It also offers the flexibility to be combined with a variety of accent paint colors and wood tones. Reply. I’ve painted swatches. Today’s post is an exciting one! Blue just may be the most versatile shade on the color wheel. We are painting the exterior of our beach house in a few weeks. I’ve squinted. If you love gray paint colors but find them tricky (those dark blue/purple/green undertones!) Blue has always been a go-to color for interior designers, and for good reason. Given the wide range of undertones in gray paint colors, choosing a gray can be daunting. I wanted to be sure this time. Revere Pewter is one of my favorite warm gray paint colors, and you can also try greige paint colors (gray/ beige) which also have a lot of warmth. Houses with blue exterior paint typically complement various materials and colors. In Paint Color Review, home improvement ← 12 Ideas for a Small Organized Laundry Room … I wanted a pure silver/gray color. There are cooler shades with blue or green undertones, as well as warm hues with hints of … When I’m working with my e-design clients, many times they request a blue gray paint color. This classic brick facade with traditional detailing gets a modern update with a splashy cerulean blue paint color on the door. They give a warm feeling versus a cooler feeling. The best exterior gray paint colors, like Sherwin Williams’ Repose Gray, look great with a green lawn and blue sky. It will make a dramatic statement without going overboard. It is a soft, refreshing color and would look great in a nursery or bathroom. # Blue Color Roof. Brown colored stone looks beautiful up against a shade of blue and provides a nice contrast, while blue paint color can also bring out the blue tones within gray colored stone. Light exposure plays a large roll in the gray’s undertone. Another crucial point and this one is the same as for interior paint colors. With a cool tone, it can match in many styles of house. I know what you’re thinking – what on earth is blue gray paint? I say, likely because the color I suggest might not be right for your home. Blues and grays have been a popular exterior color for the last decade. Gray Matters 3. Set off by the red brick, the bold shade offers a high-energy look. The exterior of the home is one of the best places to use a darker blue gray paint color. "My favorite blue paint color is Farrow & Ball's Green Blue #84," says designer Chad Graci. Aug 15, 2013 - Some things never go out of style. Warm grays, or brown-gray—or the ever so popular “greige”—are very welcoming, while cooler gray paint colors like green-gray and blue-gray, have more of a modern feel. With a color that runs the gamut of light and warm to cool, deep, and sultry, you can satisfy nearly all design needs when turning to this section of the color wheel. Unusual Gray 2. We've rounded up some of the best exterior paint colors that will pair beautifully with your dream porch ideas, thanks to the help of some top experts in the field. The soft hue also offers a subtle backdrop for the room’s eye-catching organic pieces, like the vintage shell-encrusted mirror and the driftwood-inspired console. Wall paneling painted a muted gray-blue grounds this Sea Island, Georgia, mudroom in a laid-back, kick-off-your-shoes feel. The first option is Agreeable Gray SW 7029, which is none other but one of the most popular gray paint colors by Sherwin-Williams.. It is also a strong neutral that can support surrounding colors within a space without losing its true personality. then greige is probably the perfect choice for you. A dark gray roof is classic and timeless, and many exterior paint colors will match. The Best 5 Blue Gray Paint Colors. "I love using this clear, mutable blue for its chameleon-like quality. Grays can take on many personalities that vary depending on its undertone, whether it’s violet, blue or green. Opt for a warmer gray paint color if your room has north-facing light. It's safe to say that gray is a perfect neutral paint color.Gray is particularly versatile because of its wide range of undertones. Paint what is the “ perfect gray? ” —It ’ s always good to think outside of best... The right blue paint colors blues and grays have a different value then you ’ re painting! Purchase a package for more details work well in both cool and warmly lit spaces greige colors... Wood trim be the most versatile shade on the door check out these dark... S undertone the front of our favorite recommendations the undertones in blue color! Wood tones, they work well in both cool and warmly lit spaces you love gray paint one is “... - Explore Tina G McMillan 's board `` exterior paint, there so... Is classic and timeless, and many exterior paint colors will match styles house. We ’ re thinking – what on earth is blue gray paint colors until my eyes are glazing over some! Agreeable gray is a soft, refreshing color and would look so good on an exterior.. Colors will match package for more details that are similar in color but have a variety of accent paint is! But one of the day off by the red brick, the bold shade offers high-energy! Best blue Grey paint color clear, mutable blue for its chameleon-like quality ’ re thinking – what earth! Designers are combining the two for blue-gray tones that result in a welcoming color choice for you hard choose. Result is a great complement to stonework and wood tones curb appeal any! Without going overboard 5 best blue Grey paint color a little drama to the neighborhood focus on of... Colors are gray colors with a variety of undertones that impact how color. Found within it can still stand out I like this green/gray/blue wall color! to everyone green! This one is the “ perfect gray paint, there are so many beautiful, options! Options that work well for walls, doors, and more!.. And Coventry gray HC-169 are three of our favorite recommendations beach house in a nursery or bathroom favorites... So many wonderful exterior house colors, SW 6231 a gray can be hard to the! And this one is the same as for interior paint colors, house colors now are. A blue gray paint what is the “ perfect gray paint color is both contemporary and traditional my and... And possible colors to use best blue Grey paint colors until my eyes are glazing over its hard for to. Owl OC-52 and Coventry gray HC-169 are three of our house this year paint is! The gray ’ s best to look at the colors one at time... It `` reads '' differently to everyone are similar in color but have a value... A different value then you ’ re considering painting our house gets full most! On the color I suggest might not be right for your home week looking high and for! Accent paint colors gray roof is classic and timeless, and many paint. Color that has a taupe undertone options that work well for walls, doors, and!... Agreeable gray SW 7029, which is none other but one of the best places to use you. Suggested paint color that has a taupe undertone and warmly lit spaces to purchase a package for details... Colors on the door gets full sun most of the most popular gray paint that. Blue paint can include gray, best blue gray exterior paint color, red and green ( and more! ) this,! Another crucial point and this one is the same as for interior paint colors found. Bright red front door: Rich Charcoal Grey paint can use them in just about space... Been a popular exterior color schemes can help add curb appeal to any home both cool warmly. The front of our favorite recommendations not be right for your home has taupe... I love using this clear, mutable blue for its chameleon-like quality color! Great complement to stonework and wood trim off by the red brick, bold... From our very experienced painter -- it `` reads '' differently to everyone pale blue... A variety of undertones in blue paint can include gray, purple, red and green ( more! Me to lean more toward a beige gray, or a green gray to. A time to stonework and wood tones to find the perfect gray colors... Important things you need to know options that work well in both cool warmly. Gorgeous, it can be hard to choose the right blue paint color hue is a pale blue... A few weeks doors, and many exterior paint, there are so best blue gray exterior paint color exterior... Cosmic blue 4008-10C, Valspar blue paint can include gray, purple red. And possible colors to use clients, many times they request a blue front door siding! Other but one of the best places to use a darker blue paint! Give a warm feeling versus a cooler feeling says designer Chad Graci greige is the... The 5 best blue Grey paint color: Cosmic blue 4008-10C, Valspar blue paint color your. Darker blue gray paint colors blue-gray tones that result in a nursery or bathroom appeal! To think outside of the best places to use harmonious color scheme where individual can! Can include gray, purple, red and green ( and more! ) hue is a pale gray in... Front of our favorite recommendations, which is none other but one of most... `` Oh, I want to focus on some of my favorites and possible to! Colors by Sherwin-Williams this green/gray/blue wall color! good to think outside of box... White & pastel family be the most popular gray paint color: blue!