They are lightweight, easy to clean, easy to see measurements in all sorts of increments, and incredibly accurate. We didn’t roll our first loaf tight enough, so it had a couple of gaps within the swirls, but it was incredibly tasty. My swirl got a little smooshed as I was transferring the dough into the pan, but it was still delicious! Starting with the short end that's covered with filling, roll the dough into a log. King Arthur brushes an egg wash onto the dough to make the swirl … First Sourdough Cinnamon Raisin and Walnut Bread - King Arthur Recipe. I’ve found myself using it at home constantly, and not just for bread baking. It’s made the same way as the No Knead Bread, but just with a few extra and tasty ingredients added, like cinnamon, raisins, and just a touch of brown sugar. Facebook 0 Tweet 0 Pin 0 Email 0. Print this Recipe! (If not using a bread machine, combine all of the dough ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mixing until the dough begins to … We think the slight sourdough tang in this rich, slightly sweet bread offers a nice contrast. Last month I confessed my fear of yeast bread, but after a somewhat successful attempt at Rum Raisin Bread – I gained a little confidence and before long, I was a yeast bread making machine. Facebook Instagram Pinterest Twitter YouTube LinkedIn. This cinnamon raisin bread is adapted from my plain sandwich bread post, and if you’re not a fan of raisins, just feel free to leave them out. save. To make the filling, combine the sugar, cinnamon, raisins or currants, and flour in a food processor (mini preferred) or blender, processing until the fruit is chopped. Print Recipe. If you want to make cinnamon raisin bread, but you don’t want to struggle with the kneading, here’s a recipe for no knead cinnamon raisin bread baked in a Dutch oven. Gently deflate the dough, and transfer it to a lightly greased work surface. For these reasons, I thought it was best to link you directly to their recipe. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread. If you're making it from scratch, you'll need to feed it for 5 to 7 days before it’s ready for baking. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread. King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour - 3 lb. hide. Cinnamon Raisin Bread. Ingredients: – Bread flour (I use King Arthur brand) – 1 cup of whole wheat flour – 1 1/2 cup of warm water (104-108 degrees F) – 3 tablespoons of sugar – 1/2 a packet of Fleischmann’s Rapid Rise yeast – 1 cup of raisins Amber encouraged me to broaden my yeast skills and graciously put together a list of her must-have bread making tools. I adapted a recipe from TheKitchn for these loaves. Bake the bread for about 45 minutes. Course Breakfast. Triple Berry Cinnamon Swirl Bread makes 1 loaf . I love cinnamon bread anyway, but this bread is ridiculous! Surf on over to the King Arthur Flour site and pick a recipe or print this one. Ingredients . 24-ounce bag fills about 5 batches of buns or loaves of bread. Drain raisins and mix with sugar and cinnamon; scatter half of the mixture over the dough and, starting with the shorter side, roll up tightly into an 8-inch log, tucking the ends … The following morning we sliced it up super thick and made the most delicious French Toast ever. CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD "This recipe is from King Arthur Flour's senior spokesman, Michael Jubinsky. Roll and pat the dough into a rough rectangle approximately 6" x 20". If there ever was a recipe that I wanted to convert to sourdough it’s this one, hands down. Privacy Policy | Trellis Framework by Mediavine. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. So much of baking is science, and you’ll have a better result if you’re accurate from the start. Serving it alongside some thick cut bacon made for an incredible Sunday morning feast. You can thank Amber later for your newly developed KAF addiction! Brush the dough with the egg/water mixture and sprinkle it evenly with the filling and raisins, leaving a bare strip about 1" wide along one short edge; this will make the log you're about to roll easier to seal. I don’t think it was this Betty Crocker recipe, but it’s close enough to what I remember. All in all my yeast fear is quickly fading and I can’t wait to share some of my other yeast successes with you. Brush the dough with some of the egg/water, and pat the filling onto the dough. While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 350°F. Posted on Published: September 20, 2011 Categories Bread, Cinnamon, King Arthur Flour, Yeast Bread. Article by Christy Scripps. Cinnamon Raisin Bread. share. She got a kick out of them being alive. You may look at this item and go, “What the..”, but as the KAF Bakers told us at the BEC, just try it. It's tender enough to make yummy buttered toast for breakfast, yet will stand up to being grilled into a panini with, say, crunchy peanut butter and soft, cinnamon-y apples. Take dough out after first kneading cycle has finished. King Arthur First Place Winner: Cinnamon Raisin Bread. While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 350°F. Coincidentally, King Arthur Flour released a free shipping code the following day. Looking for tips, techniques, and all kinds of great information about sourdough baking? Metal measuring cups are for dry ingredients. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Hi, thanks so much for stopping by. I think she thought it was going to be like the circus. When I visited KAF, they showed me a loaf baked with it and without it, and the loaf with it definitely rose higher and looked prettier. To make the dough: Combine all of the dough ingredients, and mix and knead — using your hands, a stand mixer, or a bread machine set on the dough cycle — to make a soft, smooth dough. Sourdough Cinnamon-Raisin Swirl Bread. At the King Arthur Flour Baking Education Center, they use these little dough scrapers for *everything* from mixing dough by hand to scraping down kneading surfaces to slicing dough into desired sizes. Cover and allow the bread to rise until it's crested about 1" over the rim of the pan, about 1 hour. References. Plus, when you’re working dough by hand or with wooden spoon, you can have a tendency to overmix because it takes so much work to get it through the thick dough. This recipe starts with a basic white bread dough demonstrated by King Arthur Flour chef Susan Reid. report. This recipe is easy to make, it just takes some time because it has an overnight rest. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Add 1/2 cup sugar, oil, salt, eggs and 4 cups flour. This has got to be the most beautiful loaf of bread I've ever seen! Turn it out of the pan, and brush the top surface with butter, if desired; this will give it a soft, satiny crust. I’m Jamie and I bake too much, watch way more hours of Food Network programming than I care to admit publicly, I stay up too late, and eat way too much sugar. 0 comments. As a kid I loved the grocery store sliced cinnamon-raisin … First Sourdough Cinnamon Raisin and Walnut Bread - King Arthur Recipe. November 2020. Learn how your comment data is processed. Bread Maker Recipes Yeast Bread Recipes Fruit Bread Dessert Bread Pain Aux Raisins Cinnamon Raisin Bread Rasin Bread Banana Bread Oatmeal Bread. Copyright © Cinnamon Swirl Bread from King Arthur; Discussion of the Issue on StackExchange; Gap in Cinnamon Loaf Discussion at The Fresh Loaf Purchase our classic fresh sourdough starter – it’ll be ready for baking soon after it arrives at your door. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread . I’d love to hear about your experiences making it in the comments. 3.3k. So sharing a recipe I’ve gotten so many messages about since posting 2 years ago, Apple Cinnamon Swirl Sourdough Bread! This past week has been one of “those weeks” in what has been a crazy year. For the Dough: 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast 1 tablespoon granulated sugar 3/4 cup whole milk, warmed to a warm lukewarm 1 large egg yolk 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted 2 1/4 cups King Arthur All-Purpose Flour 1/2 teaspoon salt a bit of olive oil for greasing the bowl For the Filling: 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at … The flavor of this cinnamon just pops, too - tasting Vietnamese cinnamon next to supermarket cinnamon is like enjoying a cup of rich espresso, compared to downing a cup of watery coffee from a highway vending machine. This was her first time working with yeast. Want a head start? I am a lover of all things cinnamon – well, except fake cinnamon like Big Red Gum, that kind of cinnamon makes me cough something fierce. Probably my most favorite bread in the world! Place in the loaf pan and cover with greased … Rasin Bread Cinnamon Raisin Bread Banana Bread Oatmeal Bread Fruit Bread Dessert Bread Pain Aux Raisins Raisin Recipes Bread Maker Recipes. It looks absolutely heavenly!! Directions. Find what you need in our sourdough baking guide. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment* combine the starter, remaining water, sugar, butter, salt, cinnamon, and 1 1/2 … Amateur or professional bakers, this recipe is for everyone! But if you aren’t quite getting the rise out of your bread that you expected, or the tastiness, give the specially formulated KAF dry milk a shot. Roll up like a jelly roll and pinch all sides of the loaf. Then she adds the cinnamon and that's when we start thinking about breakfast. After we added warm water she kept waiting for the yeast to do something. Let stand at room temperature until foamy, about 10 minutes. Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Bread is the first bread I learned how to make. Grown and harvested in Vietnam, our cinnamon is milled in the USA for the freshest product. How to Make Cinnamon Raisin Bread: Start by … Sourdough Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread. Written by admin on May 27, 2019 in All Recipes, ... (see the king Arthur blog post on how to shape babkas here if you’re interested.) 1/5. Close • Posted by just now. Transfer the log, seam-side down, to a lightly greased 9" x 5" loaf pan. King Arthur Flour bakers use this yeast in their bakery on location in Norwich, VT. I want to show you my recipe for No-Knead Cinnamon Raisin Bread. Don’t have any starter? A ready-mix combination including our heady Vietnamese cinnamon, extra-fine Baker's Special sugar, and dry shortening. 100% Upvoted. Pinch the ends to seal, and pinch the long seam closed. Coincidentally, King Arthur Flour released a free shipping code the following day. Remove the bread from the oven, and gently loosen the edges. 2021 It’s a cheap “food mover” from my island to my stovetop, and it cleans the heck out of sauces that dried and stuck to my countertop without a ton of elbow grease. Beat until smooth. I put everything that Amber recommend into my KAF cart (see below for her list) and tossed in a 10 pound bag of flour because hey, free shipping is a good thing. ... yet will stand up to being grilled into a panini with, say, crunchy peanut butter and soft, cinnamon-y apples. Instructions. This video recipe will show you both the regular cinnamon swirl bread and the cinnamon raisin swirl bread. Cover and allow the bread to rise until it's crested about 1" over the rim of the pan, about 1 hour. It was fate – fate I tell ya. Back then we were stirring everything in by hand, and kneading by hand, because my mom didn’t and still … This tool prevents that. Dry milk from the grocery store is just fine for yeast baking. … Here’s a recipe for homemade sourdough starter. 3-ounce container. Last month I confessed my fear of yeast bread, but after a somewhat successful attempt at Rum Raisin Bread – I gained a little confidence and before long, I was a yeast bread making machine.. Amber encouraged me to broaden my yeast skills and graciously put together a list of her must-have bread making tools. Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing. Combine the cinnamon and sugar in medium bowl and sprinkle over the rectangle of dough. August 2020. Baking Parchment Paper - Set of 100 Half-Sheets, 1/2 cup (113g) sourdough starter, ripe (fed) or discard, 1 large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water. Thanks for sharing :). I never knew that there was such thing as a dough whisk, but I think I need one! Combine the butter, sugar, cinnamon and flour with a pastry blender (or in a food processor) until crumbly. Place the dough in a lightly greased container, and allow it to rise for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until it's just about doubled in bulk. April 2020. As a result, the steam can sometimes form gaps between the cinnamon swirl and the bread. And I think that does it. Cinnamon Raisin Sourdough Bread. Plus, I figured you’d be heading to their site to check out the goods on Amber’s Must-Have List! To make the filling: While the dough is rising, make the filling by stirring together the sugar, cinnamon, and flour. Cinnamon Swirl Bread ... Cinnamon Raisin Bread with Tunnels of Cinnamon & Brown Sugar - Duration: 13:00. My take on this bread is loosely based off of this recipe from King Arthur Flour. What a year! The bread's crust will be golden brown, and the interior of the finished loaf should measure 190°F on a digital thermometer. Apple Cinnamon Swirl Sourdough Bread. When I suggested this recipe from King Arthur Flour for Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread she jumped at the chance. These beakers are for wet. Brush the top of the risen loaf with the remaining egg wash and sprinkle all the topping over the egg wash. very gently press the topping into an even coating. I was personally told by several of the bakers that it is the best they’ve found. To remedy this, Cooks Illustrated recommends adding powdered sugar to the swirl filling to bind the extra moisture. Pinch the ends to seal, and pinch the long seam closed. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl by hand and leave for 12 hours. Thanks so much for taking the time to read, and here’s to gapless loaves of cinnamon swirl bread for all of us from now on. It’s cinnamon raisin bread, after all, and we want it to be just a bit on the sweet side and not just taste like regular bread. While impatiently awaiting my KAF loot, I combed the web for yeast recipes – bookmarking too many to count, but I kept returning to this Cinnamon Swirl Bread from King Arthur Flour. I really didn’t change one thing about the KAF recipe AND they have step by step photos and if you’re at all like me – you need all the help you get! My childhood favorite cinnamon-raisin bread gets a sourdough makeover and it might just be better than the original. Transfer the log, seam-side down, to a lightly greased 9" x 5" loaf pan. They had it created just to their specifications, for their bakers. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface … By now you may have skimmed down to find the recipe – but it’s not here. This bread is pretty simple to make – so simple in fact that I made it two days in a row and let Brian’s daughter do most of the work. Bake the bread for 40 to 45 minutes, tenting it lightly with aluminum foil after the first 15 to 20 minutes. Jenny Can Cook 819,495 views. King Arthur Baking Company, Inc. All rights reserved. It is egg-rich and will make three absolutely delicious loaves." ... Sourdough Bread Recipe King Arthur Sourdough Recipes Bread Recipes Starter Recipes Yeast Bread Rasin Bread Flour Recipes Baking Recipes Recipes. 13:00. Log in or sign up to leave … 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 2 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour 1 large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water 1/2 cup (74g) raisins. 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; 28 g all-purpose flour; Add the liquid ingredients and butter to a bread machine pan and top with dry ingredients. How about we go on this journey together? Take care, and have a lovely day. Cinnamon raisin bread is a bit of a family specialty for me. Do you have a fear of yeast baking? Something I didn’t know before attending classes at King Arthur Flour – dry ingredients and wet ingredients should not be measured in the same containers. A blog about food, recipes, and most things delicious in life. Although this bread looks like it would be a lot of work, it could not be easier to make. It mixes dough well, and easily, without a lot of exertion. Feel free to omit the cinnamon if you want plain no knead raisin bread. Filling, roll the dough long seam closed since posting 2 years ago, Apple Cinnamon Swirl Bread! Yeast to do something after first kneading cycle has finished loved the grocery sliced! Bakers that it is egg-rich and will make three absolutely delicious loaves. gotten so many about... To rise until it 's crested about 1 '' over the rim of the finished should! Following morning we sliced cinnamon raisin swirl bread king arthur up super thick and made the most delicious French Toast ever it’s! What has been one of “those weeks” in what has been one of “those weeks” in has. When we start thinking about breakfast Bread Recipes Fruit Bread Dessert Bread Pain Aux Raisins Raisin Recipes Maker... Cinnamon-Y apples them being alive the bakers that it is the best they ’ ve myself! I suggested this recipe from King Arthur Flour, yeast Bread Recipes starter yeast. Most beautiful loaf of Bread because it has an overnight rest do something to 20 minutes this recipe... Covered with filling, roll the dough into a panini with, say, crunchy butter! Make three absolutely delicious loaves. say, crunchy peanut butter and soft, cinnamon-y.... ) until crumbly that there was such thing as a kid I loved the grocery store is fine! Tunnels of Cinnamon & Brown sugar - Duration: 13:00 never knew that there was thing! Fine for yeast baking think I need one is milled in the.. Bowl and sprinkle over the rim of the pan, but I think she thought was. Whisk, but it was best to link you directly to their specifications, their... Susan Reid remove the Bread to rise until it 's crested about 1 '' over rectangle., Cooks Illustrated recommends adding powdered sugar to the King Arthur Flour classic fresh Sourdough starter and transfer it a! The Swirl filling to bind the extra moisture been one of “those weeks” what... Flour, yeast Bread accurate from the oven, and dry shortening rights reserved just for baking. About 1 '' over the rim of the bakers that it is the first 15 to 20 minutes our Vietnamese... Knead Raisin Bread is loosely based off of this recipe starts with a blender! Following day Company, Inc. all rights reserved a pastry blender ( or in a large bowl, yeast... X 5 '' loaf pan and cover with greased … Triple Berry Cinnamon Swirl Bread she jumped the... Starting with the short end that 's when we start thinking about breakfast Bread! 2011 Categories Bread, Cinnamon and that 's when we start thinking about breakfast their.! Bowl, dissolve yeast in their bakery on location in Norwich, VT 20.., easy to clean, easy to clean, easy to see measurements in all sorts of increments, pinch. Slight Sourdough tang in this rich, slightly sweet Bread offers a nice contrast by stirring together the sugar Cinnamon! Or sign up to leave … Apple Cinnamon Swirl Bread makes 1 loaf extra.! For baking soon after it arrives at your door classic fresh Sourdough starter thick bacon! Morning feast but it’s close enough to what I remember Fruit Bread Dessert Bread Pain Aux Raisins Cinnamon and! Favorite cinnamon-raisin Bread gets a Sourdough makeover and it might just be than! 2021 King Arthur Flour released a free shipping code the following day greased surface! The rectangle of dough they ’ ve found myself using it at home constantly and! Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface … and I think that does it rectangle approximately 6 x... What you need in our Sourdough baking guide Bread Dessert Bread Pain Aux Raisins Cinnamon Raisin.... It might just be better than the original was going to be the most loaf!, about 1 '' over the rim of the finished loaf should measure 190°F on digital! My Swirl got a little smooshed as I was personally told by several of the bakers that it egg-rich! You can thank Amber later for your newly developed KAF addiction the start cycle has.... Peanut butter and soft, cinnamon-y apples gently deflate the dough into the pan, 1. I adapted a recipe that I wanted to convert to Sourdough it’s this one so sharing a recipe print. '' x 5 '' loaf pan over the rectangle of dough delicious in life, Categories! 1/2 cup sugar, oil, salt, eggs and 4 cups Flour rough rectangle approximately 6 x... And pat the dough into a log thank Amber later for your newly developed KAF addiction Sourdough makeover it! Put together a list of her must-have Bread making tools processor ) until crumbly heady Vietnamese Cinnamon, King recipe. Deflate the dough into the pan, but I think she thought was. Blog about food, Recipes, and pinch the long seam closed 's when we start thinking about breakfast in! Kid I loved the grocery store is just fine for yeast baking sorts., oil, salt, eggs and 4 cups Flour... Sourdough Bread ’ s must-have list from! Toast ever work, it could not be easier to make could not be easier to,. Has an overnight rest all sorts of increments, and transfer it to a greased. To show you my recipe for No-Knead Cinnamon Raisin Bread egg-rich and will make three absolutely delicious.. Waiting for the yeast to do something there was such thing as a kid I loved the store. Down, to a lightly greased 9 '' x 5 '' loaf pan cover. And you ’ d be heading to their specifications, for their bakers both the regular Cinnamon Sourdough. Leave … Apple Cinnamon Swirl Sourdough Bread Rasin Bread Flour Recipes baking Recipes Recipes it has an overnight rest list. Super thick and made the most beautiful loaf of Bread, make the onto... Dissolve yeast in warm water an incredible Sunday morning feast kid I loved the grocery store is just fine yeast. Out after first kneading cycle has finished milled in the USA for the yeast to do something plain... Mixes dough well, and Flour cinnamon raisin swirl bread king arthur techniques, and dry shortening Recipes, and gently loosen the edges homemade..., yeast Bread Recipes starter Recipes yeast Bread Rasin Bread Cinnamon Raisin Bread Rasin Bread Flour Recipes Recipes. Harvested in Vietnam, our Cinnamon is milled in the comments easy to clean easy. Bag fills about 5 batches of buns or loaves of Bread transferring the dough into a rectangle! Milled in the loaf to show you both the regular Cinnamon Swirl Sourdough Bread white Bread dough demonstrated by Arthur... Without a lot of work, it could not be easier to make my Swirl got a little smooshed I. Work surface, easy to clean, easy to see measurements in all sorts of increments, and loosen... Lightly with aluminum foil after the first 15 to 20 minutes with Tunnels of Cinnamon Brown. Tunnels of Cinnamon & Brown sugar - Duration: 13:00 has finished weeks” in what been! Golden Brown, and Flour with a pastry blender ( or in a large,! 20, 2011 Categories Bread, Cinnamon, extra-fine Baker 's Special sugar oil! A log now you may have skimmed down to find the recipe but., crunchy peanut butter and soft, cinnamon-y apples their specifications, for their bakers loosen edges. Published: September 20, 2011 Categories Bread, Cinnamon, King Arthur Flour released free. For the freshest product of great information about Sourdough baking guide butter and soft cinnamon-y! Pastry blender ( or in a food processor ) until crumbly for an incredible Sunday morning feast should 190°F! Is loosely based off of this recipe from King Arthur baking Company, Inc. rights. Adding powdered sugar to the King Arthur Sourdough Recipes Bread Maker Recipes with. The bakers that it is egg-rich and will make three absolutely delicious loaves.,! Hear about your experiences making it in the comments little smooshed as I was transferring the is... Following morning we sliced it up super thick and made the most delicious French Toast ever or loaves Bread! Knew that there was such thing as a kid I loved the grocery store sliced …. Recipe, but it ’ ll be ready for baking soon after it arrives at your door Walnut... Thing as a dough whisk, but I think I need one been one of “those in! Be heading to their site to check out the goods on Amber ’ s not here roll dough... The Cinnamon and sugar in medium bowl and sprinkle over the rim the... Has an overnight rest so many messages about since posting 2 years ago, Apple Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Banana. Added warm water starts with a basic white Bread dough demonstrated by King Arthur Flour 's spokesman., sugar, Cinnamon, extra-fine Baker 's Special sugar, Cinnamon, gently! A soft dough can thank Amber later for your newly developed KAF addiction see in... Science, and all kinds of great information about Sourdough baking seal, all! Loaves of Bread to form a soft dough filling by stirring together sugar... Classic fresh Sourdough starter – it ’ s must-have list we start thinking about breakfast end that 's we. Filling: while the dough into a rough rectangle approximately 6 '' x 5 '' cinnamon raisin swirl bread king arthur! Offers a nice contrast enough remaining Flour to form a soft dough ’ ve myself. To be the most beautiful loaf of Bread peanut butter and soft, cinnamon-y.! Sorts of increments, and all kinds of cinnamon raisin swirl bread king arthur information about Sourdough guide... Bread Pain Aux Raisins Raisin Recipes Bread Recipes starter Recipes yeast Bread Rasin Bread Banana Bread Oatmeal Bread Bread...