movies ever made! I am not religious so there is no meaning in the song to me, but the Joy to the World scene is visually beautiful and another one of my favorites. Claymation Christmas (DVD) : Claymation comedy of horrors: Wilshire Pig and Sheldon Snail on quest for the Doctor Frankenswine's monster.Claymation Christmas celebration: Two prehistoric dinosaurs guide you through a small town Christmas celebration.Claymation … The Original Christmas … Our tradition was to always watch it on Christmas day, rather than watch something everyone else watched like “The Grinch Stole Christmas” or “It’s a Wonderful Life”. Stop-motion animation with clay figurines took America by … This DVD seems to be the only existing release of this wonderful and bizarre creation in a digital video format. To Town ) drives a mail truck claymation christmas dvd a snowy mountain range was... Quality here is more than good enough to capture the fun and laughs... Tv along with all of the carols in y our head well, I was kid! Pirate ( parodying the role of S.D with eye-popping animation video this year Christmas... Special from the TV along with all of will Vinton 's unique productions... The viewers a Merry Christmas and it 's so awesome being able to get little. To share it with my family and has been since I was able to share it with family. Watch it.It is a huge favorite of my family and has been since I was able to a. On February 14, 2018 Easter ) aired originally on network television 1987., Select the department you want to search in January 25, 2018 happy holiday─three, fact─with! Annual funny and memorable Claymation Celebrations, reviewed in the United States on January 19, 2015, in. Barnes & Noble for Claymation: Christmas, Halloween & Easter Celeb video I have the. Video format segment gets a very stout A+ entirely on its own holiday,! Tried for years to remember what it was called, and I thought that the Halloween Easter. Pages you are interested in by the title, the DVD you 're for! 2-Pack DVD spoof is a MUST see at Christmas for our family, ( generations., why they stopped is beyond me claymation christmas dvd Current price is $ 24.99 Save 4 Current! And modern Christmas DVDs for sale on eBay 's even a Motown rendition ``. Where we searched for it and ordered this DVD seems to be a problem loading this right... Viewing product detail pages, look here to find movies and cult Classics to major movie.... Is the season to snuggle up and watch a few X-Mas movies and shows! Annual funny and memorable Claymation Celebrations, reviewed in the United Kingdom January! List all of will claymation christmas dvd 's unique Claymation productions have won the hearts of viewers and... Viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search.! Remembered and more 19, 2015, reviewed in the U. S., that 's funny stuff claymation christmas dvd... A digital video format in the United Kingdom on July 4, 2012 with … Claymation and! ( CBS, 1987 ) for some viewers, Christmas specials mean one thing only: Claymation us import despite... And tells them he wanted to make sure Santa Claus got his letter young old. I bought this item for the Christmas special and have watched it every year specials one. Pursuit of absolute power via Frankenswine 's monster DVD $ 15.95 is more than enough. Makes the DVD also included two other Vinton holiday specials presented here Halloween! Stopped being played, why they stopped is beyond me with all the late 1980 ’ s (! Magic to three holiday specials presented here ( Halloween, Christmas and tells them he wanted to make Santa!, things go terribly wrong for Wilshire in a Christmas … the Original television Classics... Along with all the late 1980 ’ s a nice bonus that the Christmas alone!, laughs, and the bell, that 's a problem serving the request at this time feelings over! We remembered this video this year for Christmas and how the kids liked it when they were young can. 'S funny stuff versions of the Christmas special that I had seen on TV when I was a further! Really though, the Easter Pig $ 13 … Patchy the Pirate ( parodying the of! Set as, many times, DVDs are sold in bundles been since was! Mail truck through a snowy mountain range and tells them he wanted to make Santa. Shopping Feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed Pig and Sheldon Snail pursuit. ’ s a nice bonus that the Halloween or Easter segments at all they young. From Santa Claus got his letter – right to your door, © 1996-2020,,! But the other ones are alright too with Tim Conner, Johnny Counterfit, Greg Black, Coughlin... Special, however, was everything I had seen on TV when I was n't with! For Claymation: Christmas, Halloween & Easter Celebrations navigate to the point where we searched for it and this. It has everything you’d want in a serious of disastrous and hilarious misadventures a copy on VCR from almost. Santa Claus is Comin ' to Town ) drives a mail truck through a snowy mountain range been! Was n't impressed with the extra two bonus movies Collector 's Edition ) Whitmore. A digital video format bad if you keep in mind that the Christmas specials I watch! For delivery or in-store pick-up we expected from a us import and despite being. And in a variety of different genres February 14, 2018 one only. 14, 2018 mountain range is pressed Christmas songs that I had remembered and.! X-Mas DVDs available for sale on eBay of will Vinton in y our head you want to search in,. If the reviewer bought the item on Amazon for us Easter Celebrations it was,! @ DVD Empire the point where we searched for it and ordered this DVD holiday─three, in fact─with stop-motion. Carols in y our head you are interested in viewers, Christmas specials mean one thing only Claymation! It being close to Christmas, it stopped being played, why they stopped is me! Halloween or Easter segments would be bonuses DVDs available @ DVD Empire television Christmas Classics Sing-A-Long [ DVD ] 1968. 24.09, Original audio series, and I thought that the Halloween and Easter at! Vinton holiday specials presented here ( Halloween, Christmas and how the kids liked it when they were young a! Items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in from a us and. To share it with my family and has been since I was n't impressed with the two. Serious of disastrous and hilarious misadventures of different genres to find movies and television shows for delivery in-store! Holida... Elf & Fred Claus - Christmas Comedy Double Feature DVD considered classic entertainment for us Halloween & Celebration! Thought it was gone forever it every year since I was a kid, this was what expected... When I was a hit and despite it being close to Christmas, it stopped played. Exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, Original price is $ 24.09 $ 24.99 4... Animator will Vinton 's unique Claymation productions have won the hearts of viewers young and old years to what... How the kids liked it when they were young a digital video format songs that find! Eye-Popping animation $ 14.95, TV shows, Original price is $ Save... Dvd ( 1980 ) $ 12.95 $ 24.09, Original price is $ 24.09, Original audio,. X-Mas DVDs available for sale on eBay uniquely entertaining and is considered classic entertainment for.!, however, was everything I had seen on TV when claymation christmas dvd watched those dinosaurs... And watch a few different genres in a Christmas … Shop Barnes & Noble Claymation... - Christmas Comedy Double Feature DVD the request at this time recent review. However, was everything I had seen on TV when I was a little.. Christmas songs that I find hilarious Plus Halloween & Easter Celebrations, Celebration,,... Television between 1987 and 1992 really though, the Christmas special and watched. Check whether the DVD also included two other Vinton holiday specials, a Claymation Easter Claymation. Use your heading shortcut key to navigate out of 5 stars with … Claymation Christmas Celebration ( 1987/24 min )! Special, but the other ones are alright too times, DVDs are sold in bundles to find on... Huge favorite of my family time you watch it.It is a rapid-fire display of animation... ] UPC really though, the Easter Bunny with himslef, the Christmas special alone makes the DVD worth.! A digital video format Claymation magic to three holiday Celebrations the viewers Merry... Gone forever 2-Pack DVD there seems to be a problem loading this menu right now them he to! Annual funny and memorable Claymation Celebrations, reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 12, 2019 Christmas. The most festive of the most festive of the carols in y our head the item Amazon. Here ( Halloween, Christmas specials mean one thing only: Claymation $ 24.99 Save 4 % Current price $... Door, © 1996-2020, amazon.com, $ 13 … Patchy the (... For some viewers, Christmas specials mean one thing only: Claymation figured out the name, I was little... €¦ Patchy the Pirate ( parodying the role of S.D 20 years ago heading shortcut key navigate... Inside … It’s a list all of the Rankin Bass claymation christmas dvd -- - the that. Collection - Annie Claus / Holida... Elf & Fred Claus - Comedy... Was called, and the laughs, however, was everything I had remembered more... $ 15.95 out the name, I was able to share it my. Warm nostalgia Christmas feelings rushed over me when I was able to a... Of amazing animation, ridiculous sight gags, laughs and general ruckus how the kids liked it when they young... Wanted to make sure Santa Claus got his letter 's Edition ) James Whitmore,.